• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Azuran

Banned
HomelyCluelessBat.gif

LOL, is Luigi pissed off because his year is now over?

rpmurphy

I was looking at this as well, and yes, I see the numbers in the email tags, but I'm not what they mean. Could anybody help ? Much appreciated
Those 12 digit codes are for the tournament rooms. Search by code when you go online to theTournament mode, and enter it there.

Hmm 100cc's stopped unlocking characters. There must be some cap on that? It's too bad because having a hell of a time with 150. Can finish first some of the time but can't reliably finish first all of the time just yet.

trixx

Ok so i don't have a pro controller just have been using my friends but playing this game for few hours is rather uncomfortable with both wii remote/nunchuck and gamepad. Should i get the pro controller?

50 dollars -_-, i will be paying more for the controller than the game itself.

akaoni

Banned
damn this thread is fast - anyone know?

Coins picked up online count towards unlocks.
Tournaments have an overall ranking for each player.
Non-tournaments have a pool of points that you can either gather or lose depending on how you perform.

Sendou

Ok so i don't have a pro controller just have been using my friends but playing this game for few hours is rather uncomfortable with both wii remote/nunchuck and gamepad. SHould i get the pro controller.

Pro Controller is the best controller I have used so I would recommend it.

Baleoce

So when is the MK tournament |OT| going up? With the rate it's moving, it seems like a good idea to separate it from this thread.

Berna

Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but do we know if online races are hosted on dedicated servers or someone's Wii U acts as the server each race? Not that it matters much, just something that came to mind now :p

Delt31

Coins picked up online count towards unlocks.
Tournaments have an overall ranking for each player.
Non-tournaments have a pool of points that you can either gather or lose depending on how you perform.

Thanks guys. I'm assuming the points you gain stay with you after you quit? Example - I have 1050 than I leave and play the next day I start with 1050? as for tourn rankings, how does that work? Haven't tried tourns yet.

btw online has been BUTTER smooth for me too.

CPCunha

Just had an awesome moment... had a red shell on my tail and Luigi just passed me so i aimed to get my position back and use him as a meat shield for the red shell... worked PERFECTLY. Uploading the video right now...

...this game, oh my lawd.

akaoni

Banned
Thanks guys. I'm assuming the points you gain stay with you after you quit? Example - I have 1050 than I leave and play the next day I start with 1050? as for tourn rankings, how does that work? Haven't tried tourns yet.

btw online has been BUTTER smooth for me too.

Normal racing points stay.

Tournaments have set durations so they return to 0 on schedule e.g. a week. Place in good positions to gather tourney points and you go up, you can never lose tourney points. So play a lot and you will rank high. You can view the rankings for a tournament when you're about to join it to see who's up top.

creyas

Ok so i don't have a pro controller just have been using my friends but playing this game for few hours is rather uncomfortable with both wii remote/nunchuck and gamepad. Should i get the pro controller?

50 dollars -_-, i will be paying more for the controller than the game itself.

I initially tried it with the gamepad, didn't find it comfortable at all for this and holding down A felt really bad. Bliss with the Pro Controller.

Nicktendo86

That gif is just pure perfection. The happy look on toadette's face as she passes, her braids swinging innocently. She holds up a coin in a moment of triumph, ecstatic with her newfound race lead. Completely unaware of the death stare from Luigi, and the incoming green shell. This is the best game I have played in ages.

Top Bottom