• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Zemm

It feels like the map voting is broken, it seems to be the same 4-6 courses over and over. Anyone else notice this?

They should also put in reverse courses for voting, some of those are better than the normal ones.

So after playing awhile, here are my best and worst.

Best - Original
Dolphin Shoals - The giant eel and all the underwater pipes makes this the most unique level in the game.
Cloudtop Cruise - A sky level with clouds and a beanstalk makes this a very interesting set piece.
Shy Guy Falls - The atmosphere makes this for me. I love driving down a waterfall!

Best - Retro
Royal Raceway - This is one of my favorite N64 tracks redesigned into perfection.
Wario Stadium - The music and the fact that Wario levels are generally really well designed.
Rainbow Road - The best one in all the series.

Worst - Original
Bone-Dry Ruins - Dry is right. Nothing really shines in this level. Nothing even really cool about ruins either. A bleak and dull level.
Rainbow Road - I like the idea of this. However, it is so narrow that it makes it not as fun. It seems like this should have been remade into a level to replace Bone-Dry Ruins.
Electrodrome - I actually do not hate this one. I felt like they should have gone all out on the dance hall theme. More disappointing than bad.

Worst - Retro
Sherbet Land - Nothing is really happening. A shame since the N64 ice level had a good remake.
Yoshi Valley - Not that great in the original either. Should have chosen a better level.
3DS Levels - Yeah, all of these are lacking. Nothing was done to improve them. Music Park is the best of the 3.

Volcynika

Uploading my come from behind Bowser Castle win. I even have the bit where I hit Out_of_Ammo and stole his star from his crazy 8 item :p

klodeckel

Banned
Whats better than Mario Kart 8 playing with friends in 4 player split-screen?

MWwLsML.png

Playing it on 110 inches :)

Most funny evening yesterday I had in months :D

akaoni

Banned
I think Mount Wario is the most fun track, good length for point to point and it feels like something out of SSX. Love the slalom at the end.

DJ_Lae

This is probably a silly question but can you change the controls at all? I'd love to have gas as a trigger and A as use item but I can't seem to find a way to change that (on the gamepad or pro controller).

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Great Mario Kart but a couple of annoyances: defaulting to selecting highlights (I don't care, go to next race) and having to hold A to gas makes me sore.

DedValve

Banned
So how long does it take for club nintendo to change a password? I forgot mine and had to change it but now its still saying I have the wrong password.

Other times it'll say it's due to high traffic. Anyone having any luck getting into club nintendo?

KHlover

Banned
Impossible for me to play MK8 online right now. Communication error 10s into a race every single time. Worked just fine yesterday. I hope this is Nintendo's servers, not me. They can fix it, I can't :/

Holy shit worst luck ever... every time I got back up in ranks, I'd get hit by 3 different people/obstacles at once!

Going to save that race just for the horribleness of it all.

ChrisD

You know it's Mario Kart whenever you go from 5th to 2nd because you got a lucky Golden Mishroom, lol. Feels so cheat-y.

RoySFNR

Throwing fire balls backwards to screw third place out of getting third despite there being no chance he's gonna beat you for second. Never change NeoGAF D:

I think Mount Wario is the most fun track, good length for point to point and it feels like something out of SSX. Love the slalom at the end.
See, I kind of like it, but people always picking it online has made me like it less. For point A to B, N64 Rainbow Road is for me.

So has anyone calculated the max amount of coins you need to get every vehicle part (except for the Gold parts)? I wish I could see the amount of coins I had like in MK7. I know I have more than 1200 and after 1000 coins you start unlocking parts after every 100 coins instead of 50.

Top Bottom