• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Got my amazon package in the mail. "Sweet! Watch Dogs is here at last!"

Nope. Mario Kart! Even better! Thanks Amazon!
Now where the fuck is my Watch Dogs

And I cancelled my discounted Amazon preorder because I thought DL'ing off the eShop would be faster.

This is legit painful...

Tabasco

Holy shit. Do you live in the US? I'm going to be really upset and angry if so.

KHlover

Banned

Son of a *****

Oh well, looks like pretty much every Saturn in Germany broke Street date anyways, so I'll pick up a copy in my lunch break tomorrow and cancel my amazon pre-order. What a shame :(

javac

Everyone has their copy first but when I get my limited edition I'm going to fling that Blue Shell statue at each and everyone of you. No Super Horn to help save you. Nintendo better dispatch it tomorrow -_-

Jackano

Man, I love the level of detail in that course.
It will be glorious to race against of some of you on there! :)

Took this spot for the details, but also the perspective. But believe me, encoding + colors makes it look bad compared to the real thing! And it's even more beautiful in motion :)

zroid

Banned
Also Miiverse screenshots are not allowed (will be 720p anyway), Hatena put a disabled attribute on the Publish button.

o wow. I saw screenshots on Miiverse but now that you mention it, it looks like they've all been published through a built-in interface.

can you at least upload screenshots through the web browser, though?

Spux666

Banned
Which location? Did you get a copy today?

I've done it at a bunch of locations. I've never tried downtown Toronto specifically but Newmarket, Aurora, and Oshawa have always worked for me.

I also haven't picked up mario kart 8 yet but I honestly do this for every major release. So I will most likely go pick it up tonight :p

I've done it at a bunch of locations. I've never tried downtown Toronto specifically but Newmarket, Aurora, and Oshawa have always worked for me.

I also haven't picked up mario kart 8 yet but I honestly do this for every major release. So I will most likely go pick it up tonight :p

Ah, ok thanks! There's two near me, I know one at least sells games. I'll check them out tonight or tomorrow. I NEED this game lol

KHlover

Banned
Been playing online. Apparently a lot of people in France have it. I was the only US guy playing with them.

This is me playing Ludwig denying first place!

I thought we would be limited to 30 second clips, but there are options for 60 and full race!

Can you share full races via youtube? IIRC it was announced full races can only be shared via Miiverse.

Took this spot for the details, but also the perspective. But believe me, encoding + colors makes it look bad compared to the real thing! And it's even more beautiful in motion :)

Sounds fantastic! :D And that with 59 fps. Truely amazing.

I did hope Amazon Germany would send the game out today but they didn't. Has anyone received an mail from amazon that they send it out already? Thought they would do it because of the holiday on thursday. ;-;

prag16

Banned
It's funny just how unbearable 3 days is lol

Hah, as was said it would be a lot easier if we were all in the same boat. Numerous people getting their copies this early (not just one or two outliers; seems like tons of people) makes the wait much more frustrating, lol.

Jackano

o wow. I saw screenshots on Miiverse but now that you mention it, it looks like they've all been published through a built-in interface.

can you at least upload screenshots through the web browser, though?

Oh you're right. To summarize:
Home button > Miiverse > Publish : Do not work
In-game (when you win a race, unlock a character, etc): Work (havn't tried)
Home button > Internet browser upload: Work (just tested http://www.pinterest.com/pin/52917364346320768/ )

Spux666

Banned
Hah, as was said it would be a lot easier if we were all in the same boat. Numerous people getting their copies this early (not just one or two outliers; seems like tons of people) makes the wait much more frustrating, lol.

Aint that the truth -_-

mad.gif

KHlover

Banned

I did hope Amazon Germany would send the game out today but they didn't. Has anyone received an mail from amazon that they send it out already? Thought they would do it because of the holiday on thursday. ;-;

Apparently some copies got sent out, but I haven't received a notification so far :(
Like I posted earlier though it seems a LOT of Saturns (and MediaMarkts - most people mentioned Saturn though) already sell the game, so it might be worth checking out if you have a Saturn near you.

I know I will, my dad celebrates his birthday this thurday (dat rhyme :/) and we (aka I) got a lot of kids to entertain. I pray to god one of the Saturns near me breaks street date as well.

Edit: Check this out, maybe a store near you is listed

Been playing online. Apparently a lot of people in France have it. I was the only US guy playing with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHcwSDl489I

I thought we would be limited to 30 second clips, but there are options for 60 and full race!

has anyone shared a full race on Youtube using only Mario Kart TV?

I thought you could only share the full race on Miiverse?

or have a capture card

Shahadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHcwSDl489I

I've played for one hour online and most of the time 8 people out of 10 were french :lol:
It was the same with Rayman Legends and the leaderboards. I hope it'll be the same with Smash Bros *_*

Kalaidos

Neo Member

They didn't send out mine yet, either. : (

Azuran

Banned
Damn it guys, stop showing off your games. Most of us still have to suck it and endure the pain and anxiety for for 3 more days. :'(

Apparently some copies got sent out, but I haven't received a notification so far :(
Like I posted earlier though it seems a LOT of Saturns (and MediaMarkts - most people mentioned Saturn though) already sell the game, so it might be worth checking out if you have a Saturn near you.

I know I will, my dad celebrates his birthday this thurday (dat rhyme :/) and we (aka I) got a lot of kids to entertain. I pray to god one of the Saturns near me breaks street date as well.

Edit: Check this out, maybe a store near you is listed

Was thinking of getting a copy of the game at the Saturn in Iserlohn but I just couldn't cancel the preorder on Amazon because I want that damn steelbook!
I bet it will be here on friday...never had any troubles with Amazon before but it would've been nice if it was send out already.

So you want to play MK8 on your dads birthday? Seems like a clever idea to entertain the kids the whole day.

Chopper

Has anyone gone "hands on" with the blue shell that comes with the limited edition version of the game? Part of me wants it, but dat price. :/

Actually, I may have just found a place. I called Next-Gen Games in LA and they said, if they get it in today (which they are expecting to!), they'll be selling it. I'll let you guys know if I end up going to get it as I imagine some people here are in LA.

KHlover

Banned
Was thinking of getting a copy of the game at the Saturn in Iserlohn but I just couldn't cancel the preorder on Amazon because I want that damn steelbook!
I bet it will be here on friday...never had any troubles with Amazon before but it would've been nice if it was send out already.

So you want to play MK8 on your dads birthday? Seems like a clever idea to entertain the kids the whole day.

That's the only reason I even entertain the thought of kissing my Steelbook goodbye. Usually I'd have no problem with waiting until friday, but that birthday would be so much more enjoyable with MK8 to keep the kids busy :D

Top Bottom