• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

NotLiquid

IGMjata.gif

DrunkDan

The code should be emailed immediately, you just can't use it in the eshop until Thursday to Friday midnight.

Thanks. I'll probably order it today then download it once I'm back from work on Friday. Games downloaded from the eshop will show up in my Club Nintendo account automatically right?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I think I have decided on eshop digital version.

On my system. At all times.

LoveCake

Added myself to the spreadsheet.

My NNID name is the same as my GAF name, but PLEASE PM me if you add me, if you don't i won't know you have added me & i won't of added you back.

People really need to let members that they add because, the other person has to add them back.

I'm just getting the normal version, i did have the Blue Shell one on order, but it was too expensive just for the plastic trophy, i got a good deal from Amazon for the normal version for £34.99.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
goddamned 100 friends limit...I had to erase some of those who were away for more than a month to make space...sorry fellas

LoveCake

goddamned 100 friends limit...I had to erase some of those who were away for more than a month to make space...sorry fellas

I know, it's the same on the 3DS, i have had to delete people to add more, the issue on the 3DS though is without SwapNote you cannot contact friends on there, Nintendo need to sort their Networking features out.

flc

My NNID name is the same as my GAF name, but PLEASE PM me if you add me, if you don't i won't know you have added me & i won't of added you back.

If someone adds you, you'll get a friend request in your friend list. You don't have to add people back.

EDIT: Also, can anyone with the game confirm if you can select what Mii you want to show up as online without changing the one that's linked with your NNID? (I don't mean picking the Mii you want to play as, I mean picking the Mii that identifies you to other people)

And added to the list. Hoping I can get my wife interested in playing with me... for some reason she hates kart racers... She's just lucky she likes MMOs, MOBAs, fighting games, RPGs, etc or I'd never have married her!
somewhat
j/k

Lettuce

Something like this?

ibltHlIAFtLH8y.gif

I wonder if the MK8 engine could be used for an F-zero and Wave Race game.

Make the announcement at E3 Nintendo, seriously how can they be this dumb. isnt it what everyone would want!?.

New games from these series.....

StarFox
Wave Race
F-Zero
Metroid
Pilot Wings
Zelda
Mario Tennis
Mario Golf

Surely Nintendo would be on the right path for gamers it they even announced 3 of the above for the Wii U!!!????

batbeg

I think I have decided on eshop digital version.

On my system. At all times.

This isn't even in question for me. Now I just need everyone to stay offline when it goes up so I can download it faster D:

Speaking of which will it update at midnight Friday?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
After playing 2 grand prix Mario Kart Wii this morning in preparation of 8...my right thumb hurts for holding down the A button for long period of time on the Wii pro controller. :( Hopefully the A button of the Wii U gamepad isn't that bad.

Cheddahz

Banned
After playing 2 grand prix Mario Kart Wii this morning in preparation of 8...my right thumb hurts for holding down the A button for long period of time on the Wii pro controller. :( Hopefully the A button of the Wii U gamepad isn't that bad.

Has Nintendo said anything about if you can change the controls around in MK8?

Strider

I was hoping there would be an option to use the triggers this time around...

moozoom

Just saw that the store I shop at (in Paris) will have some tomorrow... I'll probably rush to the store in the morning.

Salz01

I come in here looking for mario kart impressions...first thing I see is the Fzero gif, now I'm off pulling out my GameCube and firing it up.... Can't wait to play it again.

Fewr

I preordered the physical version. There's no free game offer in my country, and at the shop I preordered they always do 20% off.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
^stupid question, but can you resell the free game promo code? Asking since I already have all the games in the list, and not interested in the Sonic ones

^stupid question, but can you resell the free game promo code? Asking since I already have all the games in the list, and not interested in the Sonic ones

Yes you can trade or sell the code you'll get from the Mario Kart 8 Free Game Offer but it will only work on Wii Us that are in the same eShop region as yours (Europe, America, Japan, Australia/NZ) so mention it.

Fzero should be banned from MK threads lol

It did not sell that is all you need to understand
it is not fair to MK when the fans of Fzero bring the sadness into the party :p

On Topic:

how many will skip 50cc to play 150cc right away?

I feel if I skip it I hope there are no unlocks connected to it so I will be forced to go back and unlock things. So maybe I should play the game in order

also need to avoid online until I get use to this new MK

Berordn

I feel if I skip it I hope there are no unlocks connected to it so I will be forced to go back and unlock things. So maybe I should play the game in order

I'll probably do like I did in MK7 and just jump right into 150cc, then go back when I've got nothing but free time to get 3 Star in everything.

Random unlock's kinda boring, but I guess there's no point in having a long, drawn out progression of secret characters when you can jump into online at any point and bump into all of them.

I'll probably do like I did in MK7 and just jump right into 150cc, then go back when I've got nothing but free time to get 3 Star in everything.

Random unlock's kinda boring, but I guess there's no point in having a long, drawn out progression of secret characters when you can jump into online at any point and bump into all of them.

Wasn't there an article that said, if you complete 150cc, you win the respective cups from 50cc and 100cc, as well as stars? I could be wrong about the stars..

I'm going OCD-mode, and also because of tradition. So 50cc then 100cc then 150cc and finally Mirror. I'll gather coins in the process anyway :)

Discomurf

Nintendo dont even need to make a new F-Zero, just rerelease this in Widescreen HD

Agree! And actually think its possible - Wind Waker HD was a success so imagine Nintendo would consider more Gamecube HD releases.

Imagine how amazing this game would be in 1080p with upgraded textures, effects and multiplayer online. Do it Ninny!

I wish 150cc was the new 50cc and Nintendo added even faster speeds above, it is a game why not do this

Wasn't there an article that said, if you complete 150cc, you win the respective cups from 50cc and 100cc, as well as stars? I could be wrong about the stars..
this would change everything about what I do at launch

I'm going OCD-mode, and also because of tradition. So 50cc then 100cc then 150cc and finally Mirror. I'll gather coins in the process anyway :)

by the time my download is done at 3am EST I might end up doing this

LoveCake

If someone adds you, you'll get a friend request in your friend list. You don't have to add people back.

EDIT: Also, can anyone with the game confirm if you can select what Mii you want to show up as online without changing the one that's linked with your NNID? (I don't mean picking the Mii you want to play as, I mean picking the Mii that identifies you to other people)

Yes i know, you don't get that with the 3DS though as i mentioned in my post, also it's nice to know where people are adding you from, or where they know you from.

Top Bottom