• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

prag16

Banned
I can't for the life of me see that duplicate frame, and I usually see framerate differences no problem.

I'm actually grateful for that.
Agreed, I just took the demo for another spin at gamestop after reading the DF piece. I can't for the life of me perceive the alleged issue. And I'm very sensitive to this stuff after decades of PC gaming.

I really hope the guy who said he's sitting this out due to DF is joking...

Fun fact:

The person in question from Digital Foundry actually admitted to me he didn't try online when doing his analysis after I called him out on the other thread because of how there isn't any single line about online mode performance in his article. That's why it doesn't clearly mention that this 59fps oddity doesn't appear online unless there are AI drivers enabled.

Coming from the same website that claimed MK8 was 1080p… the joke never ends.

Just added myself to the google doc.
Being the 200 something I suppose people already would have filled their friend lists lol
Fucking Nintendo, who thought 100 was a good idea.

Davey Cakes

I already have 70-something friends on my Wii U, many from the early NNID sharing thread on NeoGAF.

That said, I added myself to the spreadsheet. I'm not sure when I'll find the time but I'll get online when possible. Perhaps play on certain nights with my brother.

Aku-Audi

Got this baby preordered. Added myself to the list (NNID = AkumuAudi)

Gonna be playing this exclusively in my underpants the whole first day to celebrate.

Roo

Just added myself to the google doc.
Being the 200 something I suppose people already would have filled their friend lists lol
Fucking Nintendo, who thought 100 was a good idea.

You don't really have to worry about that.
Once the Tournaments are up, everyone will be able to join them and play with NeoGAF users even if they're not in your friend list and vice versa.

Also, I decided to add the Country and Time Zone column to make it easier to add friends from the same region as you. I'm sure a lot of people are doing exactly that so you still have a pretty big chance.

VanWinkle

Feel free to add me guys. NNID is ripvanwinkle.

Fun fact:

The person in question from Digital Foundry actually admitted to me he didn't try online when doing his analysis after I called him out on the other thread because of how there isn't any single line about online mode performance in his article. That's why it doesn't clearly mention that this 59fps oddity doesn't appear online unless there are AI drivers enabled.

Coming from the same website that claimed MK8 was 1080p… the joke never ends.

lol have you gone crazy? What possible reason would he have thought online would be different? It's an omission, not a mistake. And you shouldn't blame him for someone else saying the game was 1080p (which was surely an answer some Nintendo rep gave the author of that article).

Coketruck

I started playing MK7 a few days ago to get back in the swing of things, but decided to stop. I want to go into this one fresh.

Between this and Watch Dogs, it's going to be a good week. Too bad one or the other couldn't release before the Memorial Day weekend.

If anybody wants to add me, my NNID is Coketruck. I just put my name on the spreadsheet as well. Looking forward to dusting all y'all with Yoshi soon.

daydream

Banned
Added some of you that posted their NNID here. Gonna leave some room for later since there's so many people on that list.

I'll accept anyone that adds me, though, so feel free to do that! :) (ID: windjamming)

I am so excited for this.. So happy it comes out on a friday going to be a great weekend...

However I am confused about the free game offer.. I own all the games available in America is that going to be the same as Canada? Seeing wonderful 101 available somewhere else really hurts.. :(.. They should offer a nintendo card to those who own all those games..

oh and add me on the Wii U.. I will have Mario Kart on Friday.. NNID: Lord_methedox

I'm not really sure what game to get from this promotion. Out of the 10, I only own NSMBU but I've narrowed it down to Wind Waker, W101 and Pikmin 3 (wasn't a fan of the Lost World or MH3 demos). I've never played WW or any Pikmin game and I kind of liked the W101 demo but it seemed a bit too all over the place. I might just get the one that's most expensive and get the other two later on. I still need to get Tropical Freeze though haha.

Strider

I'm thinking we'll have all kind of different Gaf tournaments. All items, no items, teams, etc.

