• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

So you can walk into Tesco's and buy Mario Kart 8 off the shelf today?

I was in my local Tesco yesterday evening and got my copy there. They've only got a "NINTENDO" section now where 3DS/Wii U games are all in one display, but they had several copies of MK8. Grabbed a copy and paid for it with no hassle at all - was half-expecting a "ooh, that shouldn't be out yet..." from the staff.

Got home with it and immediately cancelled my Amazon pre-order - it was only a pound cheaper, and there was no sign of it arriving until Saturday at the earliest, given my experience with them previously.

Man, I don't think I can play 50cc and 100cc anymore. I have about 600 hours in Mario Kart 7 and haven't even gotten half way through 50cc. All of the unlocks are random, so there's no incentive to play Slowmo Kart anymore.

I do 100cc to practice the courses, then jump to 150cc. No need to play 50.

Griss

f76pjzn.jpg

Doing Britain proud! (Heh Australia) =P

I'm wondering what flag I'll show up as, seeing as I'm playing a Canadian bought Wii U with an ID registered to the States but I'm actually in Ireland.

Will it check my IP or will it give the country I put down for my ID/Mii. It'll suck racing under the American flag if I have to, I'm not American :(

StayDead

I'm wondering what flag I'll show up as, seeing as I'm playing a Canadian bought Wii U with an ID registered to the States but I'm actually in Ireland.

Will it check my IP or will it give the country I put down for my ID/Mii. It'll suck racing under the American flag if I have to, I'm not American :(

It's the country/region you put your Mii in.

Got a dispatch email from Nintendo's store at 8:30am this morning, they sent it via Yodel which is never good.. Estimated delivery date is on or before the 3rd of June.

wyk126

Neo Member
F..k Amazon UK as they said my order should be dispatched 2 days ago however it didn't happen

then I checked with them yesterday and they said it definitely would be shipped yesterday, the colleague before was giving wrong info, however, again! it didn't happen!

Today I checked with them so they say my order is in the process of dispatch....should I trust them??

geez...

F..k Amazon UK as they said my order should be dispatched 2 days ago however it didn't happen

then I checked with them yesterday and they said it definitely would be shipped yesterday, the colleague before was giving wrong info, however, again! it didn't happen!

Today I checked with them so they say my order is in the process of dispatch....should I trust them??

geez...
My Amazon UK order was dispatched super early this morning if that helps? It should be fine.

Got a dispatch email from Nintendo's store at 8:30am this morning, they sent it via Yodel which is never good.. Estimated delivery date is on or before the 3rd of June.

Ouch. Just got that email too. Luckily I didn't order only from Nintendo (I ordered a few different copies to get some free games)

Well the misses just called saying my Wii U Mario Kart 8 bundle has arrived!!!!

Shame im not back home untill tomorrow :( lol

Not bad though gameseek, only ordered yesterday afternoon arrived this morning :D

Got my combined eshop money cards, Premium £5 voucher and SMK discount ready to go to grab this off the eshop tonight (Well, as long as it goes up at midnight in the UK)!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4

Why would you order from the Nintendo store when you can get it £10 cheaper elsewhere?

PetrCobra

Yeah, I'm in Czech Republic and my NNID is British... hate that I can't set up my flag for each game individually*. Also, in Wii Fit all the measurements are in "feet" and "stones", can't understand shit.

*it can be done in Wii Sports Club at least

What's the MK8 prices in-store? Happy with £39.99 if Game or Grainger are doing it at that.
Going by Cosmonaut X Tesco is £40.

I imagine GAME will be £50 and Grainger might steal the Club Nintendo code.

Yeah, I'm in Czech Republic and my NNID is British... hate that I can't set up my flag for each game individually*. Also, in Wii Fit all the measurements are in "feet" and "stones", can't understand shit.
By changing the country in system settings the next account you make on the system will have an NNID for that country. Plus while signed in you can access all the games other accounts on the system have.

But the games will still be British English.

Left a note on my door telling the postie to leave it in a safe place if wont fit through the letterbox (due to my online retailers free shirt promotion.) I'm at work so wont be there to grab it. I wrote that it was an urgent delivery. This is as urgent as deliveries get.

For me, anyway.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I was in my local Tesco yesterday evening and got my copy there. They've only got a "NINTENDO" section now where 3DS/Wii U games are all in one display, but they had several copies of MK8. Grabbed a copy and paid for it with no hassle at all - was half-expecting a "ooh, that shouldn't be out yet..." from the staff.

