• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Jackano

Are there 2 GAF tournaments?

Not sure what you mean but there probably is more than one instances running at the same time. Like if there is more than 12 players wanting to play the GAF tornament at the same time, Nintendo servers create two instances with 8-10 players in each, for example.

Edit:
what there is GAF tourney?
Where is code?

Quote OP and Ctrl+F "EMAIL"

Not sure what you mean but there probably is more than one instances running at the same time. Like if there is more than 12 players wanting to play the GAF tornament at the same time, Nintendo servers create two instances with 8-10 players in each, for example.
Also, there technically are two tournaments, but only one racing one. The other is for battle mode.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Pretty sure I have been hit with more Green Shells in 2.5 days of MK8 than I have in all of my previous MK experience.

You never played with me then, I loved to flood races with green shells...the triple green shells were always my favorite. If someone was ahead of me and I had a possible bounce angle, I shot green shells at the wall to try and nail the sucker.

Green shells were especially fun in original SMK battle mode, and Baby Park. ;)

FmO3ryp.gif

Green shells for life!

Ah right. Yeah that explains peoples posts about other races with different tracks that I'm playing right now.

You never played with me then, I loved to flood races with green shells...the triple green shells were always my favorite. If someone was ahead of me and I had a possible bounce angle, I shot green shells at the wall to try and nail the sucker. Especially in original SMK battle mode, and Baby Park. ;)

FmO3ryp.gif

Green shells for life!
Haha, is that actually you in the gif? That's amazing.

You never played with me then, I loved to flood races with green shells...the triple green shells were always my favorite. If someone was ahead of me and I had a possible bounce angle, I shot green shells at the wall to try and nail the sucker.

Green shells were especially fun in original SMK battle mode, and Baby Park. ;)

FmO3ryp.gif

Green shells for life!
I just seem to have a Green Shell magnet on me or they are programmed to bounce towards players or something. Much harder to avoid than in the past.

Phionoxx

Saw it earlier in the thread but now can't find it. Can someone tell me how to get MK8 to output in 5.1? Thought it was that you had to adjust a setting in the home menu while in game but not sure.

kankki

Senior Project Lead, NX Hardware Design at Nintendo of Europe
Miis has got to be one of the uglies abominations that's ever come out of Nintendo :>

Zing

Banned
Good old red shell at last curve to drop me from right behind first to sixth.

Damn holding down the A button for a long time really strains the thumb.
The wheel is really the best. I am finding my hand cramp up after only two races with gamepad. With the wheel I can go for hours without noticing,

Damn holding down the A button for a long time really strains the thumb.

I wish they would have allowed the triggers for driving because I have caught myself a few times just holding the trigger and wondering why I wasn't moving. It isn't game breaking but allowing users more options is always a good thing as far as I see it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Haha, is that actually you in the gif? That's amazing.

I wish, but that's the kind of stuff I do in-game anyway...someone behind me? Fling the shell backwards and hope for a good ricochet!

Though I've nailed myself due to doing stuff like that more than I wish to admit when it ends up bouncing straight back at me. ;P

I wish they would have allowed the triggers for driving because I have caught myself a few times just holding the trigger and wondering why I wasn't moving. It isn't game breaking but allowing users more options is always a good thing as far as I see it.

I find myself using the right stick instead of the A button.

Top Bottom