• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baleoce

Came third in the Saturday tournament at egx london. Came first every race in the heats, but I was having a horrid time in the final. A lot of it my own doing, which is something to reflect on. Probably lucky to make third. Still Happy with an eshop voucher :) that trophy though. Back to the grind xD

Enforced

Came third in the Saturday tournament at egx london. Came first every race in the heats, but I was having a horrid time in the final. A lot of it my own doing, which is something to reflect on. Probably lucky to make third. Still Happy with an eshop voucher :) that trophy though. Back to the grind xD
Congrats! :)

That's awesome. Well played.

Roo

Watching the B Dasher trailer, I noticed the kart has a severe case of clipping when using the Piranha Plant item

ibuj86JjQTejdL.png

I really hope it's early footage (similar to the missing underwater propeller in Luigi's kart in the Koopalings trailer) and they fix it in the final product because it's going to bother the crap out of me if it stays.
A game so polished and they miss such an obvious problem.. No, I refuse to believe they didn't notice

Koodo

Banned
They really need to add lobbies with the next round of DLC. I could not find an active room last time I tried to play

DooD1234

Watching the B Dasher trailer, I noticed the kart has a severe case of clipping when using the Piranha Plant item

ibuj86JjQTejdL.png

I really hope it's early footage (similar to the missing underwater propeller in Luigi's kart in the Koopalings trailer) and they fix it in the final product because it's going to bother the crap out of me if it stays.
A game so polished and they miss such an obvious problem.. No, I refuse to believe they didn't notice
But wouldn't fixing the clipping would give the piranha plant some extended range considering how long the b dasher is? Also I wouldn't have noticed playing unless I'm watching a replay or spectating.

Roo

But wouldn't fixing the clipping would give the piranha plant some extended range considering how long the b dasher is? Also I wouldn't have noticed playing unless I'm watching a replay or spectating.

I didn't consider that. Interesting. I don't think it would be a drastic change but you have a valid point. Oh well.. wish it weren't so obvious tho :/

How many times you got Mario Karted? (It means getting fucked by items repeatedly and not moving until pretty much you lost the race.)

I got abused a lot by the CPU but still end up pulling through.

#toohotforcomphacks

I didn't really give it a fair shake at all. Game reminds me of university, miss those days ; _;

Roo

Not sure if you guys have seen this video but it looks like the "forest" track turned out to be a tree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VKowWpXD0g&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ

If what André and the other guys said is true, I guess this will be the first track with anti-gravity right off the bat. Pretty neat.

I'm actually impressed that people spend so much time analyzing every pixel of a small pic.
If it weren't because of this video, I would never have noticed there were Shy Guys and Toads on those branches lol

ffdgh

Not sure if you guys have seen this video but it looks like the "forest" track turned out to be a tree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VKowWpXD0g&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ

If what André and the other guys said is true, I guess this will be the first track with anti-gravity right off the bat. Pretty neat.

I'm actually impressed that people spend so much time analyzing every pixel of a small pic.
If it weren't because of this video, I would never have noticed there were Shy Guys and Toads on those branches lol

Wow I didn't even notice that. Dang it may is so far away...

Dereck

Before I couldn't get 1st place in any of the Mirror Matches. I decided to get back into the grind yesterday and ended up getting 1st place in three cups on the first try. I guess that's what playing with GAF does to your skill level.

Exentryk

Before I couldn't get 1st place in any of the Mirror Matches. I decided to get back into the grind yesterday and ended up getting 1st place in three cups on the first try. I guess that's what playing with GAF does to your skill level.

Hehe! Nice one!

Roo

Need to DLC to bring some GAF crowd back.
The tracks will make or break the deal imo
If they end up being underwhelming tracks then I don't see this game going back to its former glory and with Wario's Gold Mine already confirmed, I'm not holding my breath..

DooD1234

When the DLC coming again? November? If the Smash Wii U date is actually at November 21 like some retailers are listing, I think Gaf might be busy with Smash unless the DLC comes sooner. I'll be on and off occasionally though.

Porcile

I'd play with you chaps and chappettes, but you're never playing when I am later in the evening here in the UK! I end up playing people in worldwide instead :(

Roo

When the DLC coming again? November? If the Smash Wii U date is actually at November 21 like some retailers are listing, I think Gaf might be busy with Smash unless the DLC comes sooner. I'll be on and off occasionally though.
I think they will release the DLC a week or two before Smash. Close or after launch will be suicide. Not even Nintendo is that stupid to release both at the same time, right?

... Right? D:

HUELEN10

I need some practice with this ATV lol
Edit: haha Huelen, nothing but boomerangs :p
I know, and on Royal racing you were in first, got ALL THE SHELLS, and all I had was bananas!

Seriously, the item distribution in this game is fucked. 7's was better, I get shit like red shells in second, and banasa in 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom