• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Since i've still got half day till i can get it at retail, i was reading the MK8 wiki and checking out the driver/parts stats.

Since some have the same ratings there's 7 unique character classes, 5 body classes, 7 wheel classes and 2 glider classes, for a total of 490 possible stat combinations. Some combinations are bound to end up matching others so the amount of unique combinations is a bit less.

Am i the only one who wishes it was simpler, like the earlier MK's? I don't really like half the designs - i want to drive the regular kart or the circuit special with slicks cause i like that design the most. I hate ending up in some stupid looking flower car with wheel designs that make no sense!

It's true in the originals that characters were unique and so if you wanted the best times you had to choose a certain one... but with so many combinations in the newer games, i think it's basically impossible to determine which is the best combo, and that's not even taking into account that different combos are going to be better suited to different courses as well.

It would please me greatly if they had one final unlock of a maxxed out vehicle and character that runs its own leaderboards for equal-ground time trialling.

Skelter

Banned
I'll play 1 fucking race, then go to sleep 3 hours and go to work...

Ha, sure you will. I already decided to ignore sleep.

iQQ7LHmkdgWbM.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'll be at work all day, how long does GameStop hold pre-orders? Probably can't got out till Saturday...

Hope this game isn't as sparse as some of Nintendo's recent games. Haven't been able to find anything lately without resorting to Digital, last solid Wii U game I got was Pikmin 3.

zulux21

just a heads up in case someone is in here looking at reactions and wants the game... the game is currently $50 on frys.com with free shipping. (free shipping will take about a week to show up or you could price match at best buy or target)

balgajo

Gaffers, please help me.
The first one answer and I will choose the game. I can't choose by myself.

Pikmin 3 or New Super Mario Bros U?

EulaCapra

Added myself to the spreadsheet. Hot damn that's a lot of people... Feel free to add! PM or whatever, I keep mixing up how Wii U/3DS adds friends. :D

I can't believe how much they nerfed the blue shell and falling off the track. People are going to really love this and it's going to make races much more competitive as almost everyone will be in the race no matter what.

robo

Nippers ninty bundle is due at midday. Then set up and installation, so ready to go by Sunday then!

Think he's rather excited though.

Jaruru

holy. the 1st track in Star cup, Mario Galaxy stage? looks stunning.

imagine how a Mario Galaxy title would look like on Wii U :O :O :O

BM8

Neo Member
Gaffers, please help me.
The first one answer and I will choose the game. I can't choose by myself.

Pikmin 3 or New Super Mario Bros U?

Not only is it a great game, Pikmin 3 is the best single player gamepad experience(ive only played zombie U demo), from what I can tell. It really gives you an idea of what the Wii U is capable of, and what kind of new experiences it can offer with the gamepad.

They just updated it with the option to control the game via stylus, and it works really well. It just feels really complete, and a game meant for the gamepad.

frogg609

Managed to get this tonight.

Loving it so far. Feels familiar yet new. The AI seems way more aggressive than it used to be though. Or I'm just out of practice.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Question.

How difficult technically would it be to add in race voice chat into the game with a patch?

If the game is as enjoyable as people are saying we should put pressure on Nintendo to make it as good as possible.

Since there is already lobby chat, they are not too worried about safety. It could be a lobby only feature. Friends only. Parental controls disabled only.

Trash talk during races would be hilarious ...

Top Bottom