• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

1up

JmuUrMP.jpg

Sears, Burlington Center NJ...I LOVE YOU!

NNID: 1upgamer

prag16

Banned
Has anyone confirmed yet that it tracks stats as it did in MK Wii? Under the license option from the main menu you could see races won, items used, and win/loss numbers for online, etc. Does MK8 have an equivalent of this?

Self-quoting because this question from a ton of pages back went unanswered. Can anyone confirm/deny MK Wii -esque stat tracking in MK8?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I could have it this evening...

...but I want all timeless Nintendo games to be accessible in just a second from my GamePad, with no need to bother with discs.

Waiting 3 long days is the price I have to pay for this convenience...

Looks like it's time to go around and see if anyone is selling the game already around here, sadly everything close 30mins after i finish work.

RobotVM

I want to run out and scour my city looking for a place that has broken street date, but I have already pre-loaded my eshop account with the funds to buy it digitally :-( sigh 3 more days!

NNID: bmoreno

Robin64

Lucky sons of bitches!

How does Nintendo handle this sorta thing? Will they ban people for playing the game early?

Nope. Anyone who gets it early can play fully without any worries. Nintendo don't punish the customer and probably won't even punish the stores.

prag16

Banned
Lucky sons of bitches!

How does Nintendo handle this sorta thing? Will they ban people for playing the game early?

Damn, looks like more places breaking the street date than usual here (and THREE days early!!!!!!11).

The only place I knew of near me that broke street dates at times closed up a few years ago. Guess I'm waiting until Friday. :(

It's hard to blame stores for being confused considering that every other gaming company in the world releases their big games on Tuesday.

Why is Nintendo different again?

Jucksalbe

Banned
It's hard to blame stores for being confused considering that every other gaming company in the world releases their big games on Tuesday.

Why is Nintendo different again?

They're not? Tuesday releases are hardly a worldwide standard. And a quick look at some other worldwide releases (looked at Infamous Second Son and The Last of Us) showed they were all on a Friday.

C'mon Target! Let me come spend that Triple Trade-In credit a bit early!

BTW, is there a Club Nintendo "intend to buy" for this? Do they even still do those?

Shahadan

I'm not too sur yet since I haven't tried with other people, but solo I kinda like playing battle mode on actual racetracks. I can use some places I never go to in rather interesting ways. Still I wish they were designed with that in mind. Wouldn't mind a real arena mode though.

They're not? Tuesday releases are hardly a worldwide standard. And a quick look at some other worldwide releases (looked at Infamous Second Son and The Last of Us) showed they were all on a Friday.
It's fairly uncommon in the US. I probably should have phrased that "Every gaming company in the World that releases games in the US" to make it clearer. :p

Top Bottom