• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

HOLY FUCK

I FELL OFF THE WOODEN BRIDGE JUST AS THE LIGHTNING STRUCK

INVINCIBILITY FRAMES MOTHERFUCKERS

edit - also I'm done. Gonna unlock some stuff in single player (only beat four new cups and one retro cup in 100cc lol). GGs all.

Mistle

What's with this shuffle talk? What's happening differently?

Also, is there like half an hour every week where we can't play? And, do the rankings reset each week ?

lt519

I'm all right with shuffle but since you occassionally sit out a race maybe it should be longer.

4 races is the only option sadly. I wasn't a huge fan because I ended up in races of two like four times (no offense thisisalan). We'll try it without the shuffle if yall are interested again.

Fucking hell. My Wiimote had a battery leak apparently. Cheap ass ikea. Anyone know if I'm screwed or have you been able to clean it out and reuse it? It's a limited edition Zelda one so I'm particularly disappointed.

I had a battery explode in mine a few years ago while I was playing, was able to clean most of it out and it still works today.

Shuffle Hour tournament results:

zlCfzR_lR1cuuES1Dg

This tournament stopped making sense a long, long time ago.

Strider

Ok time for a break but the GAF anti-shuffle hour will start at 10pm est

8575-6601-3841

Jump in whenever, it'll restart everyone right at 10

I'm def down for a break then joining this. This will give us a chance to try anti-shuffle n see which one we prefer.

DJIzana

Time to unlock some more content before I race again. I think I might stay with the Yoshi bike but we'll have to see. I also need to find a good set of wheels that I can get used to as well.

Unwell Cat

Neo Member
I'm new here (from a posting point of view) but confused. I would like to add my NNID to the list but it says quote to see but nothing happens. Could someone let me know what I'm doing wrong please.

I may be the only person in Australia with a Wii U and Mario Kart but let's hope not....

Thanks

lt519

This tournament stopped making sense a long, long time ago.

Yeah it was really broken ): I think you need A LOT of people for it to work well. In the future I'll probably do twelve person tournaments by PM only just to keep it structured if we want the competitiveness to make any sense. I'm rarbusto btw for everyone that was playing.

Yeah it was really broken ): I think you need A LOT of people for it to work well. In the future I'll probably do twelve person tournaments by PM only just to keep it structured if we want the competitiveness to make any sense. I'm rarbusto btw for everyone that was playing.

I thought the rotation was perfect. I'm not sure why you guys don't think it wasn't working? It did get weird with low population races but soon after I would join up with more people. Seems more balanced when you have to race everyone.

Even if you capped it to 12 people, I'd still be worried about lobby wonkiness. I'm imagining 11/12 people getting into one lobby and then the game randomly throwing one other into a second lobby for no particular reason.

Anyone else strangely mesmerized by the rewind/fast forward feature in the highlight reel?

I'm dying of laughter doing this after completing a race with DK and I can't bear to continue on.

Effect

Yup. Going to finish up as much of the Grand Prix Cups I can before really going into the online, especially tournaments. Just putting myself at an unfair advantage by not doing that. Been playing more and found a few more carts and bikes that handle a LOT better then the initial batch that could have made my previous online matches a lot different.

Between Mario Kart 8, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis I really want and hope Nintendo is releasing a new Mario Strikers game. I missed out on the previous ones but could really go something like that.

mikelb7

Neo Member
Ok time for a break but the GAF anti-shuffle hour will start at 10pm est

8575-6601-3841

Jump in whenever, it'll restart everyone right at 10

Gonna join this. Haven't played much and the game feels way different than 7 (which I loved). I've never (see below) played with anyone from GAF either, should be fun! My Mii name is Schwatz

Anyone else having trouble playing online? I keep getting connection errors

I was getting disconnected from friends last night and just got booted from the GAF OT tournament. Hope it sorts itself out!

Trago

Bought the game today, been playing for about 10 hours with my little brother.

Let me just say, even though the coins are used to unlock shit, FUCK 'em as items during a race.

I get pissed every time I get one of those when I'm in first-third place.

Also, the music godly. So much so that my dad (whose in to jazz music) started dancing to the main theme lol.

I like this game a lot.

RIP Battle Mode.

I'd join the GAF tournament room if I wasn't sure I'd cut out half the time, internet's been particularly shitty here lately. Don't know if it's my router or provider, but it's the worst possible time it could be on the fritz.

Meier

I had a battery explode in mine a few years ago while I was playing, was able to clean most of it out and it still works today.
Did you do anything special as far as the cleaning is concerned? I see a few options online that are kind of intensive but if I have to do that then I have to do that.

daydream

Banned
Serious? Why?

Guessing he's referring the state of your hand after playing for several hours. Keeping A pressed starts to hurt after a while.

I play exclusively with the Gamepad and my thumb hates me for it. I love being able to quickly look down to see the map and the standings and all that, though.

Guessing he's referring the state of your hand after playing for several hours. Keeping A pressed starts to hurt after a while.

I play exclusively with the Gamepad and my thumb hates me for it. I love being able to quickly look down to see the map and the standings and all that, though.

Use Y.

I've switched to the Y button for acceleration. Saved my thumb a ton a trouble.

213372bu

Banned
Just got the game today.

The gameplay is god-like.

The music is god-like.

The course design is god-like.

The highlight reel is god-like.

The enemy AI on hard... not so much.

Pretty much everything is above my high expectations of the game.

Definitely getting some Disney vibes on some courses, I have literally been telling myself a million times as I play : "Christ why hasn't Nintendo made a theme park yet?"

Edit: Is the wii-mote without Motion-Plus having bad turn registers for anyone else?

Bought the game today, been playing for about 10 hours with my little brother.

Let me just say, even though the coins are used to unlock shit, FUCK 'em as items during a race.

I get pissed every time I get one of those when I'm in first-third place.

Also, the music godly. So much so that my dad (whose in to jazz music) started dancing to the main theme lol.

I like this game a lot.

RIP Battle Mode.

Ugh my brother and i were just talking about this. Coins as an item are the worst

lt519

I thought the rotation was perfect. I'm not sure why you guys don't think it wasn't working? It did get weird with low population races but soon after I would join up with more people. Seems more balanced when you have to race everyone.

It broke the point system though, some people got more stranded than others and a first place in a two person race was only worth 3 points.

vanty

Is the players number on the tournament screen just the total number of people who have joined the tournament or is it the number of people in there who are currently racing?

Top Bottom