• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Its gotten to the point where I hold my breath in the lobby and see if they're gonna select a map or not. I hear its a glitch

You may have noticed sometimes when you are in a room, the timer counts all the way down from 10 to 0, the track pick does not occur and then you get kicked shortly afterwards. If this keeps happening to you. You just experienced the room vote glitch.

How does this happen? Basically, if someone leaves a room without voting and someone doesn't fill the spot before the countdown runs out, Then the Game still thinks it's waiting on another person to vote on a track in the room, it will never get that vote, and the room crashes.

To help prevent room crashing until Nintendo patches this, please place a vote for a course and then leave the room. As placing a vote will let the room continue running for everyone else.

Pls fix Nintendo :(

...wait what. The hell kind of solution is that.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
When you guys get a banana or a green shell at first place do you hold it behind you from when you get it or just when you see a red shell approaching?

I'm not bothered enough to hold the R button constantly so I get it out when I see the warning. I'm often too slow though, lol.

I would if this game allowed to stack another item on top on that and since it doesn't I just throw it behind me because no way i'm missing the two item boxes i'm able to get during a race since EVERY FING ONE STEALS THEM ONE NANOSECOND BEFORE ME

Not sure if posted but these are apparently the hidden stats for all vehicles and characters from Wayoshi who I think is a Mario Kart Wii custom track creator and hacker. Not sure where he got these though. Maybe from the guide.

WwqJF4O.png

http://i.imgur.com/WwqJF4O.png

Oh, now you tell me...

Why is the star so nerfed now? Was it OP before?
Ha. My friends and I were discussing how worthless the star is now. You can't catch people with it as far getting a speed boost is concerned, so at best, it just offers some temporary protection. The ink splatter is more useful when playing non-computer players. I'm convinced ink doesn't do anything to the computer.

Jarsonot

I find it annoying that my best time isn't readily available on the time trial menu. It's time trials, Nintendo. The most important thing I will want to know when I go into the damn time trial menu is my fastest time for each track.

You have to pick your cup, pick your race, and then in the new menu go to Ghost Data in order to see what your personal best is. Want to see your personal best in all the flower cup tracks? You have to pick the first track, go to ghost data, back out to the menu, pick the second track, ghost data, back out to menu, etc.

Why on earth would you hide that? When you are selecting between 50/100/150 cc on Grand Prix mode it shows you which ones you have gold medals, and how many stars. Just... Why wouldn't you put best times in the time trials menu? WHY!?

I really wish you could set the number of laps... I'd love to do at LEAST two laps for Rainbow Road 64... It's such a great remake with amazing music, but... it's over SO fast. :(

Top Bottom