• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

How are you taking pictures!

One way is to press the home button, go to the browser and visit a site that lets you upload a picture from your device. The browser will then suggest the game's current frame (either main screen or gamepad) in the same way you can attach them to Miiverse posts.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Got all the Time Trial stamps now. I didn't know you could also unlock
the Golden Wheels
that way, nice.
The ghosts are all pretty easy to beat, but from what I can tell, they aren't supposed to be hard, they're just there to show you different paths you can take. They usually follow a different route each lap.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Fuck 150cc. I did a run through all the new cups, coming in first in the first three races every time. And without fail, I get hit with a barrage of shit on the final lap of the final race that kicks me somewhere between 3rd and 6th place. Instead of getting those three stars, I end up getting one or none.

You probably already know this but if you pick up a shell or banana you can keep the left trigger pressed and it will hold the item behind you to protect you a bit from other shells etc...

Iikely you already know this.

tkscz

Fuck 150cc. I did a run through all the new cups, coming in first in the first three races every time. And without fail, I get hit with a barrage of shit on the final lap of the final race that kicks me somewhere between 3rd and 6th place. Instead of getting those three stars, I end up getting one or none.

Sounds like a NeoGaf tournament.

I was excited to hear that a second player can play online under their own Mii character unlike MKWii and earn points towards their own online rank. Played at least 3 hours and as a blast.

Come back to play today and the second player is using same Mii character yet their online rank is reset back to 1000! WTF.

I checked with a friend who has been playing with his brother (second player) and same thing happened to his brother. Surely this can't be right? What's the point then?!

I assumed it was like Nintendoland where records and stamps are tied to the particular Mii character.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Nope. kdl v32xbr1

Ive calibrated it to where its pretty rich in color, but its obviously been around the block. Tempted to upgrade.

I think I've got the 40 inch version of the set. It's a good set.

BM8

Neo Member
Oh hey, someone I recognize!

Had some fun races with you!

Wish we had a larger group though. /:

Yep, you kept us on our toes!

We were both Wario :D

I did a 1 v 1 with someone, as Wario. Right at the start, i slammed into him, and sent him to the side. That was the end of that race :¿)

Tregard

Soothsayer
Can you keep the slowdown in a highlight reel edit? I have a clip of Waluigi that is brilliant slowed down but can't seem to keep it that way :(.

Sounds like a NeoGaf tournament.

Haha. Yeah, I bet they are crazy. My wireless internet is awful though so I'm not gonna play online until I go and get the usb to ethernet adaptor, hopefully within a few days. I do look forward to it though!

You probably already know this but if you pick up a shell or banana you can keep the left trigger pressed and it will hold the item behind you to protect you a bit from other shells etc...

Iikely you already know this.

Mario Kart 101 of course :p. Thanks for trying to help though.

Danielsan

Had a few fun races in the GAF tournament. I'm absolutely rubbish at this game. I'm still trying to find the right vehicle and character for me.

Tirod

A COMMUNICATION ERROR OCCURRED MY ASS.

... :(

Well I had fun tonight GAF. Shoutout to Ben if you are reading this, nice playing with you man.

I was excited to hear that a second player can play online under their own Mii character unlike MKWii and earn points towards their own online rank. Played at least 3 hours and as a blast.

Come back to play today and the second player is using same Mii character yet their online rank is reset back to 1000! WTF.

I checked with a friend who has been playing with his brother (second player) and same thing happened to his brother. Surely this can't be right? What's the point then?!

I assumed it was like Nintendoland where records and stamps are tied to the particular Mii character.

Ok I did some testing and found out it WILL save your online ranking as player 2 but you must have played the game online at least once under your own NNID and game save as player 1 (on the same console).

After that when that player joins as player 2 in online splitscreen the online rank will save points earned outside of their own game.

tkscz

Haha. Yeah, I bet they are crazy. My wireless internet is awful though so I'm not gonna play online until I go and get the usb to ethernet adaptor, hopefully within a few days. I do look forward to it though!

Mario Kart 101 of course :p. Thanks for trying to help though.

My wireless isn't all that good either, but I had no hitch playing with GAF earlier, and we had a few full games.

Edit: Finally added my NNID to the list.

Also been meaning to ask, who else is capturing the tourny matches? I want to upload what I record to youtube, but I think there was a rule about what to name it.

neoemonk

I want to buy this with eShop credit but I'm already platinum for the year on Club Nintendo. Is there any way to buy it now but hold off on the points until they reset?

Top Bottom