• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Kinsei

Banned
Is there any chance we can get Nintendo to patch in full race replay uploading into the game? As it is MKTV seems completely useless.

Holy shit been playing like 3 hours 150CC and the rubberbanding is atrocious.
The CPU always uses waluigi, peach and larry, and the majority of time tries to be infront of you.
The first race is always easy, 1st without a problem yadda yadda, but the CPU tries to put this 3 guys or any of the babies just behind you just as you touch the finish line, what that means is that the next 3 races those 3 guys are going to kill everything on the road to go after you, with magic mushrooms up their ass even with them in 2nd and 3rd places. But oh, dont fall behind becuase you inmediately will be in the middle of the pack without chance of victory being massacred by the rest of the CPUs, maybe you get a good object behind the pack you say? Not a chance, enjoy your shitty bananas and green shells going on 5th-7th place. I still havent seen (used by me I mean, ive seen the cpu using plenty of this) the star, bullet bill, lucky 8 or even golden mushroom.

And the coin is the worst piece of worthless shitty item it has ever graced mario kart. If you are first place and you get a coin you are royally fucked. This game doesnt let you have 2 objects at the same time, so every box in the circuit is valuable, you miss one, you missuse an object... you are fucked in 150CC. You will pray that the box gives you a banana peel (or any other shell) when going first place because defense in Mario Kart 8 is of major importance. If you get the trumpet, you are a lucky man.
What the CPU does is have always a character that will get a red shell when you pass every group of boxes (and that red shell will usually go after you), so you need something to defend yourself ALWAYS when in first place.
Yep, red shells are you worst enemy here, blues are not so bad now with the trumpet object and the lightning fucks everyone, but if you are hit with a red shell during the last lap, even at the beggining of that lap, you can say goodbye to the first place and probably the gold trophy.

Reminds me of the shitty F-Zero GX CPU, although in that one you could at least kill the people directly behind you in points so you could win easily.
I dont remember Mario Kart 7's rubberbanding being that bad.

That is awful. Are you able to unlock everything just playing online to skip playing with the CPU? It would be awesome if what you are saying is true. I hate rubber banding in racing games, but atleast I'm not planning to play that much offline.

Azuran

Banned
1379440649427.jpg

Clock town day 3

My weekend started tonight. I don't know how I'll be able to handle tomorrow with nothing to distract me.

Ugh.

It was 4 in the morning when I went to bed playing with my brother online last night. I´ve slept roughly 3 hours and a day of hard work is ahead.

But you know what?

iregretnothing.jpg

Collab ad in Japan, GLA Kart is free dlc to be released in summer, holding a tournament using the special kart in the Fall. On my phone, sorry.

CrisKre

Woah, I'm loving the game! After playing most of the night I feel like its a perfect blend of double dash (the tight course design, homogeneous feel and presentation and details), wii and 7. Truly polished all around. Some of the new courses are impeccably designed and are sure to be favorites in no time.

Hip Hop

Holy shit been playing like 3 hours 150CC and the rubberbanding is atrocious.
The CPU always uses waluigi, peach and larry, and the majority of time tries to be infront of you.
The first race is always easy, 1st without a problem yadda yadda, but the CPU tries to put this 3 guys or any of the babies just behind you just as you touch the finish line, what that means is that the next 3 races those 3 guys are going to kill everything on the road to go after you, with magic mushrooms up their ass even with them in 2nd and 3rd places. But oh, dont fall behind becuase you inmediately will be in the middle of the pack without chance of victory being massacred by the rest of the CPUs, maybe you get a good object behind the pack you say? Not a chance, enjoy your shitty bananas and green shells going on 5th-7th place. I still havent seen (used by me I mean, ive seen the cpu using plenty of this) the star, bullet bill, lucky 8 or even golden mushroom.

And the coin is the worst piece of worthless shitty item it has ever graced mario kart. If you are first place and you get a coin you are royally fucked. This game doesnt let you have 2 objects at the same time, so every box in the circuit is valuable, you miss one, you missuse an object... you are fucked in 150CC. You will pray that the box gives you a banana peel (or any other shell) when going first place because defense in Mario Kart 8 is of major importance. If you get the trumpet, you are a lucky man.
What the CPU does is have always a character that will get a red shell when you pass every group of boxes (and that red shell will usually go after you), so you need something to defend yourself ALWAYS when in first place.
Yep, red shells are you worst enemy here, blues are not so bad now with the trumpet object and the lightning fucks everyone, but if you are hit with a red shell during the last lap, even at the beggining of that lap, you can say goodbye to the first place and probably the gold trophy.

Reminds me of the shitty F-Zero GX CPU, although in that one you could at least kill the people directly behind you in points so you could win easily.
I dont remember Mario Kart 7's rubberbanding being that bad.

Jesus,

looks like this might be an online game only for me if it truly is that bad.

If this means there'll be other DLC support for the game the least I'm hoping for is the cut characters (or even just Diddy/Birdo/Bowser Jr./King Boo/Petey) and proper battle arenas.

AGoodODST

Stayed up far to late doing all the cups last night. Shattered in work this morning.

Is anyone having issues going online? I tried getting into a race but it kept giving me an error.

Top Bottom