• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Anyone notice a similarity between Morton and Opie from Family Guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5Hd04mh9V4
349px-MortonNSMBU.png

So yeah. Guess I won't be using mii again. Every kart and or bike just floats to the edges while drifting and just doesn't wanna work. First the thing drifts out wards. And all of the sudden, inwards. Bah. No mii again. To top this all off it has terrible top speed :(

akaoni

Banned
The game is failing on the risk vs reward balance for me right now. Same issue as SASRT where 1st place is the least risky position to be in besides last, 2nd place seems to never get the items necessary to hit first and even if something like that does come for you in first you can defend yourself with an item you keep handy. So being in the middle of the pack means being part of whack-a-mole while first extends their lead, and this problem is multiplied by customisation where your options are;

-Acceleration; useful for taking hits and keeping up
-Speed; useful for when not taking hits

Speed is a risk if you take a hit and of course there are no guarantees you take a hit in first place outside like 1 blue shell per race if even from what I've seen so far but speed even has uses in the middle of the pack if things are spread out enough. Still, the problem may be persistent without customisation but it can't be said unless you can restrict customisation in a tournament somehow.

Shahadan

I feel Battle Mode won't be popular. It's a shame some tracks have really good opportunities for nasty stuff :D
If they add Arenas to please people I hope they'll put them in the selection rather than doing a separate mode.

Mumups

Ok, so we're playing 2 player grand prix mode, and there's no map being displayed on screen or on the gamepad.
Is there an option somewhere we can select to get a map on the gamepad screen during multiplayrr or what?

Jucksalbe

Banned
Ok, so we're playing 2 player grand prix mode, and there's no map being displayed on screen or on the gamepad.
Is there an option somewhere we can select to get a map on the gamepad screen during multiplayrr or what?

It should be on the GamePad. There's a menu on the right where you can select the map. You might have to tap the screen for it to appear.

Roo

oti

Banned
Thinking about getting the LAN adapter for this and Smash Bros. My router doesn't like my Wii U that much, could be the Wifi though. It randomly loses the connection while browsing the web (only online experience with the console so far).

MarkusRJR

Oh fuck this game looks so hype. I want to get it but I can't this month since I'm buying a new phone and a laptop. So much money being used as it is. :(

Guess I'll play some MK Wii and MK7 instead.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Got to play this on my projector last night. It's awesome. 100 inches of awesome :)

90VA6mV.jpg

mo60

using bike in rainbow road is hard lol

I fell off four or five times(maybe more) with the sports bike in the 100cc grand prix and I barely got first in that course. One of the computer players was like less than a second away from(I was in second I think at the time) and he accidentally slipped on a banana right before the finish line

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I have a friend who use to use a projector, on a smaller scale, and the colors were something else. One of the best picture
ive seen.

Yes. It's very bright and vivid. It's also a 3D projector and I'm lucky enough to play a lot of PC games in 3D.
Emulators in 3D are something else. F-Zero GX in true 3D on that screen is a sight to behold. Not that I'm any good at it.

BM8

Neo Member
Yes. It's very bright and vivid. It's also a 3D projector and I'm lucky enough to play a lot of PC games in 3D.
Emulators in 3D are something else. F-Zero GX in true 3D on that screen is a sight to behold.

Awesome.

Im chugging along with a 32" Sony from 1958 :p

Mistle

Anybody complaining about jaggies needs to fix their TV sets. This game is silky smooth and looks amazing! Barely a jaggy in sight.

I think I found my favorite combo.
Morton + Circuit Special + Plane/Waddlewing Glider.

Then again I just seem to throw combos at the wall and see which ones stick, so to speak.

Fuck 150cc. I did a run through all the new cups, coming in first in the first three races every time. And without fail, I get hit with a barrage of shit on the final lap of the final race that kicks me somewhere between 3rd and 6th place. Instead of getting those three stars, I end up getting one or none.

Top Bottom