• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Oidisco

With Mario Kart 7, you could see if a friend was racing online worldwide or regional, and then join them.

Can you do the same in Mario Kart 8, and if so how? Do you go to Friends and join them there, or is that just for Friend lobbies?

If you just click on the friends option, it shows you who's playing. Click their name and it'll tell you whether they're playing with Friends, Regional, Global or in a Tournament

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I am just in awe of how terrible the battle mode is. This might be my least favorite Mario Kart ever.

I finally played some Mario Kart 8 at my buddies house. The game looks gorgeous just the lack of anti-aliasing really bothers me. I wonder if they even tried to do something like FXAA which wont compromise the FPS that much. But the game sure is a lot of fun!

So I've always played MK with friends and just the CPU. Playing online, are there any tips that I should keep in mind? Like is it a good idea to stay in first? Also, is there just a general how to as far as carts and setups and whatnot?

I just went through an entire lap where I got only coins. The next lap I finally got something useful, a green shell, so I threw it and it rebound back and hit me knocking me into last place :(

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't like Rainbow Road N64, probably my least favorite track in the game. I feel like the track doesn't give you any opportunity to get back in first if you get hit.

Draconian

Played for a few hours yesterday. Some thoughts on the items:

• I get what they were going for with coins being an item, but getting them when you're in the middle or back of the pack is infuriating and enough to convince me that it was a bad idea.
  • The blooper is absolutely devastating compared to previous games. I've gone off the track so many times because I couldn't see. Not a complaint, but it can really ruin your race if you get hit with it.
  • All the new items I think are pretty cool. The boomerang is a lot of fun to use even if it is pretty rare to get. The piranha plant is just vicious and obliterates anything near it. The horn is so rare it makes you really think about when you want to use it.
  • The blue shell doesn't appear nearly as frequently as in other titles.

Aside from the coins, I think the items in this game are great and the team did a really good job coming up with new ones.

Teknoman

Donut Plains and Dry Dry Desert are pretty tame as far as layout goes, but there is just something about the visuals and the flow of the tracks that makes me really like them. The remixed SNES music for Donut helps too lol.

Fey

Banned
i hate this game & u all suck at it bye

Not Fair!
Not Fair!
Not Fair!
Not Fair!
Not Fair!
Not Fair!
Not Fair!

MicH

I can't run Rainbow Road (Wii U version) without falling off the track a million times :( RR64 though... I love that track!

Played for a few hours yesterday. Some thoughts on the items:

• I get what they were going for with coins being an item, but getting them when you're in the middle or back of the pack is infuriating and enough to convince me that it was a bad idea.
  • The blooper is absolutely devastating compared to previous games. I've gone off the track so many times because I couldn't see. Not a complaint, but it can really ruin your race if you get hit with it.
  • All the new items I think are pretty cool. The boomerang is a lot of fun to use even if it is pretty rare to get. The piranha plant is just vicious and obliterates anything near it. The horn is so rare it makes you really think about when you want to use it.
  • The blue shell doesn't appear nearly as frequently as in other titles.

Aside from the coins, I think the items in this game are great and the team did a really good job coming up with new ones.
What's the horn??

Never seen it, but I also never got the Bullet Bill so far and I put 15 hours into the game already...

Top Bottom