• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Vylash

HomelyCluelessBat.gif

Rude as shit

Mine01

People complain about getting a barrage of items after being hitted once but i thinks its reasonable.

I mean, you are a still target, of course you will get hitted by everyone who passes by with shells bananas anb bombs lol.

still sucks.

Timeaisis

I've had shit luck for the past hour or so. I get bombarded at the beginning and then have no way of catching up to top 3. Bleh. Sometimes I wish I played a heavy character, I feel like I get shoved around so much.

Porcile

I feel like there's a lot of camaraderie at the the back. I'm always happy when I see someone I've been scrapping with make it all the way to the top.

Also it's a good laugh lobbing shells into big packs of racers.

Teknoman

I've had shit luck for the past hour or so. I get bombarded at the beginning and then have no way of catching up to top 3. Bleh. Sometimes I wish I played a heavy character, I feel like I get shoved around so much.

Mess with your kart set up abit to even things out.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How the hell do you guys stay out front? I mean, I can get into 2nd/3rd place for a while and then just get bombarded with shells and all sorts, then i'm scrapping at the back for the rest of the race. Gets me down!

I genuinely think being in 2nd/3rd is the most terrifying spot. If you try to be offensive and take down the guy in 1st you leave yourself open and can get wrecked, which helps the lead grow further as the middle of the pack is a giant mess.

Unless the guy in 2nd gets triple reds. In which case you just throw the gamepad at the wall.

Spinluck

How the hell do you guys stay out front? I mean, I can get into 2nd/3rd place for a while and then just get bombarded with shells and all sorts, then i'm scrapping at the back for the rest of the race. Gets me down!

Matter of luck really. Sometimes you may or may not get the item needed to defend yourself, and depending on the the track it can be hard for red shells to hit you.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I am not exagerating when I say that 99% of peeps that're online on my friends list are playing mario kart

boxter432

what is everyone's crazy 8 strategy? I usually just mash the item button to make sure I get the star and don't take myself out with a bob-omb...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I have joined mario kart gaf and am currently spectating, cant wait to join you all, I dont think I have any of the ones currently playing in my friends list so I probably wont be able to hear/say anything into the mic if thats how that works, unless it allows if your part of a server.

lingpanda

This game is so much fun. I find it difficult to spend any time playing Watch Dogs. I keep coming back to MK8. Online is a blast!

JLeack

Banned
The default controls are terrible and you can't change them. GJ Nintendo.

Seriously, holding the GamePad's A button to accelerate is downright ridiculous.

Robin64

The default controls are terrible and you can't change them. GJ Nintendo.

Seriously, holding the GamePad's A button to accelerate is downright ridiculous.

You can use Y too.

Or the right thumb stick.

But yeah, they should be customisable.

Codeblue

Here's a gif of Metaternal getting screwed at the finish line.

vARwyLy.gif

I felt super bad for passing him, but it's ok because he shoved me off the track a few races later.

Top Bottom