• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Jumped into multiplayer without practice! Woot. Got 5th once and the rest of the races I was at the back.

Is there any sort of Leaderboard options? For both Time Trials and Online Performances. Being able to see your Win-Loss records would be cool too.

Anyways, loving this game. Played through the 8 cups last night in a group of 4 and had a blast.

I like Rainbow Road but I think it could use an extra lap. It's over very quickly, probably shortest track by a mile.
Agreed with you. The track is so well designed you are sad when it ends. Maybe we can get DLC that has remixed versions of tracks. I would totally download MK7's Retro tracks (which were really good).

I think I read you need 5000 coins to unlock everything.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Is there any sort of Leaderboard options? For both Time Trials and Online Performances. Being able to see your Win-Loss records would be cool too.

You can see your win-loss count against specific people in the friends menu.
But I don't think there's an overall stat page, which is strange because MK7 had that.

WorldStar

Banned
Can we PLEASE get a hints/tips/tricks thread for Mario Kart 8? or is there one already? there are so many little nuances in this game that the manual does not cover.

also, for people who say stuff like Pink Gold Peach is OP, I thought all characters with the same stats in this chart are identical...?

x5YoBRM.png

Porcile

Being in the middle of the pack sure is hectic. It kind of annoys me that the person who wins the race starts at the front, rather than the person who loses. Mostly found that if you have a good start you'll be in with a shout.

Nicktendo86

I've added my Nintendo network to the doc, please add me guys. Can't seem to find the GAF tournament code, quoted the op must be doing it wrong :/

Good matches on DK Jungle and Cloudtop. Lots of red shells and piranha plants, but it seemed like everyone was getting hit by them so I guess it evened out.

Akai__

Here are my top requested things, that need to be fixed or added:

• Toggleable mini map for the main screen
  • Friendly Fire toggle in Team modes
  • You should be able to collect a 2nd item, if you already have 1 activated
  • Star power up speed still seems low, compared to MK Wii so increase the speed a little

This is just from top of my head and I didn't thought about other things for too long.

Anybody else having some things, they want to be fixed or added?

akaoni

Banned
Agreed with you. The track is so well designed you are sad when it ends. Maybe we can get DLC that has remixed versions of tracks. I would totally download MK7's Retro tracks (which were really good).

I think I read you need 5000 coins to unlock everything.

I bought a Wii U just to play it, words can't describe the heartbreak.

SMH at putting another unskippable credit sequence once you beat the grand prix mode Nintendo. Come on.
At least you can skip after the first time.

Anyways, been looking at the unlock guide.
Gold
hanglider seems to not be that bad to get, but I am never getting the
Golden
Kart because to first place all cups (plus Mirror) is going to make me crazy.

Jackano

I've added my Nintendo network to the doc, please add me guys. Can't seem to find the GAF tournament code, quoted the op must be doing it wrong :/

Quote Op and Crtl+F "EMAIL".

Those easy ghosts staff are cool. For once I beat them!
And they use some shortcuts so if you are not committed enough in your race you will not win. For those searching for the challenge, online ghosts are the thing now I believe.

Nicktendo86

Quote Op and Crtl+F "EMAIL".

Those easy ghosts staff are cool. For once I beat them!
And they use some shortcuts so if you are not committed enough in your race you will not win. For those searching for the challenge, online ghosts are the thing now I believe.
THANK YOU!

ChrisD

Being in the middle of the pack sure is hectic. It kind of annoys me that the person who wins the race starts at the front, rather than the person who loses. Mostly found that if you have a good start you'll be in with a shout.

Unless Lightning Bolt. Apparently getting zapped at the start of a loooong flight section causes Lakitu's slow butt to ferry you to the other end... Verrrry slowlyyyy.

Top Bottom