• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Ellite25

QUESTION for those that bought at Best Buy by ordering online and doing in store pickup:

Did you get your code yet? E-mail or on the decrepit? I haven't received anything yet.

Koren

Damn the de-sync...

MicH > I expected to get my first victory, but the ranking switched one second after I passed the finish line. Probably a desync problem, I saw you teleport just after the line... T_T (but congrats, that was a nice finish)

Do coins collected in online tournaments count towards your total for unlocking shit?
Yes.

hamchan

I still rage and call BS versus cpu or whenever I'm playing versus unknowns, but the GAF group is more about fun for me, even though I'll do anything to get first.

Difference is that when the CPU uses bullshit on you, no one wins, and you miss out on that 3 star trophy.

When a fellow gaffer uses bullshit on you, you know at least he is happy somewhere and that's it's all for fun.

I've been playing with the gamepad thus far, but it's annoying to look at the map on the controller screen. If you play with a controller pro, does the map appear on the screen or is it just absent?

IHaveIce

Banned
Uh So I played the game for the last 3 days straight with my GF and a good friend... the roster is a joke right?

There will be more free characters later for download right?

Pink Gold Peach is probably the stupidest thing ever.

MicH

Damn the de-sync...

MicH > I expected to get my first victory, but the ranking switched one second after I passed the finish line. Probably a desync problem, I saw you teleport just after the line... T_T (but congrats, that was a nice finish)

Yes.
Oh yeah, on Grumble Volcano? That was so close :D I really hate that track, but I did really well this time (for once!)

And I got blue shelled right before finish line in Moo Moo :( Two victories in a row would have been awesome.

canocha

Oh yeah, on Grumble Volcano? That was so close :D I really hate that track, but I did really well this time (for once!)

And I got blue shelled right before finish line in Moo Moo :( Two victories in a row would have been awesome.

I think that blue shell was me... sorry man!

DarkWish

With Mario Kart 7, you could see if a friend was racing online worldwide or regional, and then join them.

Can you do the same in Mario Kart 8, and if so how? Do you go to Friends and join them there, or is that just for Friend lobbies?

I'm going to smash a very expensive game pad if I carry on in 150cc GP. CPU is ridiculous accurate, can't get out of the second race on the Star cup any higher than 6th due to item spam.

Robin64

With Mario Kart 7, you could see if a friend was racing online worldwide or regional, and then join them.

Can you do the same in Mario Kart 8, and if so how? Do you go to Friends and join them there, or is that just for Friend lobbies?

Exactly that. It's the same.

Top Bottom