• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

I can't believe how much they nerfed the blue shell and falling off the track. People are going to really love this and it's going to make races much more competitive as almost everyone will be in the race no matter what.
This means that my W/L ratio against you will be even better, right? :3

guys... it's... it's... incredible.

best mario kart ever.

looks stunning. item ratios are perfect. challenging 150 cc.. perfect. multiplayer is nice and smooth.

:') so happy

Tirod

I'm kicking so much ass as Rosalina on the Sport Bike online.

I can't stop...need to pump up my VR as much as I can.

The airport when the plane flies toward you, good scenery.

Couple random shots:

EURoZdU.jpg

zychi

Banned
It's pretty in HD, but so far this is my least favorite Mario Kart. The steering sucks with the pro controller. Hopefully they patch that Gamecube usb to work with this.

Phloxy

Some of the fastest snappiest online racing since Project Gotham Racing 2. So quick to just get to the next race. Amazing.

All these baby characters and no baby Yoshi...

Playing online is pretty seamless. The controls feel different from 7 and I'll need to adjust. That or I just need to find the right body/wheel combo.

Can't wait to pick this game up. Though I was given VIP passes to the local amusement park (no lines at Six Flags FTW) for tomorrow, and I work a double the next day. Looks like I won't be getting my Mario Kart fix until Sunday. Meh, I'm cool with it :)

Hope everyone is having a blast.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Will be playing local co-op with a fellow gaffer tonight, and I have a question or two:

Can I play with my mk8 profile on his Wii U?

Can we play 2-player online against you guys?

atr0cious

Someone was asking earlier, but yes it's possible to use the gamepad as the screen and use other controllers to play. Girlfriend and I just did the GP to try it out, but it's really hard to make out tracks and turns, especially the antigrav sections, so unless you like frustration, wait til you're familiar with the tracks first.

Initial impressions: Wow, so much harder than any other Mario Kart since Double Dash, which is a good thing. Was trying motion controls, as I never used them in Wii, and I kept having issues turning, but I'm sure that's just me, since some record holders are using the wheel. Can't wait for this weekend.

Recall

So how exactly do you get your free game from an eShop purchase?

All the website keeps telling me to do is enter a product registration code

JayEH

I didn't get a text message from Gamestop saying I can pick up my game in the morning... weird. I may have to download it from the eShop.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Do you need to play the 50ccs to unlock anything, or can I go straight to 100/150?

Shun

Sooo good. Rosalina was my first unlock.

Thing that frustrates me is that even though blue shells fuck you over less, you still get fucked over by last minute lightning bolts, triple red shells, etc.

Rubberbanding can be bad sometimes but god damn this game is good.

Holding L when you don't have an item honks the horn too!

Top Bottom