• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

phanphare

Banned
JmuUrMP.jpg

Sears, Burlington Center NJ...I LOVE YOU!

NNID: 1upgamer

you lucky bastard!!

man there's a Sears like 30 minutes away from me....might have to make the trek

so there weren't any problems with ringing it up? that's crazy. I've duped Wal Mart employees into selling me stuff early....and then the cash register yells at them because it's not the release date yet

Man this game looks great, the tracks are all awesome from what I've seen.

Now I really am mad about not having another F-Zero, heck tons of games would benefit from this engine.

1up

you lucky bastard!!

man there's a Sears like 30 minutes away from me....might have to make the trek

so there weren't any problems with ringing it up? that's crazy. I've duped Wal Mart employees into selling me stuff early....and then the cash register yells at them because it's not the release date yet

Apparently the Sears pos machine said it released today.

Mik3F

Shop To have dispatched mine, along with my Bowser t-shirt. YAY

Have they, they said they wouldn't be shipped till Wednesday, have you had the despatch email / text

Mine says processing on the Main Site but Completed / Despatched on the mobile site.

Until I get the email / text I am saying it hasn't been shipped. It will do tomorrow though

So many from NJGAF it makes me happy :)

I'm also ok with not getting mine early because I'm able to get the limited edition on Thursday from NWS. (or at least that's what I'm telling myself as you guys play the game and I sit here at work)

So many from NJGAF it makes me happy :)

I'm also ok with not getting mine early because I'm able to get the limited edition on Thursday from NWS. (or at least that's what I'm telling myself as you guys play the game and I sit here at work)
Count me in on nj GAF as well. I'm not going to bothering trucking down there though. I already have it paid off at another store. Plus I still have to beat Transistor before Friday.

wyk126

Neo Member
I just had a chat with Amazon UK Customer Service, they said that my pre-orders has been scheduled to dispatch anytime today, I still haven't got notification from Amazon though.

J@hranimo

Banned
Hoooooooooooooly crap. If Sears is breaking street date, then I might have to make that trek after work today.

But first I gotta take my 15 bucks off of my Gamestop preorder >_<

depward

Two things:

a) I was under the impression Sears stopped selling video games...? Maybe just a Pacific Northwest thing.

b) After my Wii U was primarily a Monster Hunter machine, I've recently been getting into NES Remix. And with MK8 coming out, feeling like I'm finally getting some owned game diversity with the system. Nice feels.

hwy_61

Banned
No luck at target, sadly. I did however witness a target employee completely fuck up a Wii U sales pitch. I wanted to interject so badly. He kept saying its pretty much the same as a wii only it now has a gamepad...I did however manage to tell the customer to wait until friday for the MK bundle(she was watching me play the MK demo.).

Alright since everyone is looking for a good spot where street dates are broken.....I shall share with you the ultimate location....

shoppers-drug-mart.jpg

You never hear anything about shoppers drug mart breaking street dates.....but trust me....I can go to any location and get whatever game I want a week early. All you need to do is make sure you cash out at the electronics desk with a high schooler behind it......which is essentially 99% of the time. They usually won't know about any of the games they have behind the counter, and if you ask for Mario Kart 8 they will just open the cabinet and look for it without knowing about the dates.

The thing I've found about shoppers is that they are very good about getting new games into their system the second they arrive. So as long as they can ring the game through for you without an issue, they will sell it :D

Now run gaffers! Run to shoppers as fast as you can!

What's your location? :)

I'm planning to buy the game on saturday, I hope brazilian stores already have it by then. Good thing I have plenty of work to do this week, so It will go by pretty fast :)

No luck at target, sadly. I did however witness a target employee completely fuck up a Wii U sales pitch. I wanted to interject so badly. He kept saying its pretty much the same as a wii only it now has a gamepad...I did however manage to tell the customer to wait until friday for the MK bundle(she was watching me play the MK demo.).

0nBkWkr.gif

Can somebody confirm if certain cups/courses need to be unlocked?

Me and a bunch of friends are having a tournament the day it releases, and it would suck if we can only play on a fraction of the courses.

Roo

Can somebody confirm if certain cups/courses need to be unlocked?

Me and a bunch of friends are having a tournament the day it releases, and it would suck if we can only play on a fraction of the courses.

Only the Mushroom and Shell cups are unlocked. You need to play those in order to unlock the rest. So if I were you, I would unlock them asap.

javie3d

Just a few questions

Do wii basic owners need an external HDD even with disc?

Is the gamepad mandatory for Player 1 like it is in Super Mario World 3D?

I much rather use pro controllers across the board...

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
goddamn SO JEALOUS of you early buyers! WTF!

I also want one of those, but no Gamestop here
mario-kart-8-wii-u-preorder-bonus-02.jpg

daaamn the Bullet Bill one is so cool

Top Bottom