• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

SCReuter

"I should probably save this red shell for one of the racers further up ahead, but nah, I'll just unload it on this unfortunate sap who's already spinning out. Dog pile!"

JC Lately

Getting conflicting information online: How do you unlock the Mii? Is it random like everyone else or is there a specific requirement for it?

Triz

This has got to be the first game where I see lag in off tv play. It's not game breaking. It it is constant with missed frames and stutters.

SCReuter

I wasn't getting very many communication errors yesterday, but today it seems I can't go two or three races without experiencing it.

I love that if you honk while the timer counts down at the start of the race, all the other drivers sort of jump in their seats/look shocked. These details are so great.

Here's another close call I had from a video I posted yesterday

MXYMGLh.gif

Yeah I have no editing software, stupid watermark.

Kjellson

When you guys get a banana or a green shell at first place do you hold it behind you from when you get it or just when you see a red shell approaching?

I'm not bothered enough to hold the R button constantly so I get it out when I see the warning. I'm often too slow though, lol.

PkunkFury

New Rainbow Road is great. Rainbow Road 64 makes me go "...Wait, that's it?"

Agreed. I was so hyped when I first started the MK64 RR. I had been super impressed with how every other track was resurrected. I remember so many long, epic races on that course, with the awesome music. The length is part of what defined it, and it makes sense to put big race at the end. I'm not sure why they even bothered to bring it back after changing it that much

Yeah, communication errors are becoming intolerable. I played a few matches online Friday night and didn't have any issues. This evening, I've been struggling just to get into races. Probably 3 or 4 out of 5 times ends up in a connection error for me.

Feltrol

Banned
Yeah, communication errors are becoming intolerable. I played a few matches online Friday night and didn't have any issues. This evening, I've been struggling just to get into races. Probably 3 or 4 out of 5 times ends up in a connection error for me.

This is happening to me too. Glad to know I wasn't the only one.

Son Of D

When you guys get a banana or a green shell at first place do you hold it behind you from when you get it or just when you see a red shell approaching?

I'm not bothered enough to hold the R button constantly so I get it out when I see the warning. I'm often too slow though, lol.

I hold it. There have been times where I get the warning a second or two before the red shell hits and I don't react quick enough.

Its gotten to the point where I hold my breath in the lobby and see if they're gonna select a map or not. I hear its a glitch

You may have noticed sometimes when you are in a room, the timer counts all the way down from 10 to 0, the track pick does not occur and then you get kicked shortly afterwards. If this keeps happening to you. You just experienced the room vote glitch.

How does this happen? Basically, if someone leaves a room without voting and someone doesn't fill the spot before the countdown runs out, Then the Game still thinks it's waiting on another person to vote on a track in the room, it will never get that vote, and the room crashes.

To help prevent room crashing until Nintendo patches this, please place a vote for a course and then leave the room. As placing a vote will let the room continue running for everyone else.

Pls fix Nintendo :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Hold it behind at all times, since it protects from slipstreaming assholes/stray green shells.

SM239

Anyone notice that after you get hit by lightning while tiny you cannot drift even after getting to top speed with 10 coins. It only happens sometimes and I'm not sure what causes it.

Top Bottom