• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Online has been amazing so far, really digging MK8. Also gives me a reason to repost this.

fF1N1xc.gif

Delt31

There's a number next to your name. Everyone starts at 1000. You do well, it goes up. You do bad, it goes down. The better/worse, the more extreme the addition/subtraction.

If you enter a tournament (user made server) you start with 0 and can raise it as far as you can.

Thanks. Is there a reward for a certain number or is just bragging rights? And does it carry over with you if you quit out and play the next day?

Jucksalbe

Banned
Once you upload a ghost your friends can access it. I'm not sure what's supposed to be wrong with that.

a) I'd now have to send a separate message outside the game to notify anyone that I improved my time, most people won't check every leaderboard constantly.
b) It seems new times don't even appear properly on a friend's leaderboard if I don't attach a meaningless Miiverse message.

I only have 2 gripes with this game.

1. Why have the controller screen split screen as well? I mean, if 2 people are playing, why not have the controller have 1 screen and the 2nd player have the TV? Or at least the option to change it.

2. Stars are pointless.

TEJ

I am bringing this game over to a friends house. Can multiplayer be done with two gamepads? will my gamepad be compatable with his wii u?

Son Of D

Oh god. Was first place on Music Park. Then I get hit by a red shell, then a green (I think), then bit by a piranha plant becoming last place.

Cheddahz

Banned
Had a long day at work today, so I'm just gonna go cruising on my skateboard for a while, then I'll hop onto the GAF room to do some racing!

Teknoman

I only have 2 gripes with this game.

1. Why have the controller screen split screen as well? I mean, if 2 people are playing, why not have the controller have 1 screen and the 2nd player have the TV? Or at least the option to change it.

2. Stars are pointless.

Gripe 1 needs to be patched in if possible. Seriously would help alot.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
For anyone with the Pro Controller how does it feel with this game? I'm thinking about getting it soon.

Pro controller feels great for every game, including this one :B

Although that being said, I would be using the wiimote+nunchuck if you could still do tricks with waggle.

Tucah

you speak so well
I keep telling myself I'll stop playing for the day, then I stop for maybe 15 minutes before I go back to the game. So much goddamn fun.

Baleoce

For anyone with the Pro Controller how does it feel with this game? I'm thinking about getting it soon.

I'd consider Pro Controller optimal along with wiimote + nunchuck. Both are great for long and comfortable sessions. But for me, Pro Controller is bliss. It's really odd, I can't concentrate as well with the GamePad, and the comfortability is definitely not there for long periods.

Draconian

Trying to join a friend online in this game is an absolutely ridiculous mess of an experience. Error codes and communication errors galore! What a freaking disappointment.

Top Bottom