• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

AdanVC

Me reading all of those who are playing online right now:

giphy.gif

sgjackson

Might be a little longer, I just beat the Lightning Cup and have to sit through the credits. Do you want to make the room or should I?

EDIT:Also, anyone who wants to jump in, feel free! I'll post the Lobby code in here when we make it.

how fast is the reset on the wii u? i used to just reset when credits happened on mkwii, wondering if this still is effective.

how fast is the reset on the wii u? i used to just reset when credits happened on mkwii, wondering if this still is effective.
At the moment, not that great, but there's a new update that should speed it up considerably.

Also, Bandai Namco was in the credits. What's up with that?

At the moment, not that great, but there's a new update that should speed it up considerably.

They might have had a role in helping design some of the stages similar to what Retro did for MK7. I know Bandai Namco has a lot of experience with Mario Kart from their work on the Arcade machines.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Bandai Namco have been helping them out lately.

Wii Sport Club, Mario Kart and Smash Bros. I'm curious what else they would helping them out with.

So, obviously I haven't been able to test it out fully yet, but I just went into the tournament settings and...it's basically the communities from Mario Kart 7. I was able to schedule the tournament so that it lasts for weeks, so we shouldn't have much trouble setting stuff up for GAF. Looking forward to the sweet tourneys in our future!

For anyone who wants to jump into the one I just made, the code is 4939-5939-3528. Obviously, for future tournaments, we'll want to hide the codes. Anyone who wants to, come join!

EDIT: Oh man, another cool feature! I set the start time of this tourney to 6:30. When I tried to join before that, is tells me that tournament isn't ready to start yet, but that I still play matches with the community in said tournament, I just won't receive any points towards my tournament score.

Cheddahz

Banned
So, obviously I haven't been able to test it out fully yet, but I just went into the tournament settings and...it's basically the communities from Mario Kart 7. I was able to schedule the tournament so that it lasts for weeks, so we shouldn't have much trouble setting stuff up for GAF. Looking forward to the sweet tourneys in our future!

For anyone who wants to jump into the one I just made, the code is 4939-5939-3528. Obviously, for future tournaments, we'll want to hide the codes. Anyone who wants to, come join!

EDIT: Oh man, another cool feature! I set the start time of this tourney to 6:30. When I tried to join before that, is tells me that tournament isn't ready to start yet, but that I still play matches with the community in said tournament, I just won't receive any points towards my tournament score.
Now, this is indeed cool!

Revven

See, all they did was rename it to 'tournament' because of the scheduling aspect and the points accumulation.

Which means there's no real need to schedule tournaments for such long periods since people can continue to play with one another outside of those times. We can use the actual Tournament time for an actual tournament.

jpatez34

Neo Member
Just added my info to the Neogaf Spreadsheet, but if it didn't work look below:

NNiD: jamezpatez
Timezone: UK (GMT)

Looking forward to racing you guys on Friday!

J@hranimo

Banned
I think I'm going to just download this at midnight Friday. No need to buy the physical since I'd like to play it at all times! Just like MK7.

Plus the case is red. Why is it red???

Top Bottom