• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Wait, cyber slick and slick have different properties? I thought the stats were the same...

Hidden stats? When will somebody lift the curtain on the full extent of this... how long did it take with MK Wii?

HMMMMM? Odd. The turning was waaayyyy different for me.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Dolphin coral:

Red turtle - lighting - blue turtle.

All on last two curves of last lap. It's a miracle that I finished in third still.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
fuck that entire thing. coin oasis raining down on my item boxes

I did horn the fuck outta that blue shell tho

LLShC.gif

Woffls

It's an awful lot more difficult to catch up from behind in this game. Either that or the brutality of GAF MK is too unforgiving.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It's an awful lot more difficult to catch up from behind in this game. Either that or the brutality of GAF MK is too unforgiving.

It's the nature of 150cc races and aggressive drivers. Random online public games I've found it a lot easier than in the GAF races, lol.

sinxtanx

finally tried some online tonight, so much better than racing against AI

I'll eventually get around to adding my NNID to the spreadsheet :p

Been playing with some friends and discovered the different style of drift for superbikes. Took a bit of getting used to but I think I prefer it now. Related - is it better to drift early or later on a corner? Does drifting reduce your speed at all?

Which movie are you seeing?

Awesome to see Nintendo doing more marketing.

Lol It was Maleficent. It was funny too because I was talking to my buddy about playing it all day yesterday and then I'm like "oh here's the commercial you can just see what I'm talking about" lol

It was nice to hear people in the theater talking about "how cool it looked" too.

YOU'RE IN A THEATER

QUIT USING YOU PHONE

AND FIND AN OUTLET TO PLUG IN YOUR WII U

AND PLAY MARIO KART 8
I wish! (it was before the movie tho lol)

steveovig

I finally got into the Tourney and got owned but it was fun. I think part of the reason was I was using Wario and had Speed jacked up to almost max. All they kept giving me were mushrooms, which didn't help.

lt519

If anyone is interested I want to set up a tournament tonight from 8pm to 9pm EST.

I'll take the first 11 people that PM me and send them the tournament code at 7:30. Refrain from entering the lobby until 8 exactly so no points are scored. This will be standard racing, 150cc, all items, and completely random courses.

Edit: please do not enter unless you can race for the entire hour and are 100% positive you can make it for the whole hour

No takers?

Azure J

GAF Mario Karters are violent as hell. Crusin along consistently coming in 2nd or 1st most of the race to get combo'd like I'm in MUGEN or something

Top Bottom