• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

DrunkDan

I won a race. Finally.

Should probably just turn it off now.

Edit: Very next race last lap ruined. Finished last. Mario Kart in a nutshell.

Doorman

Dear Mario Kart 8,

Don't ever give me the "coin" item when I'm in eighth place on the last lap ever again.

Thanks,
--Doorman

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I finally got a crazy 8 a few races ago. First time getting it. Was in 4th place with the leaders ahead of me. Soon as I got it... lightning bolt :(

Delt31

did you guys know that you can control your tricks? For example, if you trick and press forward the guy does a front flip, push back and it's a back flip, side and it's a wave race style barrel roll, etc. I didn't know this so FYI. Damn this game is good.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
did you guys know that you can control your tricks? For example, if you trick and press forward the guy does a front flip, push back and it's a back flip, side and it's a wave race style barrel roll, etc. I didn't know this so FYI. Damn this game is good.
I like doing the side ones when playing as princesses.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I like doing the side ones when playing as princesses.

I wish there was a way to do this every single time.

aoThDgu.png

Game is amazing .. had a 16 player tourney yesterday with two tv / boxes going. . So fun

Only thing that was annoying is there is no area to choose what controller you want to use. Essentially you have to either plug in a nunchuck or classic controller to get prompted. Also if you dont to use the game pad you have to put it on the charger and turn on another controller .... rather confusing to get the pro controller / remotes working together at first... unless im doing it wrong... but after that it was awesome.

Delt31

Thanks. Is there a reward for a certain number or is just bragging rights? And does it carry over with you if you quit out and play the next day?

Appreciate if someone could confirm. Wondering if there is any incentive to play online besides beating others.

Robin64

Wouldn't say it is broken just that you need to attach it to miiverse for it to count so your friends can download it.

That's a pretty broken leaderboard. I've never had to do that in any other game. And in this, if a person forgets to make a new post when they upload a new time, the time listed and their ghost don't even match. Now that really is kinda broken.

Thanks again to everyone for the help with deciding on the Pro Controller. I looked around and found a site selling it for pretty cheap and I'll have it in 3-5 business days (about 40 bucks including the shipping).

Top Bottom