• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
FmO3ryp.gif

Robin64

By the way, the requirements for gold tires says "Beat all Staff Ghosts" but it's not strictly true. You actually need all 90 stamps.

The reason I say this is because I finished up all the staff ghost beatings and had only 86/90 stamps on the counter. Turned out I had missed four character wins in GPs. When I got the remaining 4 stamps, I got the message about gold tires.

What WAS odd is that it did say "Well done on beating all the staff ghosts, you've unlocked a new vehicle options!" but this was after the final GP I needed. Which is, uh, quite odd.

Yup. I've bought quite a few games from Game and they all come up with the current eShop price. Hell, Amazon even screwed up my Nintendoland when I pre-ordered the console, sent me a download code, and that was added to my Digital Deluxe at the eShop RRP.

I just received my Digital Deluxe points after buying mk8 from Game uk and i can confirm that the number of points received was for 50€ which is roughly about 39.99£. So i didn't get the number of points for 59.99€ that i think is the price of the game on European eshop.

Hasney

I just received my Digital Deluxe points after buying mk8 from Game uk and i can confirm that the number of points received was for 50€ which is roughly about 39.99£. So i didn't get the number of points for 59.99€ that i think is the price of the game on European eshop.

That is the same as it removes tax, so the eShop one comes in the same, at least in the UK

TMC

How can I set it up to have my Nintendo ID displayed online rather than my Mii name? Can't find a setting for it in game or in the Home menu. Or are you guys just using your GAF ID's for your Mii name?

corn_fest

How can I set it up to have my Nintendo ID displayed online rather than my Mii name? Can't find a setting for it in game or in the Home menu. Or are you guys just using your GAF ID's for your Mii name?

You have to change your Mii name, there's no option to use your NNID instead.

TMC

You have to change your Mii name, there's no option to use your NNID instead.

Thanks!

Gold parts are the only parts with a set unlock criteria. The rest are random and unlock after every 50 coins up to 1000. After that, it's every 100 coins. I don't know the max amount of coins you need to get everything excluding the Gold Glider.

Gold Kart: At least 1 star on every cup of every engine class
Gold Tires: Beat all staff ghosts
Gold Glider: Get 10,000 coins

Do the coins you get online count towards this? I would assume they do, but you never know with Nintendo!

Platy

Tryed to download the game but it fails when installing with error 105-3733 .... already formated the 8gb pendrive and still happens ...

anyone knows what it might be ?

I don't think you can. My Mii name is "Cam" so I just leave GAFers wondering who that mysterious menace that always comes in 9th is.

So pumped for tonight. I work at a movie theater and 2 of my bosses are also gamers, so after we close were gonna hook up my wii U to one of the theaters and play in one of the stadium theaters.

Shits gonna be INTENSE!!

Top Bottom