• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Kinsei

Banned
I was in second place with a red shell, threw it but then the person in third threw a boomerang that missed me but destroyed my shell :(

daveo42

Banned
Well I did way better than I expected but still fucked up a bunch. Lots more fun though playing with a good crowd. Good drifting guys!

Kouichi

The randomness factor is a large part of the appeal of this game, I believe. That somebody in eighth can get a few red shells and move up on in the top half, or a crazy 8, or you luck into a star and managed to bypass a buddy. Or a lightning strike from nowhere! If it was straight racing no items, the game wouldn't be nearly as popular with such a large range of people of various skill levels.

Just got 2nd on this Donut Plains race, Kouici got 8th. He got nailed in the first ten seconds by chance in the opening item fight, and didn't have any luck with the items getting back. Sometimes the cards you're dealt just aint worth a damn, that's Mario Kart.

Yeah that's part of what I love about Mario Kart. The random factor is what makes it hectic, fun, and balanced in its own weird way. Anybody can win with the right amount of luck and clutch. I never got the appeal of playing with no items. It's boring as hell.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
that blue shell

CAPbFpv.gif

AdanVC

I was about to join the tourneys but Wii U is updating and looks like is gonna take a while. Dem internet connection I have.

Acerac

Banned
On the subject of stage selection, why does anyone ever not vote for Mount Wario? Even if it showed up twice as often as any other map any given section would be seen less.

Tabasco

Kept getting way too many comm errors both on worldwide and in the gaf tourney.

Not sure if something is wrong on my end or not.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
It does kinda suck that I have to go out of the game to change my cart. Online doesn't really lend itself to experimentation I guess.

Azure J

I seriously love playing with GAF. Shoutouts to the ongoing quest for superiority between jc, anihawk and the gang just now. That damn comm error tho.

Top Bottom