• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

So all of the neogaf tourney videos that I uploaded in my miiverse account with a message (because they force you to do that) have dissapeared. Thankly not from my youtube account. I would like if there was an option to upload in youtube without having to do the miiverse message (I tried once leaving the video to upload without writing a message and going back with B when it seemed to finish, but when you enter youtube the video is forever processing).

I think Nintendo doesnt like the word NeoGAF, because theres no other explanation for erasing it. Maybe they count it as a commercial of the forums?

The messages were a simple, "Another video from the neoGAF tourney"

AniHawk

i played 150cc in the shell cup and i don't know. they all feel like tracks i've played before but with better graphics. maybe the banana cup will be better.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The red shells in this game do some really weird stuff. It seems pretty common that they just straight up bypass the person in front of you for someone else for some reason.

But 3 red shells are insane in this game. Second place getting that is far worse than any other item imbalance IMO. The guy in first is going to get dunked on no matter what he does.

This game is making me rage way harder than I normally would online. For the past several matches, I'd be in 4th place, then get hit with a green shell, get hit by a bunch of cars racing past, get hit by another green shell, and then suddenly be in 10th place. Gahhh.

Objectively everything is fantastic though. Split screen multiplayer also looks pretty great.

Does 150cc difficulty increase in the later cups? Just three starred the Mushroom Cup and the AI was very reasonable. Saw them getting coins as their first item often, only saw one blue shell (and it didn't matter), no lightning, and the item distribution seemed fair. At one point, the second place AI hit me with a red shell (he didn't pass me) and got a banana in his next item box. I even got a red shell in first place once.

Raw64life

Just tried online for the first time, and it was about what I expected. Top 3 for the first half of lap 1, item gangbang, bottom of the pack, work back to 4th-5th place, item gangbang, repeat 5 times, finish in 8th place. I did manage 2nd place once but every other race went the same exact way.

Papercuts

Does 150cc difficulty increase in the later cups? Just three starred the Mushroom Cup and the AI was very reasonable. Saw them getting coins as their first item often, only saw one blue shell (and it didn't matter), no lightning, and the item distribution seemed fair. At one point, the second place AI hit me with a red shell (he didn't pass me) and got a banana in his next item box. I even got a red shell in first place once.

I've played 3 different cups and they were all like that. It seems a hell of a lot more fair, as I was able to get sizeable leads on just about all of them too.

Azure J

How do you deal with drifting and traction? I tried the slick wheels and sports bike and did okay but man it was tough.

A day's worth of screwing around with my brother and 3 sisters + having the system to myself most of today + loving things that can take tight turns. Her drift is wild good with that setup (IMO anyway).

Behold GAF! The greatest finish of all time!

http://youtu.be/L1FlYcnW2vc

Hmm, I think I can challenge that.

No seriously, I was all kinds of shook watching that take place.

My success rate increased 100% when I switched to heavyweight.

Dont worry about acceleration in MK8. attack items have been severely nerfed (you cant hold 3 red shells + even another attack item, blueshell/lightning average less than once per race), million of map boosts, bumping gives acceleration, mushrooms and stars are everywhere, coin boosts, etc. The only place acceleration matters is that opening item fight where you pray you get a shell/banana to protect yourself from the inevitable attacks cuz your top speed is so good and you just pulled ahead of everybody, you sexy gamer you.

Preach. As much as I don't see myself going much heavier than Rosie, this game actually makes the heaviness appreciated and it meshes well with how I play. Couldn't say anything close to the same thing for MKWii (didn't play 7 sadly).

The only thing better than pulling out into a stride you can sustain with the heavier characters is hitting 10 coins and feeling like V-Tech just kicked in bouncing through everyone on the anti-grav sections and hauling ass past the top 3.

this game has the sexiest skid marks

The blue trails on Mario Kart Circuit... All of my drool.

213372bu

Banned

It seems like a lot of people have been complaining about it not being hard.

As to your question, no the difficulty is the same in the later cups as far as AI goes.

Bit of a nitpick, but when a race is finished and I keep tapping the "a" button thinking I'm selecting "Next Race" but instead it's the fucking highlights, I want to smash my game pad it's so annoying lol.
You're not the only one *Shakes fist*

Trago

Bit of a nitpick, but when a race is finished and I keep tapping the "a" button thinking I'm selecting "Next Race" but instead it's the fucking highlights, I want to smash my game pad it's so annoying lol.

Man this game is incredible!

Not sure if its been mentioned, but I found it very funny that they basically made a level that feels like sugar rush from wreck it ralph! LOL, I keep expecting vanellope von schweets to be an unlockable character.

So after 3 starring all the cups, how else do you unlock all the rest of the characters?

trixx

Ugh my brother and i were just talking about this. Coins as an item are the worst

Coins are secretly the best items in the game. The reason why it's so difficult to catch up to first place is because of coins. First/second place rarely loses coins and they easily get them back so they are always at top speed. Whereas players in a lower positioning frequently have to fight for coind and lose coins quite often.

If you play mario kart wii 150cc and compare it to mario kart 8 it's very funny how different the two are.

I made a mushroom only tournament if anyone is interested.

It's set up to start over daily instead of weekly. Is there a point to winning the tournaments?

Quote to see.

Yup, this is getting super annoying for sure.

One question, I'm fine with only being able to upload 60 seconds to YouTube but is there no way to specify the 60 seconds? :/ One of my friends took a insane shortcut on Rainbow Road with a Star today right before the race ended and we immediately favorited it. Though no matter what settings I pick, if it's set below "Full Length" the game just won't focus on the specific part which is a serious bummer :(

Coins are secretly the best items in the game. The reason why it's so difficult to catch up to first place is because of coins.

If you play mario kart wii 150cc and compare it to mario kart 8 it's very funny how different the two are.

Agree with this, if you're at max coins and get coins from an item box it's best to hold onto them in case you get blue shelled or red shelled that way you can quickly get more of your top speed back. Early in a race coins are great as well to get a speed advantage early. Really the only time coins aren't great is when you're in second trying to catch first and you already have max coins.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
ok, so im going through the single plahyer grand prix and im doing the star cup, and I came across the sea level called dolphin something or other and my god, the music, the music is absolutely amazing on this board.

Papercuts

One question, I'm fine with only being able to upload 60 seconds to YouTube but is there no way to specify the 60 seconds? :/ One of my friends took a insane shortcut on Rainbow Road with a Star today right before the race ended and we immediately favorited it. Though no matter what settings I pick, if it's set below "Full Length" the game just won't focus on the specific part which is a serious bummer :(

Doesn't seem like it, which is really annoying. I wanted to get a part where I got hit by red shell after red shell, ending with a blue shell but even looking at the action view it only ever showed the blue shell hit, and the rest were other items.

japtor

I come to share an amazing gif from SomethingAwful's MK thread:

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

dkeane

So if I want to play with my friend in another location online with other people too... What's the best way of doing that? The online seems like a mess for this situation.

Top Bottom