• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Hey guys, I need Wii U friends to play with badly, and I figured this thread was the best place to find em. My NNID is Fireblend :) I've never actually added anyone, is that all someone would need to add me?

I can't wait to get home and see my stats :D

I know my win/loss ratio is going to be upside down though D:

Why am I not seeing more impressions on the changes?

Revven

With these new changes, gaining VR is more difficult.

Added you Fireblend.

Hmmm? What changed that makes VR harder?

Edit: Nevermind, I read up on what else has changed. So... they raised total VR to 99999... I suppose I can see how that will make things harder.

ohlawd

stats say I've used tilt controls 100 times. seems really low lol.

nothing's changed, right? same code for vanilla and frantic lobbies?

Exentryk

Previously, you wouldn't lose any points if you were 6 or above in a 12 player room. Now, even at 4th you're losing points. And the negative numbers are quite severe, in comparison to how much you're gaining even in first.

DooD1234

Previously, you wouldn't lose any points if you were 6 or above in a 12 player room. Now, even at 4th you're losing points. And the negative numbers are quite severe, in comparison to how much you're gaining even in first.
Oh wow, that going to make the climb to 99999 VR even more painful.

SM239

So VR is more difficult to gain now. And right when I have time to get back into the game. Oh well, the grind starts this afternoon.

Edit: Is frantic the norm around here now?

Azuran

Banned
What? They raised VR to 99999 and they made it harder?

Damn, I finally reached 3000 last night and now it feels like nothing. Oh well, even more of a reason not to suck online.

DaBoss

After a couple of races...

- Netcode is still shit (false hits everywhere, some people rubberbanding)
- Item wheel taking forever glitch is still in (occurs more frequently now)
- Red shells are still dumb

EDIT: LMAO, apparently the leave before you vote comm error glitch is back...
- Regional Matchmaking is terrible still

DooD1234

I just realize when Link is released, everyone will be Link just like everyone is Rosalina right now. I will be one of them lol.

I have work so I didn't test anything out properly but what are the interesting sets with these new mercedes karts? Real interested in trying them out, would give me some variety from the Gold Standard/Sports Coupe stuff I've been using.

DaBoss

Can we ask a mod to move the thread temporarily to Gaming side for like a week or 2?

And change the subtitle to "Update Available" or something?

Mlatador

Banned
Can we ask a mod to move the thread temporarily to Gaming side for like a week or 2?

And change the subtitle to "Update Available" or something?

That would be great. We need more people for KartGAF (especially from different time zones). Frantic is empty right now.

Mlatador

Banned
I'm playing in some random frantic room right now, and damn, it's fun! Feels like the MK7 balancing somehow.

There are international people in the room and the connection is stable. Haven't noticed any unregistered hits yet. I think something has improved.

EDIT: nope, just encountered one. Well...:D

Azuran

Banned
zlCfzSX1M78fMmkaby

Huh, it's actually better than I expected. My WW domination makes up for sucking in GAF rooms.

Azure J

DLC downloaded and packs paid for. I'm back baby!

Oh, and here are my stats:

How is everyone getting their browser shots uploaded? Navigating minus.com on the game pad is a mess and the upload button is borked, imgur leaves my image in a "Pending" loop and every other suggestion either plain doesn't work because there's a flash element to it or wants a new subscription/account.

How is everyone getting their browser shots uploaded? Navigating minus.com on the game pad is a mess and the upload button is borked, imgur leaves my image in a "Pending" loop and every other suggestion either plain doesn't work because there's a flash element to it or wants a new subscription/account.
My guess is using the screenshot feature on Miiverse.

Edit: Or not? lmao

ffdgh

The upload button on minus works. just hold it for about 2 seconds.

Azure J

The upload button on minus works. just hold it for about 2 seconds.

Wait, seriously?

*tries it*

...well fuck. :lol

No way in hell is Mario Kart Stadium my favorite course. It's either Cloudtop Cruise, one of the two Rainbow Roads or Grumble Volcano for the hype/frustrating endings whenever Donkey Kong players are involved and I'm front running. :lol

Roo

Sadly, the favorite track stat is broken due to the course selection screen. I mean, everyone in here knows my favorite track is Grumble Volcano, however, according to the game, my favorite track is Royal Raceway.

If you're given 3 options to vote, you obviously are going to pick the one that sucks less/you like the most.
In my case from 30 races I play.. 16 of them have Royal Raceway up for voting while Grumble Volcano only shows up 2 or 3 times at most if I'm lucky.

Azure J

First two matches that I play after coming back from a month long hiatus:

- Lose on Rainbow Road 64 because my Gamepad dropped signal to the Wii U and gave me the black screen of "get closer pls"

- Front run an entire match on Mario Circuit with three banana peels surrounding me. On the beginning of the third lap, a green shell takes one of them down setting up for "Tom" to get miraculous second place red shells at the last bend and fire them one by one. The first banana peel does its job and stops the first shell, but then I go into the air off the glider ramp, the second one bypasses the last banana I have and smashes into me causing me to spin out. Then as if Tom aleady wasn't going to win, he throws the last one at me while I'm stuck in place "just cuz."

Mario. Kart. 8. ™.

I love frantic races with only two people in it.

Porcile

First two matches that I play after coming back from a month long hiatus:

- Lose on Rainbow Road 64 because my Gamepad dropped signal to the Wii U and gave me the black screen of "get closer pls"

- Front run an entire match on Mario Circuit with three banana peels surrounding me. On the beginning of the third lap, a green shell takes one of them down setting up for "Tom" to get miraculous second place red shells at the last bend and fire them one by one. The first banana peel does its job and stops the first shell, but then I go into the air off the glider ramp, the second one bypasses the last banana I have and smashes into me causing me to spin out. Then as if Tom aleady wasn't going to win, he throws the last one at me while I'm stuck in place "just cuz."

Mario. Kart. 8. ™.

I love frantic races with only two people in it.

Haha. You were racing against me. I thought I looked pretty pimpin' in my Merc and gold wheels. The two
lucky
wins were the icing on the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom