• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

ffdgh

blueshell_avata_by_neoriceisgood-d7kgybe.png

Leaving this for whoever wants it.

Nice! Btw, were you still able to get your free game?

psychotron

Just registered my game on club Nintendo. Was presented a choice of games. Chose Zelda and was brought to a screen with a "Get it now" button. Chose that and it says my order had already been redeemed. Not happy.

I was actually pretty disappointed with a lot of the changes in this game compared to MK7, which I grew a little addicted to in pursuit of the golden kart, but playing online with gaf for a bit, the game's starting to click more. Anti-grav bumper cars is awesome. Still some mistakes, but a fun game overall.

Just registered my game on club Nintendo. Was presented a choice of games. Chose Zelda and was brought to a screen with a "Get it now" button. Chose that and it says my order had already been redeemed. Not happy.

Don't worry about it. this error happened to almost everyone. Just log out, log back in, then try again (if it doesn't show your club nintendo coins you've earned, it's still bugging out. Log out and back in until it shows your points.)

Revven

ggs whoever I was playing with, I saved some of those races as highlights so look forward to when they're posted up!

Having lots of fun with this shiiiit!

Strider

I was gonna play a few invasions on Watch Dogs... booted it up and within 2 minutes, "This is lame. MK8 it is."

I'm addicted. I got it bad. Heading to the gaf tournament.

KHlover

Banned
Man I miss GAF's harsh races. Atm I'm playing online with a friend and winning wire-to-wire (1st place from start to finish for anyone without access to dict.cc :p). B-o-r-i-n-g

Strider

In terms of DLC other than battle arenas...

I'd love a Pikmin themed course and the addition of Alph, Charlie, and Brittany as drivers would be cool. Pikmin 3 <3

AdanVC

Hosting a party tomorrow that'll have three Wii U's setup, with three copies of MK8. All the guests, myself included, haven't played the game yet (three sealed copies getting opened at noon). That said, I'm trying to plan out a tournament but since I can't play the game, I would appreciate some help on answering the following:

1. Is there random character select?
2. Is there random track select?
3. Can you play online GP to unlock tracks/characters?

Any suggestions on how to make a fun tournament setting (the girlfriend and I hand-crafted Mario Kart themed prizes for first/second/third place even) are appreciated. Currently thinking about randomized brackets for the 12 players, 1v1 matches on random courses (if possible), best of three for any round and if it goes to round 3 your opponent gets to pick your racer... any ideas are appreciated!

Quoting this for the new page because this is the coolest thing! Apologies I can't answer since I haven't had the chance to play the game enough time.

Ban Puncher

I picked up my MK8 pre-order at 3pm from the store, got home and started playing it.

It is now 3am. I forgot to have dinner.

This fucking game, man.

Nbz

Is it just me, or do the controls in this game feel sluggish and laggy? Admittedly I'm playing on the Gamepad and the Classic Controller Pro, so I have no idea what the Wii U Pro controller experience is like, but I feel like there is a lack of responsiveness that wasn't in MK7. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

KHlover

Banned
Is it just me, or do the controls in this game feel sluggish and laggy? Admittedly I'm playing on the Gamepad and the Classic Controller Pro, so I have no idea what the Wii U Pro controller experience is like, but I feel like there is a lack of responsiveness that wasn't in MK7. Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Not at all. Not even the motion controls feel sluggish and laggy (to me ofc)

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

Nope. Very responsive to me.

Nope! Using CCPro.

Hosting a party tomorrow that'll have three Wii U's setup, with three copies of MK8. All the guests, myself included, haven't played the game yet (three sealed copies getting opened at noon). That said, I'm trying to plan out a tournament but since I can't play the game, I would appreciate some help on answering the following:

Any suggestions on how to make a fun tournament setting (the girlfriend and I hand-crafted Mario Kart themed prizes for first/second/third place even) are appreciated. Currently thinking about randomized brackets for the 12 players, 1v1 matches on random courses (if possible), best of three for any round and if it goes to round 3 your opponent gets to pick your racer... any ideas are appreciated!

I can't remember if there is a random character select, it hadn't occurred to me to look for one before.

I know "random track" is a voting option in online multiplayer with randoms, but I havent' played in/set up a tournament.

I don't think there is online GP.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Finally got 3 stars on everything in 150cc and beaten Mirror mode. Still got 8 stamps left to get.

If you just tap the button does it come out right in front on you?

Late reply since the thread is moving so fast, but anyway, no, that banana peel bounced off the plane and came right back to me (or to be more precise it landed directly in front of me).

Likely the kart you have. Mix up the parts/driver... they make a HUGE difference.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Not at all, although the driving model in MK8 is a fair bit different to previous games. Everything has a bit more weight.

atr0cious

This is me today, but so far, my only goal is to make sure everyone gets drunk. And the kart pieces are so different in makeup, that it's almost a detriment to choose random, as someone will inevitably be fucked based off the kart stats.

Top Bottom