• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Congratz to everyone who got their copy already! :D I'm contemplating to drive to my shop again today to see if they might have received the game today but then they might think I want Mario Kart hooked up directly to my veins... :(

Since I have all of the free games offered with purchase, anyone knows which game code will likely have the highest resale value? I Would assume WWHD or Pikmin 3?

phanphare

Banned
jealous of everyone getting it early. every store around me couldn't break the street date even if they wanted to :( the register won't let them ring it up until friday

Since I have all of the free games offered with purchase, anyone knows which game code will likely have the highest resale value? I Would assume WWHD or Pikmin 3?

I know in NA they price dropped some of their games on the eShop so now every free game from Mario Kart 8 is $39.99

I know in NA they price dropped some of their games on the eShop so now every free game from Mario Kart 8 is $39.99

Sure but if I sold something like Wii Party U code on ebay vs. something like Pikmin I doubt they would fetch equal pricing. Just curious what people who already have the offered games are planning to do with the extra.

I might have misunderstood something but as far as I know you just get one universal code and you can select the game you want on the Club Nintendo website :eek:

Dinjooh

I have it ! I HAVE IT! Yeah! Yeah ! All over my anti grav tits! Yeah !

...Now to be quickly bored with it.

iyClCy6AhaXxY.png

Big Nikus

Got it this morning. They don't really care for the official release dates here in France... The wait was killing me. I bought a Wii U last week for this. I think the last time I was this excited waiting for a game it was for Super Mario Galaxy. And before that, Ocarina of Time. Damn.

Okay, let's-a go !

OwlyKnees

How do you all tackle the order of the GP? All new tracks first? All retro? A mix?

Since the introduction of Retro tracks I've always played the first new cup (Mushroom), followed by the first Retro (Shell), followed by a rotation of both old and new. Something about me enjoys dragging out the new courses, even if the Retro courses are dramatically overhauled.

Robin64

Apparently there's a store in Glesga in the UK that's selling it early. If you're nearby and know where to look, go get it.. ;)

Saturn? You guys have a service called saturn? That's pretty cool.

Yeah we do, they even have the planet as their logo :D But seriously now, I need to calm down before I call them or else I won't be able to say a word. Man that feels like the day I got my N64...

I might have misunderstood something but as far as I know you just get one universal code and you can select the game you want on the Club Nintendo website :eek:
I think the Club Nintendo PIN is the universal code which unlocks a page in your account and you then choose the game to get the download code.

As for reselling, I wonder if timing is going to be a thing here too many sellers at once may depresses the market a little. Also elite membership deadline panic might make people want to pay more for games (to get the coins in).

Yazoo91

Neo Member
Apparently there's a store in Glesga in the UK that's selling it early. If you're nearby and know where to look, go get it.. ;)

I cut in this morning while I was in town and was told tomorrow would be the day... If we're talking about the same place that is haha. Sucks for me since I'll be working but my friends were pleased.

So jealous of everyone playing the game already, though you'd think I'd be used to it since the reviewers got it so early :(

Pila

You know guys, breaking day one is serious business. I could call the feds, I have friends in the army, I know where you live. All of you.

I'm so fucking jealous. :(

Bulzeeb

A friend asked me earlier about the TRU deal where you can get another Wii U game for 40% off and if it worked online since he was gonna be out of town.

If you're still in need of some Wii U games, this is probably your best option and you can actually take advantage of the deal right now (as opposed to in stores which only lasts Fri/Sat)

LNiBo1K.png

that sounds nice, any chance this deal will be available next week?

wrowa

Daaamn... that would explain it, just called two Saturns and nothing, now I'm contemplating driving there though it's 60 minutes from here. Do you have any info for Dortmund?

Well, I wouldn't potentially waste a 60 minute drive, honestly. Saturn Braunschweig has the bundle in stock, but they apparently won't get the individual game until tomorrow and the same might hold true for Dortmund.

Well, I wouldn't potentially waste a 60 minute drive, honestly. Saturn Braunschweig has the bundle in stock, but they apparently won't get the individual game until tomorrow and the same might hold true for Dortmund.

Ein Braunschweiger wie ich ;)
Danke für die Info, dann brauch ich vor morgen ja nicht hin, Bundle brauch ich nicht ;)

I need this game now !!!!

You know guys, breaking day one is serious business. I could call the feds, I have friends in the army, I know where you live. All of you.

I'm so fucking jealous. :(

Stores can be fined for every copy sold before day of release, only if Nintendo decide to take action. It can also affect stock deliveries - it's possible the publisher will hold back on stock and ship only a day before release in the future.

Of course, I seriously doubt any of this will happen with a game like Mario Kart and it probably wont affect the independents regardless. Working at Gamestation made me realise how important breaking a street date is though and the domino effect it can have on other stores.

BKSmash

I'm sitting here like a crazy person just waiting for it to come out.. And people are already getting to buy it in places like France?!

tumblr_mpqhr4nxD71r59fvyo1_500.gif

FrsDvl

My just turned 4 year old daughter is hyped to hell for this lol.
She finished mario 3d world believe it or not. with a slight bit of help on the later levels.

You can get peach wii motes?

Only seen mario and luigi ones

Yeah there is Mario Luigi, Peach, and there is supposed to be Yoshi too, but i haven't seen that one yet.

Damn, all the dutch stores except the one I ordered have dispatched their copies, so people will get it tomorrow. Tough luck.

Well, still busy as a bee for school anyway.

OwlyKnees

I cut in this morning while I was in town and was told tomorrow would be the day... If we're talking about the same place that is haha. Sucks for me since I'll be working but my friends were pleased.

So jealous of everyone playing the game already, though you'd think I'd be used to it since the reviewers got it so early :(

Yeah, also went in at lunchtime and they said to come back tomorrow. Unless they got in some late stock, as the bank holiday delayed the supplier yesterday.

If I lived in a street date breaking country eShop would not get my monies. To think that the code is just sitting on a server and only a lucky few media folks have access :mad:MK

Pila

I also heard that customers who buy videogames before release can be sent to Guantanamo on the spot and they're eligible for vivisection.

I need this shit now. :(

Ah damn... one half of me says "WHY ARE YOU STILL SITTING HERE?!" while the other half says: "If that's the case waiting till tomorrow ain't that bad..." :/

Sry, no info for Dortmund :/

Edit: But Dortmund is close to Hagen? :D

Well I sent you another PM :p

Top Bottom