• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

CoolS

What is up with Wario's horn sound? Did he record it himself on the toilet or something?
I hope so.

Game is amazing. Did 4 races online in regional an they were amazingly smooth. Nintendo really outdid themselves this time with the game. Best Mario Kart for me, except the battle mode. Really hoping they will announce some DLC at E3 or down the line.

Chopper

16 starters, 13 unlockable (14 counting Mii).
Cool man. I think I know who they all are, but that's some good unlocking.

This might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if there's some sort of of "platinum" stamp?

I would genuinely enjoy penetrating Miiverse with a giant shiny e-peen.

Or at least showing it off.

Got a reply off Nintendo Store. There's still hope.

I wouldn't take that as a given, I got that exact same email, they also apparently don't know what day it is either since I asked them a follow up question and got the following.

Whilst we can fully understand your frustration and disappointment, having been let down with previous orders, we have been advised by our online team that all orders will be dispatched tomorrow. This will mean delivery either at some point during Thursday or at the latest on Friday (30th of May)

So they send me an email on Wednesday, stating orders are being dispatched tomorrow which is Thursday and yet apparently some deliveries are going to happen on Thursday?

Yeah I don't think so.

I'm actually not expecting it to arrive till Monday now if they don't send it next day since my last pre order with them was sent on the Tuesday and arrived on the Friday.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
This was probably answered a million times in the thread already, but I couldn't find the answer... Do you still have to play singleplayer to unlock all the tracks? This will decide if I unwrap the game on friday, or wait until saturday when many friends are coming over to play the game...!

Bought the game last night from the eshop and I'm really loving the game.

Dunno how the online will be, but at least offline the item acquisition felt much fairer and it also felt like skill was again a thing in Mario Kart, after the travesty that was Mario Kart Wii :/

The tracks are also amazing! I've only played the first 2 new and the 2 classic cups and overall they were so pleasant to look at.

The game is out early on the E shop?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
For those who played it, i suppose there is still ranks for completing Grand Prix? Hopefully nothing that needs to be unlocked will require 3 stars. That shit is too hard to get with how unpredictable the races can be sometimes.

This was probably answered a million times in the thread already, but I couldn't find the answer... Do you still have to play singleplayer to unlock all the tracks? This will decide if I unwrap the game on friday, or wait until saturday when many friends are coming over to play the game...!

You can unlock everything in multiplayer.

boyshine

This is the setup in my store:

jD7Atas.jpg

Berordn

For those who played it, i suppose there is still ranks for completing Grand Prix? Hopefully nothing that needs to be unlocked will require 3 stars. That shit is too hard to get with how unpredictable the races can be sometimes.

The ranking system's been simplified a bit, and as far as I know, there's no reward for three stars.

There is a reward for less than that, though.

MicH

was available since 23:00 of the 27th on the Japanese eShop. I bought it right at that time, so at 00:00 I was already playing. The Japanese eShop does that every time. Maybe other eShops do it too?
Oooh, I really hope they do that for Salk regions!

Shahadan

It's nice to race against Gaffers randomly. The little pool of current players sure helps.
King Snake and DrWong were two of my opponents, I think they're from here :D

Just made my first youtube video of owning daisy at the finish line with a green shell. The process is amazingly fast and easy. Nintendo getting with the times.
http://youtu.be/P4AR9Y36wNk

The edit best moments parameters in the options is really cool, is where you want to put the camera and all that and what actions you prefer to record, sadly, no slow motion option.
You can also attach it to a miiverse message while uploading, even a drawing.

You can edit the name of your video after you uploaded by entering your youtube channeld and editting it there. The handy things is that the video already adds automatically handy yotube tags.

boyshine

The more advertisement i see for this game, the more im convinced they saved their marketing pennys from last year, for this game.

This is not something they're setting up everywhere, it's part of an event setup they've used in the past for several Mario Kart games. But I demanded that they had to do something beyond just posters, so this is what we ended up with.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It's nice to race against Gaffers randomly. The little pool of current players sure helps.
King Snake and DrWong were two of my opponents, I think they're from here :D

Haha, yeah! I think also Weird was in some of those races.

Well, my lesson for tonight is "don't drink and drive". You can really fuck up your online points.

BM8

Neo Member
This is not something they're setting up everywhere, it's part of an event setup they've used in the past for several Mario Kart games. But I demanded that they had to do something beyond just posters, so this is what we ended up with.

What store is this at?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Has anyone with the game set-up or participated in a tournament yet? I'm wondering how many players can register for a tourney, due to how many GAFfers will want to be in on the GAF tournaments.

Top Bottom