• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

DooD1234

Well, GG guys. Imma leave on good terms before my sodium level raise too high.

Good night Roo, Burning, and Exen.

If you want, I can play some more with you guys for the rest of the week until smash launch. I want to play this as much as I can before smash is out and I'll just forget about this game until DLC

Roo

Well, GG guys. Imma leave on good terms before my sodium level raise too high.

Good night Roo, Burning, and Exen.

If you want, I can play some more with you guys for the rest of the week until smash launch. I want to play this as much as I can before smash is out and I'll just forget about this game until DLC

What Smash are you waiting for? Wii U or 3DS?
Cuz I'm only getting the Wii U version.

DooD1234

Comm error

I see. Well, in that case, see you in November :p
Sure, imma be training using a Luigi CPU and enjoy beating other Luigi players online so that when that day comes when we face off, I will make you pay for all those 1st place you keep getting in Mario Kart. Oh and no fun allowed either lol. In fact, already put in 24 hours worth of smash demo on 3ds which is more than I should have put for any demo.

Yes, you are making my salt level reach critical mass thank you very much.

Roo

Sure, imma be training using a Luigi CPU and enjoy beating other Luigi players online so that when that day comes when we face off, I will make you pay for all those 1st place you keep getting in Mario Kart. Oh and no fun allowed either lol. In fact, already put in 24 hours worth of smash demo on 3ds which is more than I should have put for any demo.

Yes, you are making my salt level reach critical mass thank you very much.
*makes sure to delete Dood from friend list due to possible meltdowns once Smash is available*

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Dat desperate move, Justice lol

Sadly, there wasn't much I could do. :(

EDIT: What is it with this game and handing out blues right after I use my mushroom? lol

EDIT 2: First time I've ever gone out of bounds in the underwater section of Piranha Plant Slide. Damn Golden Mushroom made me completely lose control.

Seeing this thread kills me. As I posted a couple weeks ago, my housemate's dog destroyed both my Gamepad and Pro controller. I am fiendin on some Mario Kart now more than ever

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Me frantically mashing ZL when I'm about to get hit by a blue shell:

mushroomimsxz.gif

I think this may very well be the luckiest I've ever been in a Mario Kart game. The timing of that Mushroom was absolutely impeccable--dodged the shell without even trying!

Roo

Me frantically mashing ZL when I'm about to get hit by a blue shell:

mushroomimsxz.gif

I think this may very well be the luckiest I've ever been in a Mario Kart game. The timing of that Mushroom was absolutely impeccable--dodged the shell without even trying!
lol
When Exentryk threw that blue shell I thought I had first place in my pocket
but I didn't see your icon spin in the map and I was like.. Wait what? How?
Then I got a useless item in the last set of boxes and got second :V

DooD1234

lol
When Exentryk threw that blue shell I thought I had first place in my pocket
but I didn't see your icon spin in the map and I was like.. Wait what? How?
Then I got a useless item in the last set of boxes and got second :V
At least you had second. I think I was last for that race. Kept giving me triple greens with no one in sight /grumble

Roo

At least you had second. I think I was last for that race. Kept giving me triple greens with no one in sight /grumble

Yeah, items in small rooms tend to be even more broken than what they normally are.
I mean, there was a race in Thwomp Ruins where I was dead last and what did I get? a horn! a fucking horn!
You guys completely abandoned me there lol

DooD1234

Yeah, items in small rooms tend to be even more broken than what they normally are.
I mean, there was a race in Thwomp Ruins where I was dead last and what did I get? a horn! a fucking horn!
You guys completely abandoned me there lol
Yeah, like how you like to stay behind and nail me with triple reds at the end of the race when it comes to 1v1 races lol. Triple reds need some kind of nerfing.

DooD1234

agyzuv.png

Hey guys! Voice Chat for Smash is still something I'm super excited to get going.

So, Devo and I would love to do a test run beforehand just to make sure the server and all of the setting we have are up to snuff. We were thinking of getting as many GAFers as we can to test it out this Friday (though the date may change) by jumping on Mario Kart 8 and seeing how everything holds up. If you're available to to do this, please let me know! In addition to helping get things ready, playing Mario Kart with SmashGAF should prove to be quite fun. It would most likely be around 7:00-7:30 PM PST, but still let me know what times work best for you so that we can change it if necessary.

As I mentioned before, servers for voice chat won't be available until a week after launch the US launch. "But Oric," you cry with worrisome tones, "what if I want quick communication options before then?" Well lucky for you, there's a great text based IRC chat already in place for this thread. I encourage people to use this if they have no interest in using voice chat or when playing with people who can't/don't want to speak online. We won't have text features on our TeamSpeak server, so this'll be the place to go for that. Here's the info for that:

Server: irc.rizon.net
Channel: #SmashGAF
Mibbit Link to Chat

Anyway, let me know if you can help this Friday. Looking forward to when we have everything rolling!

Just letting This place know the Smash group will be using Mario Kart 8 to test their server for voice chat. We should let Oric know to come race in our Frantic tournament. That will really get people yelling into their mic lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom