• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I can not drift with sports bikes. I think I'm gonna stick to karts.
Bikes take the corner extremely tightly once they start drifting. Better on tight courses. Warrior stadium I had Best uck with the bike

Xemnas89

Anyone who plays as Ludwig is a bad person and should feel bad :(
I actually love playing as Ludwig. His voice is so strange and I've always liked his look.

I'm headed there now. Might as well chalk up Cloudtop Cruise as a new favorite. That lightning mechanic was pretty nice, and i'm really liking the dynamic music.

Yeah Cloudtop Cruise is incredible and the theme is one of my favorites. I like to use it as a visual showpiece for the game.

I'll be able to play with you guys soon! I have no access to the online in this game right now, but tomorrow I should be able to finally go online.

In the meantime, I've been 3-starring the single player stuff. Completely done with 50cc and 100cc, and I'm 25% of the way through 150cc (by the way, the AI cheats soooooo much here >_>).

I knew this game didn't sound as good as it should have been. I didn't have surround on! So that means I played through DKCTF without surround sound on too :(

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
My brother and I might be the only ones, but we are really enjoying the new battle mode. At first it felt really awkward, but then it just "clicked", and before we knew it we had played it for three hours straight. It mostly amounts to a green turtle jousting match, kart-style,with 6 players going one way and 6 the other. Meaning you see other people quite a bit (contrary to what the reviews say), and there is a ton of room to improvise considering the size of the arenas. Donut Plains and Toad Harbor seem the be the best levels suited for battle, but for different reasons. Harbor has the huge "hangout" area right before the finish line which turns into old-school Mario kart battle arena, while Donut Plains is turtle-jousting paradise. I also really like how it seems that 95% of the items drawn are single green turtle, triple green turtles, banana, and bombs. Once in a blue moon you might get a red turtle or fire flower, so when you do you feel as if you gotta make it count.

We were playing three round " Grand Prix", each hit equals a point, you have three balloons (each balloon you lose also loses you a point). 12 players, player with the most points at the end wins. When you lose your three balloons, you become a ghost to the other players, and your sole purpose then is to eliminate the other remaining human player before he racks up anymore points on the bots.

Feltrol

Banned
I knew this game didn't sound as good as it should have been. I didn't have surround on! So that means I played through DKCTF without surround sound on too :(

image.php

Please understand.

i hate that stupid clock stage...

image.php

Most of the things you say in this thread give me the impresion that you have the same expresion as your avatar.

I stopped playing a few hours ago :p
But I'll kick your ass later today >:D

image.php

How can someone with this avatar be this aggressive? :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Wow, first try and got 3 stars on Crown Cup 150cc. Gaf lobbies are like DBZ hyperbolic time chambers, AI can't hold up.

je_ssi e

I swear playing the online mode is just actually time travel as I've never known time to pass so quickly. So much fun!
It is.
I've been playing splitscreen with my roommate all day. And, I feel the same. Aha.

I haven't had this much fun in a versus MP in a long time.

I wasn't sure about the vertical splitscreen at first, but I actually prefer it over horizontal.

God damn first items of the race and I get hit once and then fucking 10 other fucking people hit me with their items while they were already going by me.

Top Bottom