• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enforced

My stats
zlCfzSX2gLIVZfGoCt
I hate you guys. :(

ohlawd

here are mine

ikJ6EFFdi5JiL.jpg

i7sTwtfOu6rlj.jpg

Not surprised at the WL ratio given how I approach races when getting hit at the first set of boxes; quit trying when I get hit, pray I stay in front when I don't.

Dr Prob

Banned
Had an extended brainfart there, Azure. My bad. Just felt so good to be playing again, couldn't control the exuberance!

Anyway, stats:

Y04xu5Y.jpg

Yes, I beast in Battle Mode.

It's based on the number of players that finish ahead or behind you, I think. So if you come 3rd, it'll be 2 losses and 9 wins.

Edit: Oh great. Bottom of the page.
That makes sense; it matches with the way you increase your race rating.

EDIT:
Bullshit. BULL SHIT.
Yeah. It'd be nice if it kept track of the courses we voted for regardless of whether or not our choice was selected. Otherwise, it should be changed to "track with most time played."

Azure J

Could be worse...could be Turdpike

My N64 nostalgia really made me "like" that course more than I should have in the beginning. It really needed to be more narrow.

This reminds me that I should do another course tier list before DLC hits.

Edit: Why Why Desert is a contender with it for worst.

First for most of the Rainbow Road race, a blue shell gets me, and then every single person hit me with an item as they passed. Came in last. Steadily blocked by every single person having a shield item on Dolphin Shoals. Came in last.

Yep, still Mario Kart.

Pachimari

The DLC announcement just made me go out and buy Mario Kart 8.

And it's my first Mario Kart on a home console(!).

I have previously owned Mario Kart: Super Circuit on GBA and Mario Kart 7 for a few months on 3DS.

Anyone mind to add me as a friend? I have no Wii U friends sadly.

DaBoss

Fucking green shell.

I don't know how to boost start, it feels like they changed the timing. Or they now actually punish you for pressing the button before you're supposed to.

Revven

The DLC announcement just made me go out and buy Mario Kart 8.

And it's my first Mario Kart on a home console(!).

I have previously owned Mario Kart: Super Circuit on GBA and Mario Kart 7 for a few months on 3DS.

Anyone mind to add me as a friend? I have no Wii U friends sadly.

You should unlock everything first and then play in the GAF lobbies.

Switching karts, trying out the mini-van next.

DaBoss

Hooray, item dragging...

EDIT: I miss the level of control you had over your kart like in MK7. When you get the star in MK8, you get that level of control.

Oh my god Azuran, that final stretch was probably the most intense thing I've seen in Mario Kart. Green Shells hitting each other, multiple slipstreams, a blue shell locking onto you when you briefly held 1st for like 3 seconds...

I'll be back in a bit, gotta take care of some things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom