• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You can go straight to the higher ones if you want. Getting a gold in 150cc also gets you the gold in the same cup for 100cc and 50cc at the same time.

Oh sheet, vast improvement over mk7

B00TE

Holding L when you don't have an item honks the horn too!

Also works in split screen when you finish before a friend does and they get to hear a cacophony of honks until they finish or the race ends. Need to try and see if it works online, it'd be silly.

feels good man just had a photo finish to take first place after losing the last race in 4th place

uploading that one too

this share thing is Spoiling me :D

Reknoc

Well okay wasn't happy when nintendos dispatch said delivery on or before 3rd June, but they sent out an apology email saying its defffos next day and I felt better. Then I check my emails and see a yodel tracking email so there goes all hope of seeing it today.

Might be desperate enough to pop down to grainger on my lunch and buy a copy from there >.>

coldone

It's really just an 87 though, because one point gets repeated in every fourth review

It is such a simple thing .. they missed it badly. What used to be a great bumper car fight now has become a search and rescue mission. Especially on narrow tracks, there is no easy to way turn around quickly. It is a big waste of time going in circles ..

I really hope Nintendo will release a DLC for balloon fight to limit the track length. It should not take more than few hours for nintendo to add an option on the length of the track. Full, Barricade on both sides with 100m or 200m length etc.

Fixing it should be easy. I would love Nintendo to provide a patch and hopefully reviewers will fix/improve the scores after the patch.

I'm never buying a game at midnight at Walmart ever again... Had to go to three different stores.

But the game is awesome! Turns out I'm pretty rusty at Mario Kart. The first time I played Rainbow Road was online and it was such a rush. I finished 4th of 12 and I felt like I won the race. I'll add a few of you guys in the morning. But for now I sleep.

kidko

Played mushroom and shell. Shy guy kinda sucked but my main wario was good as ever. Anyone notice wario sounds like peter griffon when he hits an arrow booster?

I almost had to lie in the road to get the delivery man to stop because he couldn't find our house.
But it's here now and I'm going to play it all day *
YoT4CBG.jpg

* I'm going to work. I'm not going to play it until tonight at the earliest :(

zychi

Banned
Unlocked all the courses, 150cc is just a clusterfuck of luck. I lost twice less than a meter from the finish line because of the stupid "bump" animations.

Green shells are the new blue shells. Im convinced they just randomly snipe you if you go too fast.

Some of the tracks arent wide enough on turns and the ai will bump you off the track

I do like lakutas quicker animation now.
The game is fun, but the handling isnt as good as mk7. I want to play this with a gamecube controller so badly.

Jeez, I spent so much time looking at replays I feel like I've accomplished nothing in the two and a half hours I've played... well nothing but fun ;)

3-starred 50cc but I'm going to have a busy day tomorrow (today?) unlocking stuff at this rate.

I was so close to placing first on Mount Wario in 150cc, was on the final stretch and then got assaulted by 4 shells in quick succession and ended up in 8th.. Ended up with silver AGAIN.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE

THANKS, OBAMA

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Won my 3 first races :) Everything feels so good, starting with the gameplay: it feels like a racing game again, something that was lost on Wii and 3DS versions.

Bravo Nintendo for this instant classic, you just know after a lap this will be played for years!

God, this game is so fucking gorgeous.

I'm still getting used to the controls, they aren't as forgiving as MK7's. Neither is the game in general. Skill definitely plays the main role here, you aren't gonna get great items that often.

Mendrox

Love the game how it looks and plays (drifting is very easy in this game and also everyone online is not good... will see some good players in the GAF Tournament I guess)

But I think the game lacks content... so more DLC to come? Would explain giving a game away for free so that people dont flame about the content.

Roo

Unlocked all the courses, 150cc is just a clusterfuck of luck. I lost twice less than a meter from the finish line because of the stupid "bump" animations.

Green shells are the new blue shells. Im convinced they just randomly snipe you if you go too fast.

Some of the tracks arent wide enough on turns and the ai will bump you off the track

I do like lakutas quicker animation now.
The game is fun, but the handling isnt as good as mk7. I want to play this with a gamecube controller so badly.
I laughed way too hard and I don't even know why.

Robin64

But I think the game lacks content... so more DLC to come? Would explain giving a game away for free so that people dont flame about the content.

Does it though? I mean, compared to 7, it has the same amount of tracks and 14 more drivers, as well as MKTV and a more robust online mode.

Though I would still like to see DLC. The cup select screen clearly has space to fit exactly four more on there.

Skill plays the main role you say?

lol.

Relative to other entries in the series, yes. In MK7 and Wii I could always count on getting triple red shells or triple mushroom if I was lagging behind. In the races I just recently played, that doesn't really happen much at all. The addition of the coin item and a new skill shot item (Boomerang) also helps balance things out.

Firo

Went to the local Walmart here in Las Vegas and some in front of me showed them that Fry's was selling it for 49.99 and the cashier said they had to match so I got it for 49.99!

Relative to other entries in the series, yes. In MK7 and Wii I could always count on getting triple red shells or triple mushroom if I was lagging behind. In the races I just recently played, that doesn't really happen much at all. The addition of the coin item and a new skill shot item (Boomerang) also helps balance things out.
Absolutely, the entire game feels more like a race in general. You can't really rely on items the same way as earlier versions.

This game man, THIS GAME!
The courses have been amazing so far, and the mechanics feel so good! The game is also crazy gorgeous. I've been playing online non-stop, and I' really digging it!
Btw how do you get those stars under the trophies in Grand Prix and how do I get them????

Top Bottom