• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Ok, I lost my patience. Farewell, Steelbook edition! Thursday being a holiday and amazon not dispatching it yet means that I wouldn't have a chance of playing this before my holiday. I will buy the download code from Game instead.

ibrBAwArQoZA8A.jpg

This game you guys. This game

Holy shit.... dat lighting!

K2LS5CJ.gif

cacildo

Aw hell and I just bought 3 Wiimotes with Motion Plus built in for this game to use with nunchucks.

Don't feel bad, you need wiimote plus to play nintendoland multiplayer... And hopefully some other wiimote-heavy game they plan to show at e3

(I mean, they JUST released Mario, Luigi, yoshi and peach's wiimote... They must be planning more wiimote games)

moolamb

Lol that quote made me chuckle. Armchair game analysts eh? Sure sound like someplace on the internet that I know of.

Every. Nintendo. Thread. :)

I sort of feel for Reggie, when he says 'Play. The. Game.' I get the feeling what he means is 'Shut up and just play the $%!@ game.'

Ordered the Limited Edition from the UK Nintendo Store. What the chance of it actually arriving on Friday? Do you get an email when items are dispatched?

Footos22

Haha that's awesome. My daughter is turning 3 on Sunday, and for her birthday she wants Mario Kart. She always grabs my ipad and watches Mario Kart videos. I'll probably buy her a Peach Wiimote and train her to be Mario Kart pro.

My just turned 4 year old daughter is hyped to hell for this lol.
She finished mario 3d world believe it or not. with a slight bit of help on the later levels.

You can get peach wii motes?

Only seen mario and luigi ones

Dinjooh

Stuck at work. I had orders pretty much everywhere besides Elgiganten. I dispatched a group of out of work minions to check every shop in my local area!

Mwaha. I usually try to avoid Elmutanten but they were in a whole other pricerange compared to the others. 349,- DKK - can't beat that.

Can Nintendo use this engine for anything else? Like their next 3D mario game.

I really hope they release an ACTUAL Mario game that looks this good. Like, a behind-the-back camera game. Super Mario 3D World is a good game, but I really just want Sunshine without FLUDD.

Robin64

Tried to cancel my order yesterday from the official Nintendo UK store (because it lists the dispatch date as 30th, no thanks) and was told I can't do so because it's already being processed for dispatch. :|

After buying another one via ShopTo, too.

Guess I'll return whichever one doesn't come first!

Shaii

I really regret using Coolshop now :(

Coolshop, Gamebits.. They all disappoint.. I had my hopes up because Gamebits made a huge mistake at the launch of Mario World 3D and sent the game out the 22nd matching US launch... Sigh...

Tried to cancel my order yesterday from the official Nintendo UK store (because it lists the dispatch date as 30th, no thanks) and was told I can't do so because it's already being processed for dispatch. :|

After buying another one via ShopTo, too.

Guess I'll return whichever one doesn't come first!

Well the dispatch date of the 30th is probably a holder until it actually gets posted. It has been that date for me since I ordered it at the beginning of March.

I really hope it gets sent by the end of tomorrow otherwise I've wasted a day off work!

Zemm

Someone pretty good streaming here: http://www.twitch.tv/koivari

Looks so good!

Do we know if there are communities yet? Or how do tournaments get set up, with passwords which get posted on here?

added myself to the spreadsheet. NNID is Zemmes if you feel like adding me, I'm EU so GMT/CET play times.

Robin64

Well the dispatch date of the 30th is probably a holder until it actually gets posted. It has been that date for me since I ordered it at the beginning of March.

I really hope it gets sent by the end of tomorrow otherwise I've wasted a day off work!

I too have Friday booked off from work. There'd be nothing worse than sitting there twiddling my thumbs all day while everyone else is Karting.

(It's been hard enough that bloggers got it a month early and French people got it 4 days early)

That's completely stupid. Unless I missed something, you cannot trick anymore by shaking the Wiimote when using Wiimote+Nunchuk, except somehow on glider ramps.

I liked so much shaking for tricks in MKWii :[

MicH

That's completely stupid. Unless I missed something, you cannot trick anymore by shaking the Wiimote when using Wiimote+Nunchuk, except somehow on glider ramps.

What?! :( I loved to shake the remote to do tricks!

So freaking stoked for this game! I would love to get added on to the spreadsheet but I don't really get how? If someone could help me out I would appreciate it! I'm not on GAF much (mostly just hang out in SmashGAF almost exclusively) but I'll be playing this game so much I thought it might be good to make some friends over in this thread too!

NNID - JediKnightLink
Time zone - USA (mountain time zone)
Thanks to anyway that can help me get added to the spreadsheet and anyone who would like to add me, I love making new friends!

I'm not sure if anyone else added you to the list or not, I looked and couldn't find you so I'll add you to it if you want. Also if you're looking for someone to play online with I've got plenty of room on my Friendlist, My NNID is Mango_Magician. Anybody else whos looking for some to play online with can add me as well, though I won't get the game till the 4th.

(Also, I went into the list and while looking for voltronbadA's NNID, I used the cntrl-f command and went to type his name in, well I didn't realize where the cursor was so I accidentally changed the column name for the part where you put your Gaf name, I wasn't sure what it was before so I changed it "NeoGaf Name". I'm incredibly sorry guys.)

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but Club Nintendo Japan has this to offer:

pop_itemimg_p190hlowr.jpg

Price: 600 points (500 points if you participate in their campaign)
Starting: May 29th
One per customer/account.

I will get me one of these <3.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Are Game sending out early dl-codes this time too ? Do they activate ?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
ok thanks

I guess I'll just pick it up on the eshop, I think it'll even out with the discount from SMK ?

Farmboy

Lies. I'm using remote+nunchuck and it's working for me, on every possible jump.

Top Bottom