• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

JJD

Game is not up on the canadian eshop right? Anyone knows if it is going to be available to download at mid night?

Ulysses 31

This is NoA...They only gave us 4 bonus games lol.

Now would be a good time for NOA to be generous and put it up a couple hours early like their Japanese counterparts did!

reggie-deal-with-it-jpg.107743

So, with the tournaments over the last day having gone so smoothly, I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a 16 race tournament (a la the All Cup Tour in Double Dash). It would just be every new course in order, standard rules in 150cc.

To give everyone time to test the game out, I was thinking like 6:00 PST tomorrow. Would anyone be interested? I'll just take the first 12 people who want to join (though I don't expect it to fill up). If this goes well, we could do a retro all cup tournament as well.

Let me know if you want in! I'm also down to change the time if this doesn't work for most people.

Just spent the last hour and a bit playing the game online with my brother in 2 player split screen.

Such a smooth and fun online experience. We had one random disconnect in the lobby but were back in another game within 10 seconds. It is very pretty in 2 player and just a lot of fun in general. Track design is crazier than I expected, I'm looking forward to putting in some more time and also playing 4 players this weekend.

Looks like you can only play 2 players online from a single console. I'm a little surprised at that since Sonic Transformed allowed more, but I can live with it.

Just spent the last hour and a bit playing the game online with my brother in 2 player split screen.

Such a smooth and fun online experience. We had one random disconnect in the lobby but were back in another game within 10 seconds. It is very pretty in 2 player and just a lot of fun in general. Track design is crazier than I expected, I'm looking forward to putting in some more time and also playing 4 players this weekend.

Looks like you can only play 2 players online from a single console. I'm a little surprised at that since Sonic Transformed allowed more, but I can live with it.

I think they limited it to two players so that it could stay 60fps for all racers online. If they let more than 2 in they'd have to cut the local framerate to 30fps and I'm not sure how well it would work having a client running at 30fps while the rest of the players are running at 60fps.

It finally forced my hand, I know I won't be alone. We just need Nintendo to push on at E3 now and the system could be ok!
They've had a great start with the Smash Tournament. I don't think the Wii U will ever be a runaway success, but I imagine this year will see a big boost in sales.

Ecto311

Googled and found very little. Can you do 2 player on the game pad controller and say sit together in another room or lay in bed and play this with someone else if they have another controller?

Eiolon

God damn, Im jealous of everyone who will have this game tomorrow. Gonna wait till E3 before deciding on when to get a Wii U, seeing if theres a possible price drop coming soon, though doubt it.

I would highly doubt it if they are releasing a new bundle that costs MORE than the Mario Deluxe bundle.

ZombieLPK

Love the tracks in this, three starred all 50cc cups today, and I can't really say right now that there was a single track I didn't like. So much work was put into the retro tracks as well, some of them feel completely new. Item balance seems really good here as well, haven't tried online yet but being in first has struck the balance between good and bad well. You still feel it could be taken away from you at any point, but it's not like MKWii was where you felt at a disadvantage being first due to the blue shell spam.

The only disappointment so far since playing (I went in knowing the roster was missing some characters I liked and that battle mode was changed), is Music Park. Something about it feels a little less graphically polished than the other tracks.

On retro tracks though, they are great. With maybe the exception of the 3DS tracks, I have to constantly remind myself that they are re-made and not just brand new tracks; that's how fresh they feel to me both visually and mechanically.

naib

Okay, I need help. I know my 3ds is linked to my Club Nintendo account 'cause it shows my purchases. I'm pretty sure I just linked my Wii U, but it's not showing purchases the same way yet. But I can rate the titles I've bought digitally on Wii U.
Am I done?

I just don't want to fuck up my free game. Trying to verify I've registered everything correctly before I buy MK8. Any way to easily verify I'm set to pop?
I want Wind Waker, bad.

Googled and found very little. Can you do 2 player on the game pad controller and say sit together in another room or lay in bed and play this with someone else if they have another controller?

No. Everyone uses the TV.

Actually yes. The gamepad can show the same split screen image as the TV. If you were in another room the player with a second controller could play by looking at the gamepad screen. Although I don't imagine that being easy or comfortable for either player.

Actually yes. The gamepad can show the same split screen image as the TV. If you were in another room the player with a second controller could play by looking at the gamepad screen. Although I don't imagine that being easy or comfortable for either player.

Oh, I misread the question.

I'm confused about the timezones. Is the game supposed to be up on the eShop in 40 minutes?

1hr 40

What is with the coins? Why do I hear people during videos complain about holding coins, and getting coins? Whats up?

When you're in 1st place, the majority of the items you get are coins. They have some uses (unlocking parts, speed boost when holding the max.), but if you already have 10 of them, they're not very useful.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What is with the coins? Why do I hear people during videos complain about holding coins, and getting coins? Whats up?

Coins are littered around the track, max out at 10 and raise your speed. They added an item that is just a single coin you give yourself, and due to the way items work now(can't pick up another while dragging one) it leaves you completely defenseless.

Top Bottom