• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Shady859

Back online in GAF tourney, competition is much higher than randoms. Almost got my first win but one of you jerks bombed the finish line after guy in front if me was green shelled! Lol

This game has literally no options. No control options (all I wanna do is make R trigger my acceleration button), no audio options, no video options. Its kind of pathetic really. Lovely game otherwise, looks great, runs great, but I smh at how bare bones it is. They don't even let us switch characters/vehicles inside a multiplayer lobby. Why?

Had tons of fun with the game yesterday, very strong entry to the series. The steel book looks awesome to boot. :p
I'll enter the GAF tournaments later today, if anyone wants to add me, especially UK and German GAF, please do! NNID tobyish

BTW Cloudtop Cruise. That is all.

Dominator

This game has literally no options. No control options (all I wanna do is make R trigger my acceleration button), no audio options, no video options. Its kind of pathetic really. Lovely game otherwise, looks great, runs great, but I smh at how bare bones it is. They don't even let us switch characters/vehicles inside a multiplayer lobby. Why?
Its a sorry excuse but Nintendo is still getting the hang of this multiplayer thing. At least its working and functional on day 1.

holy shit. my friend and i played grand prix for 5 hours straight tonight. amazing. then we jumped online. incredible.

the thrill of knowing you're competing against actual people and not the computer, it's so awesome. i'm so impressed by how smooth things are online. it didn't seem any different to local multiplayer. thumbs up nintendo!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Way late with this response but I have NO idea. I looked back and saw you throwing it but it's like I went through a wormhole at the last second and the explosion just vanished from my screen. Super weird.

And You and Papercuts are way too good. Like......stahp. I need to go practice and find a main + better kart loadout.

I'M COMING FOR YOU ALL YOU BASTARDS /LauraCraftRombTaider

You're clearly already hacking.

mo60

I seem to be doing better in the 100cc grand prix compared to the 50cc grand prix because I'm using rosalina and the sport bike now which makes it way easier for me to get first place 99% of the time. How do you join the gaf tourney group anyway? I want to try to beat some of you guys.

This game is really great. Playing with a friend tonight and playing in the GAF tournament... yup, this game is great. Between this, Pikmin 3, Nintendoland, Mario 3D World and others, and Smash and Zelda coming up, I am real happy with my Wii U. Obviously I wouldn't go the generation without my PS4 too for its exclusives and multiplats but I couldn't have gone the gen without some Mario Kart and Smash either.

Am I crazy or did I see you at the top of the comments on the Smash Invitational video? I know I'm recalling something at least

It is possible. I use this picture on my youtube channel as well and I do usually post on new smash videos =D

Broritos

Why are people going thru 50cc then 100cc? Completing 150cc overwrites 50cc and 100cc. So if you only have ever played 150cc, if you get three star then you'll have three star on 50cc and 100cc as well without having to actually play it.

drotahorror

Just played my first race ever online for a Mario Kart game. I was in first place 2nd and 3rd lap and then got hit with a blue shell 20 ft from the finish line and got 5th.

:(

I've been enjoying this one much more than Mario Kart Wii. I don't know if I just remember wrong or what but I simply didn't like MK Wii because of the controls. MK8 I'm using the Wii U Pro controller and I'm really enjoying it.

The flying/floating mechanic is great too. I thought it would be really bad or gimmicky but it's actually fun and works really well. I wouldn't want to play without it now.

My 4 year old played it for hours, and then got mad when he was told it was time for a break. So yeah it's kid recommended. The 50cc is too hard for him to place in the top 3 usually but he has fun apparently anyway. I really didn't think he'd enjoy a racing game for more than a few minutes (he's used to regular Mario games/Lego City/Skylanders/Toy Story 3 and such) but he seems to love it at least as much as anything else he's played.

Gambit

Why are people going thru 50cc then 100cc? Completing 150cc overwrites 50cc and 100cc. So if you only have ever played 150cc, if you get three star then you'll have three star on 50cc and 100cc as well without having to actually play it.

1) I didn't know.

2) Does that unlock all characters?

3) Starting with 150cc? Are you crazy? Too fast for slow, old minds. Gotta ease into it

The Goat

Game is pretty awesome. Unlocked all the tracks, and most of the characters. Some of the new tracks are really kick ass, others, not so much. I really wish they left the shortcuts in for the remake tracks :( They don't feel like the tracks they're based on.

Also, I've grown tired of "View replay" being the default after each race. So annoying. Getting back up to speed so you can start your slide, feels just a touch off on heavier characters. Maybe it's just because I'm using the touch pad controller, but it feels off. I will be hunting down a pro controller tomorrow.

Looking forward to jumping online.

AGoodODST

One more day of work and finally a day off where I can sit and play as long as I want. Only been able to slip in a few games here and there so far and I've had the game since mid week.

NNID is AGoodODST. Feel free to add me :)

one_kill

I walked into my EB Games store this morning to pick up my copy. The guy at the register offered to give me the limited edition since someone backed out. I hesistated for a bit but thought I should just go for it. Walked out with the game and the blue shell figure.

Can't wait to play the game!

Oh, am I meant to add people from the spreadsheet to play online with you guys?

Broritos

So like, there are multiple sax solos in the Dolphin Shoals music. Unfortunately it's not heard thru gameplay as it changes to steel drums and the race ends before the sax solo plays. If you want to listen to it and appreciate the awesomeness of that piece, I suggest you run a replay and in the Edit Highlight Reel options, put Music Only and just let it run.

So good...so good...

Top Bottom