• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

I know, and on Royal racing you were in first, got ALL THE SHELLS, and all I had was bananas!

Seriously, the item distribution in this game is fucked. 7's was better, I get shit like red shells in second, and banasa in 8th.
Tell me about it.
I mean, a lightning Ina 3 people room? lol
That's my only complain about the game. The item distribution... That and probably the piss poor AI.

Roo

You were too far ahead, but you were close to the finish line and you seemed to stop moving.
Oh that. Yeah, I had a fair lead on that race but one of you threw two red shells at me so I tried to avoid them going over the left gear next to the finish line. One of them hit me but I landed too close of the edge so I fell.

Enforced

My battery is running low. So im done for now. Also I can't wait to share the banana bounce on the banner and snipe roo near the finish line.

shaki123

I entered the tournament's code from post #1 in the game and I am participating in it, but I am the only registered player for the tourney. Did I miss something or is nobody playing this game?

Roo

I entered the tournament's code from post #1 in the game and I am participating in it, but I am the only registered player for the tourney. Did I miss something or is nobody playing this game?
Did you enter the normal or frantic tournament code? We don't play in the normal tournament anymore. We moved to the frantic one but there's no one around at the moment.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
123663iC6D28291B09F44DE

goddamn I miss you guys, even if I hated you all

Roo

Why the move to just Frantic though?

Basically it was only because of item distribution. The same thing you and I were talking about last night.
Back then when the GAF community was still healthy and going we played nothing but normal GAF (except for the few time we wanted something more chaotic) but getting nothing but coins, coins, coins, coins coins, banana, green shell, occasional lightning/bullet bill and coins coins coins coins got really frustrating.

GAF community always has been very competitive but the constant shit the game pulled (nothing but coins for first place, etc) pushed people away.

Then we tried frantic on a regular basis and we noticed that items seemed more fairly distributed. You actually could defend yourself, you could get powerful items instead of a stupid green shell in 11th place so we eventually moved to frantic permanently.

The game still had its troll moments, of course (like last night wih those boomerangs and red shells in such a small room) just like a normal WW race but at the end it seemed more "fair" for everyone.

Omnicent

after playing destiny and then Hyrule Warriors, it's good to do some racing every now and then (at least till FFXIV:ARR 2.4 then its back there for NIN)

shaki123

Did you enter the normal or frantic tournament code? We don't play in the normal tournament anymore. We moved to the frantic one but there's no one around at the moment.

Like I said in my post, I have entered both tournaments but there is nobody even competing in them or scoring points. It seems I am the only member to have entered the tournament. I really want to rock and roll with you guys, so please help me out. What is going on?

Roo

Like I said in my post, I have entered both tournaments but there is nobody even competing in them or scoring points. It seems I am the only member to have entered the tournament. I really want to rock and roll with you guys, so please help me out. What is going on?

To be fair, you said "the tournament's code" not "both tournament codes" so..
As for wanting to "rock and roll" with us, I think you're a little too late to the party.
We're hoping the DLC brings new life to the community since basically everyone (or at least those worth racing with) bought the DLC already so it should be pretty active at least a week or two (if Nintendo doesn't release it close to Smash Wii U that is) but for now, it's pretty much dead. If you really want to play with some Gaffers, you should keep and eye on this thread and join whenever you see it active.

shaki123

To be fair, you said "the tournament's code" not "both tournament codes" so..
As for wanting to "rock and roll" with us, I think you're a little too late to the party.
We're hoping the DLC brings new life to the community since basically everyone (or at least those worth racing with) bought the DLC already so it should be pretty active at least a week or two (if Nintendo doesn't release it close to Smash Wii U that is)

Yeah you're right, I said it wrong. Still, late to the party? The game has only been out for a short while. I have been competing for a time but had some work related stuff to do. So, when I fired the game up it really surprised me nobody from GAF was actually playing the game.

Roo

Yeah you're right, I said it wrong. Still, late to the party? The game has only been out for a short while. I have been competing for a time but had some work related stuff to do. So, when I fired the game up it really surprised me nobody from GAF was actually playing the game.

Well, what can I say? a lot of factors hurt this game's longevity
- Being moved to community too soon
- Terrible item distribution (WORST OFFENDER BY FAR)
- Constant communication errors (SECOND WORST OFFENDER)
- Netcode is hit or miss
- Nintendo's change to the VR system after the Mercedes DLC
- Underwhelming roster.. turtles, babies and metal clones? lol
- Lack of modes and variety (No battle arenas, no random Mirror/100cc in online matches, etc)
And those are just off the top of my head. There are probably more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom