• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Grizzo

In which room do people play the most? I have two GAF tourney on my fav list: "Weekly" and "Race". I only play in the Race one though (it's the one hidden in the OP).

RiggyRob

He was....brought to a farm

WildWigglerBodyMK8.png

That's some weird farm in the Mario Kart universe:

468px-Yoshi.jpg

YoshiBikeBodyMK8.png

Nintendo of Europe's twitter. I also missed this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=829369

Ah, cheers.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I got a stamp from a time trial result on the first track, some pit crew toads, so.. I guess that means I beat the staff ghost time? I wasn't racing a ghost, I don't even see any Nintendo ghosts. How do you get them to show up? Or are they that Mario head that I see sitting on every track's time trial graph?

Pollux

How do I turn off the game pad when im using the pro controller?

Does it make a difference that the gamepad is in the charging cradle?

I got a stamp from a time trial result on the first track, some pit crew toads, so.. I guess that means I beat the staff ghost time? I wasn't racing a ghost, I don't even see any Nintendo ghosts. How do you get them to show up? Or are they that Mario head that I see sitting on every track's time trial graph?
You click race against ghost and then go across and choose it to race against staff times.
And yeah, that means you beat one. For the most part they aren't too bad, the one I struggled with was Dry Dry Ruins, it took loads of attempts and was by a 10th of a second.

Fleeing with a victory, jolly good fun and all that.

I swear the course selection I've been through today has had a strong love for Super Circuit's track.

Sadist

I can't believe how much fun I'm having with this game. Mind you, I never was a big fan of Mario Kart (I like the series, but never to buy a copy for myself) but MK8 is hitting all the right buttons. It's amazing.

The Star in this game is almost completely useless. I got three of them in one race only changed positions once. I got in front of one person with three Stars.

Goddamn, racing with Gaf is intense, I make so many dumb decisions because of it. And cheers "Communication Error", I love you too.

The Star in this game is almost completely useless. I got three of them in one race only changed positions once. I got in front of one person with three Stars.
It's decent for taking shortcuts on rough terrain.

Nintendo incompetence or good ol' fashioned racism, take your pick, sir

I instead opt for Nintendo Racism, the best of both worlds.

Shame I can't fatten up Shyguy so I could use him without the light lameness, even with the vehicle mixing and matching he is cursed to an undesirable state for me to ever use outside of single player.

Goddamn, racing with Gaf is intense, I make so many dumb decisions because of it. And cheers "Communication Error", I love you too.

It's decent for taking shortcuts on rough terrain.
Even then it's not as useful as three Mushrooms or a Golden one. Didn't the Star used to have a speed boost along with the invincibility? It becomes a completely pointless item when the person in front of you can get three Mushrooms and speed away.

daydream

Banned

Shame I can't fatten up Shyguy so I could use him without the light lameness, even with the vehicle mixing and matching he is cursed to an undesirable state for me to ever use outside of single player.

Yeah, that's why I switched to Waluigi (which would be my second choice regardless, so no biggie).

We need Gourmet Guy as DLC.

RiggyRob

Didn't you ever hear stories of parents buying their kids a new goldfish without telling them the old one died? That's not the same Yoshi.

I guess not - I always wondered how old Yoshi was if he was fully grown when Baby Mario and Baby Luigi were born. Guess we know the truth now.

Zing

Banned
Ok so I saw the bullet bill coming and I pull over to the side. The bullet actually went along the side instead of the middle and hit me anyway. Fourth to ninth.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

It sucks that the vast majority of the roster is stuck in lightweight. Makes the poor roster even worse.

I know, I was using Shyguy earlier til I learned top speed was everything online. over half the cast aint shit, specially all these fuckin' babies they decided to include

Top Bottom