Geez I'm getting ridiculously hyped just thinking about all the possibilities.

I'm not really sure what game to get from this promotion. Out of the 10, I only own NSMBU but I've narrowed it down to Wind Waker, W101 and Pikmin 3. I've never played WW or any Pikmin game and I kind of liked the W101 demo but it seemed a bit too all over the place. I might just get the one that's most expensive and get the other two later on. I still need to get Tropical Freeze though haha.

Get on that I neglected getting it on release, got it the other weekend and I couldn't believe how I went so long without getting it. If you like some Donkey Kong it's a work of art.

Strider

I'm not really sure what game to get from this promotion. Out of the 10, I only own NSMBU but I've narrowed it down to Wind Waker, W101 and Pikmin 3 (wasn't a fan of the Lost World or MH3 demos). I've never played WW or any Pikmin game and I kind of liked the W101 demo but it seemed a bit too all over the place. I might just get the one that's most expensive and get the other two later on. I still need to get Tropical Freeze though haha.

For what it's worth... Pikmin 3 is incredible. And it has pizza.

What control options are you going to be using? I am going to try the mote and nunchuck and the Wii U pro controller//

Wiimote+Nunchuk, because that's the most comfortable controller by far for arms
+ GamePad put on a stool or table in front of me to spy on other people's items >]

Roo

What control options are you going to be using? I am going to try the mote and nunchuck and the Wii U pro controller//

Definitely Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
I'm so used to them thanks to Mario Kart Wii and they barely changed the button mapping so I don't need more options.

Wiimote+Nunchuk, because that's the most comfortable controller by far for arms
+ GamePad put on a stool or table in front of me to spy on other people's items >]
Yeah, I think using the GamePad itself is actually the worst controller, despite some claims on the interwebs, because if you're using it to play then you can't put it in a position where you can just glance at it quickly. It should definitely be placed in your peripheral vision for item spying and not used to actually play because of that.

Then you get the bonus of a comfy controller + not-as-awkward item spying.

Strider

I plan on playing with a variety of different controls all depending on if I'm playing solo or not. Wii Wheel, Gamepad, and pro controller will all be used.

So what free game are you guys going to get? I'm getting Wind Waker because I never played it before.

Wind Waker because it's the most expensive one of the 10 here at retail (€45), and it takes a ridiculously low amount of space anyway (something like ~2GB).

VanWinkle

So what free game are you guys going to get? I'm getting Wind Waker because I never played it before.

I don't know man. I already have the 4 in the NA promotion, unfortunately. There are several in the EU promotion I don't have but I can't really do anything about that. I have the four on physical, though, so maybe I'll get Pikmin 3 so I have a digital copy of it. Or whatever one takes the least amount of space.

Actually, do you or anybody know the size of the digital versions of the games in the promo?

I don't know man. I already have the 4 in the NA promotion, unfortunately. There are several in the EU promotion I don't have but I can't really do anything about that. I have the four on physical, though, so maybe I'll get Pikmin 3 so I have a digital copy of it. Or whatever one takes the least amount of space.

Actually, do you or anybody know the size of the digital versions of the games in the promo?

not off the top of my head but I am thinking no more then 4 gigs?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I have all the games from the EU promo except MH3U, so I will get this one.

And I try to play the game using the Gamepad's gyro, once I got use to it in NFSMWU there was no coming back.

And I try to play the game using the Gamepad's gyro, once I got use to it in NFSMWU there was no coming back.

I fear gyro controls may be suboptimal in one specific instance: adjusting the glider height. I couldn't find impressions about it from people who tested the demo with Wii Wheel or GamePad (gyro).

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I fear gyro controls may be suboptimal in one specific instance: adjusting the glider height. I couldn't find impressions about it from people who tested the demo with Wii Wheel or GamePad (gyro).

Is it done by tilting or I have to run with the Gamepad to the roof and back? Tilting shouldn't be an issue.

Top Bottom