• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

random25

Do we need a new thread guys? This is getting full fast lol

And I still haven't joined a single GAF race yet sigh...still waiting for my new broadband access.

Holy shit! I suck something fierce but I'm loving this game and playing online even though I'm not an online kinda guy. I can see myself getting into this.

Now I need friends.

JC... this game is more rage inducing than Gears isn't it?

In Gears, you have a pretty good handle on the bullshit. Like, ok so you totally sponged a guy or how the FUCK did he down me, etc. But mostly with a good team and good netcode in Gears 3 you can lock it down or lose fair and square

In Mario Kart, you'll go from first to fuckin dead ass last in a second and you won't know why. More shells in your ass than Sonny from the Godfather. All you can do is throw your hands and in the air and say "Mario Kart!"

ffdgh

Welp This is it for me but as always, GGs you crazy nuts.
KuGsj.gif

Jarlaxle

In Gears, you have a pretty good handle on the bullshit. Like, ok so you totally sponged a guy or how the FUCK did he down me, etc. But mostly with a good team and good netcode in Gears 3 you can lock it down or lose fair and square

In Mario Kart, you'll go from first to fuckin dead ass last in a second and you won't know why. More shells in your ass than Sonny from the Godfather. All you can do is throw your hands and in the air and say "Mario Kart!"
You can also say, "Fucking Cocksuckers!"

I often do.

ChrisD

With for most. As silly as it looks, it's surprisingly effective online...and exclusive to karts :D

Soon as I learned how to hop-snake all came clear on how you managed to out-speed my heavy-weights as Peach.

It's actually kind of fun. For now. Hopefully it doesn't drag the game down later...

Omnicent

Good races ffdgh, Azuran, and everyone else (sorry, I'm bad at remembering to many names/placing nicks to gaf members). Also who ever hit me with the red shell in piranha plant slides on the last lap (or was it the second lap?) at the glide section.... fuck yoooouuuuuu!

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Gah, communication error... Oh well, I need to get stuff done anyway. Good games, all (for everyone in the same room as me, I was BAMX. I'd use my GAF username, but Mii names have a 10-character limit)

lt519

On one rage inducing race, sure. But for the most part the people that are the most skilled end up in the top 3 everytime, as the GAF OT tournament has proven. Not pointing fingers, but people give all sorts of excuses in Mario Kart, but in the end the skilled player will score the most points over a tournament and have the most top 3 finishes. I am not one of those players. What you get is a lot of people that aren't good bitching about it being unfair because they are in the middle of the pack getting pounded by red shells.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Lots of fun racing today, thanks all.

Though now I really do need to actually get good at the game and provide some sort of challenge rather than a mere annoyance. Perhaps I should actually play some of the single player?

Good games folks!

Until tomorrow ;)
Oh...

My...

Fucking....

God...

I really hope none of you sleep well tonight. I went from 1st to 10th... Literally got nailed by everything.
You weren't my target but I definitely contributed. I threw all my reds knowing that people would be cutting across that shortcut and somehow you ate them all.

Sorry :(

Ramirez

I got a com error during the last team tourney, so I went and did a 150cc GP. I picked Roy to see what all the heavy buzz was about, I wrecked the CPU, it was easy. I don't know if I've gotten that much better at the game, or if it's time to retire Larry and the bike, lol.

ffdgh

Soon as I learned how to hop-snake all came clear on how you managed to out-speed my heavy-weights as Peach.

It's actually kind of fun. For now. Hopefully it doesn't drag the game down later...

Everyone is Rosalina bike crazy at the moment so I doubt it'll catch on too fast just yet. Probably in a month.

AdanVC

Lots of fun racing today, thanks all.

Though now I really do need to actually get good at the game and provide some sort of challenge rather than a mere annoyance. Perhaps I should actually play some of the single player?

That's definitely the way to go. That and Time Trials is the best to practice, plus you unlock characters by playing SP.

On one rage inducing race, sure. But for the most part the people that are the most skilled end up in the top 3 everytime, as the GAF OT tournament has proven. Not pointing fingers, but people give all sorts of excuses in Mario Kart, but in the end the skilled player will score the most points over a tournament and have the most top 3 finishes. I am not one of those players. What you get is a lot of people that aren't good bitching about it being unfair because they are in the middle of the pack getting pounded by red shells.

As a guy who ends up in the top 5 about 90% of the time in GAF OT, I understand skill plays a part in it. Guys like Koodo, Papercuts, Kouichi, Odiscoe don't just happen to get into top 3 consistently by accident

But there's a bigger randomness factor in this game than Gears of War 3 do the luck of the draw that is the item wheel.

Top Bottom