• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Kinsei

Banned
Super Leaf was a dumb, spammy item. Piranha Plant is MASTERFUL.

If it doesn't come back I'm boycotting something :(

I agree that the super leaf sucked, but the blooper has been around since it was introduced, so I doubt usefulness is considered when deciding whether or not an item comes back.

ChrisD

Five Red Shells.

Five.

Red.

Shells.

I hate you all.

Also Thwomp Ruins is best stage. One of, anyways. It takes in every gimmick and makes it work. Much better than Dolphin Shoals. Bleh.

Edit: Communication Error strikes back.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I agree that the super leaf sucked, but the blooper has been around since it was introduced, so I doubt usefulness is considered when deciding whether or not an item comes back.

I think the blooper is actually pretty good now, the lack of an easy to see map hurt it before. Though it's still hit or miss as sometimes it only covers a corner instead of smack dab in the middle, and it's not really an item you want around 8th.

wrowa

They need to patch in the ability to play N64 Rainbow Road with all three laps, because as it is now it's just ruined.

Yep, I really hope they add a retro option for the Rainbow Road. The original might be very long, but by shortening it so much, it completely loses it epic feel... instead it becomes rather boring all of a sudden. :/

I'll ask again.

Should there by a separate MK8 online thread because this one is just being filled with one liners about shells and disconnections. It's hardly debate.

I agree with this. Anectodes about races that have been experienced by a maximum of 11 other people on GAF aren't all that much fun.

Timeaisis

Man, I suck with bikes. Never played much MKWii. The drift is so damn tight, I overdo it every time.

I love this game, though. Almost got all the characters. Haven't done much online yet. Everyone doing tourneys, I guess?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I wonder how much this game is pushing the Wii U hardware.

I think the fact that they couldn't include even rudimentary anti-aliasing means it's probably being pushed to the max.

akaoni

Banned
It's damn hard to get out of the middle of the pack once you're in it.

I agree.

In my latest theory crafting I've been wondering if a lower CC would improve things by allowing the rubber band a longer duration of time to have an effect on the pack catching up, assuming the programming would work like that.

Berordn

I actually like the Blooper. It's dumb in MKDS and MK7 since you have the super detailed map to use in the meantime, but it can lead to some fun in Wii and 8 (based on what I saw last night, anyway).

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Played this with a bunch of friends last night, we marathoned the 50cc Grand Prix cups and had a blast. At first blush though I don't think I like it quite as much as 7: only a few of the new courses really stuck with me, namely the Haunted Mansion and the insane Disco level

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I agree with this. Anectodes about races that have been experienced by a maximum of 11 other people on GAF aren't all that much fun.

Yes. It's a bit repetitive and boring after a while.

xinek

Can we PLEASE get a hints/tips/tricks thread for Mario Kart 8? or is there one already? there are so many little nuances in this game that the manual does not cover.

also, for people who say stuff like Pink Gold Peach is OP, I thought all characters with the same stats in this chart are identical...?

[chart snipped]

EDIT: actually according to the chart, how is pink gold peach better than wario, morton, or bowser? same stats besides the fact that she has a lower speed

Where did this chart come from?! I was wondering why my performance was all over the place, didn't connect it to changing characters.

Tips and tricks, yes, please!

MicH

Man, I suck with bikes. Never played much MKWii. The drift is so damn tight, I overdo it every time.

I love this game, though. Almost got all the characters. Haven't done much online yet. Everyone doing tourneys, I guess?
I can only use bikes, I can't for the life of me use karts well :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lol, the tourney sorta breaks when you go above 1000 and resets to zero.

Nintendo was not prepared for gaf.

Timeaisis

I need to get online. 150cc was fairly easy to gold, but mirror mode is kicking my ass at places.

A few hours at GAF tourney should help that, I'd assume.

Kyuur

Just saw Chris spectacularly counter a blue shell with his horn while spectating. Great new item. He then proceeded to get bumped down to 8th place some other way as I was typing. Poor Chris. :(

Lol, the tourney sorta breaks when you go above 1000 and resets to zero.

Nintendo was not prepared for gaf.

It wasn't designed to be for such a long duration probably. We can all still play together even outside the designated 'tournament' period. We just don't receive points.

Top Bottom