Got home with it and immediately cancelled my Amazon pre-order - it was only a pound cheaper, and there was no sign of it arriving until Saturday at the earliest, given my experience with them previously.

Good call :)

CEX is £40 (a lot of stores do sealed copies if you ask)

Edit: Even if not sealed it'll be brand new copies being sold as preowned. Just make sure you get the club nintendo code!

Hasney

Going by Cosmonaut X Tesco is £40.

I imagine GAME will be £50 and Grainger might steal the Club Nintendo code.

If only Tesco round here stocked Nintendo. I'd imagine GAME being £50 as well, but I was shocked at their website being £40. Might have a walk around on my lunch and see if I can find anything out.

Griss

Does anyone know if you get to set an 'in game name' / file name or does your Mii name automatically get used? I want to know what I'll show up as online. Might set up a new Mii account so I can appear as my GAF username.

eXistor

I've just invited my 5 year-old niece and 7 year-old nephew over to play Mario Kart 8 all afternoon. Good times ahead.

PetrCobra

Tonight's the night, ladies and gents!!!!

I'm not doing it until tomorrow, the "free game" deal in UK has a condition of registering MK8 at 10 AM at the earliest and I'm afraid it will get registered as soon as I redeem the DL code

I've just invited my 5 year-old niece and 7 year-old nephew over to play Mario Kart 8 all afternoon. Good times ahead.

Oh man I should do this. No kids that young though, only really have teenagers "available" but one of them really loves MK7

Hasney

Game has it for £39.99. I think I'll go with them if I can't find a better deal REAL quick

Yeah, that's the best price on a digital code. Best thing is that you still get full eShop price for the Digital Deluxe thing if you have that and the codes are being emailed out instantly, so will be ready to use at midnight.

I'm not doing it until tomorrow, the "free game" deal in UK has a condition of registering MK8 at 10 AM at the earliest and I'm afraid it will get registered as soon as I redeem the DL code

Registration doesn't count until you do the survey.

I ordered from the Nintendo store for the extras, if it doesn't come today I'm just going to buy a download code off Game.

If you want an extra download, may as well do that and register the code to a new Club Nintendo account and then sell the physical one.

Chopper

Anyone in the UK received their copy from Shopto this morning? My postman isn't due for another hour or so, but I would love it if he was carrying this!

cyberheater

Game has it for £39.99. I think I'll go with them if I can't find a better deal REAL quick

I just phoned my local game and they don't have an official price for it yet.
I'm betting £49.00.

Anyone in the UK received their copy from Shopto this morning? My postman isn't due for another hour or so, but I would love it if he was carrying this!

That's precisely what I am waiting for. I'm at work so wont be able to find out until around 7pm, though that site is pretty good at delivering a day early so you should be safe. Let me know if it arrives!

Why would you order from the Nintendo store when you can get it £10 cheaper elsewhere?

If you can show me where the limited edition bundle with the keyring and t shirt was available for £10 cheaper than that would be great.

I ordered from there for the extras, I just wish they handled dispatching stuff better.

cyberheater

If you can show me where the limited edition bundle with the keyring and t shirt was available for £10 cheaper than that would be great.

I ordered from there for the extras, I just wish they handled dispatching stuff better.

Fair enough. I hope you get your stuff soon. Is there a tracking number?

PetrCobra

By changing the country in system settings the next account you make on the system will have an NNID for that country. Plus while signed in you can access all the games other accounts on the system have.

But the games will still be British English.

I don't mind British English, I bet my English looks weird as hell to a native speaker but that's because it's not my 1st language, and I learned it from lots of different sources :)

And yeah, I actually considered what you're saying but the lazy part of me always said "no, let's wait until they fix it". I'll definitely do it just to see what gets broken and what gets fixed though. Thanks.

I just phoned my local game and they don't have an official price for it yet.
I'm betting £49.00.

Yeah, sorry, I meant game.co.uk

Registration doesn't count until you do the survey.

Didn't know this. Cheers!

Zafir

Same. Better not bloody come in June the 3rd. I'm away for 10 days from the 1st, so no one will be there to collect it. :|
Fair enough. I hope you get your stuff soon. Is there a tracking number?
There's a tracking number yeah. I'd phone yodel up but I'm at work and they're notoriously hard to contact.

Tiamant

I can't be the one that remains a few minutes on the start menu listening to the main theme, right?

It's the ZOE2 effect all over again!

Top Bottom