• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT3| You fuck THIS GAME! Let the salt flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

Finally the name has a face. Welcome to GAF.
Fun races last night. I watched the whole video and it was funny to see the race from another perspective.

Ah right, was hoping you nailed some other guy...so fuck you asshole lol. I'll get my revenge on you one day. In fact it felt like you kept hitting me all night just to harass me lol.
lol
Nah, I usually I don't take this stuff personally (unless you troll me, then yeah, it's personal)
you just simply were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Roo is the Kamek of GAF.

"Sweet, first place. I'll just frontrun this thing for a bit--wait,what?" *Roo appears ahead, dropping shit in your face then vanishes* "WHAT?"

It's funny because I can say pretty much the same about you and Albo.
Sometimes I'm leading the race, decide to look back -nothing to see- then boom, Albo or Prob are ahead of me threatening me with green shells just to disappear again.
- Rainbow Road 64 was such bullshit. I spent most of the last half of the race going from 11th to 3rd on driving alone, miss the final item block and as I'm taking flight, both Roo (I think it was roo) AND I get completely bombed on the glider ramp with triple red shells while 3 people boost along with stars for the win.

It was probably Timeaisis.
He used my combo last night so I guess that's why you thought it was me.
Both times we played N64RR, I got decent places. Actually, I got a star in the penultimate item box and I tried to hit Albo in the last curve but I think he decided to kill himself jumping off track lol

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Everything on that RR run is pretty straightforward. Not saying I could do it, I can't execute anywhere near that consistently (or drive a kart at all...) but I was hoping for something a little more surprising to shave off time.

Could probably take off a little more if he hit the shortcut a little better, looked like he was just sliiightly too far on the inside on the second and third lap so he didn't get a orange drift. Shortcut jumping down to the section below I mean, later in the lap.

Timeaisis

- Rainbow Road 64 was such bullshit. I spent most of the last half of the race going from 11th to 3rd on driving alone, miss the final item block and as I'm taking flight, both Roo (I think it was roo) AND I get completely bombed on the glider ramp with triple red shells while 3 people boost along with stars for the win.

It was probably Timeaisis.
He used my combo last night so I guess that's why you thought it was me.
Both times we played N64RR, I got decent places. Actually, I got a star in the penultimate item box and I tried to hit Albo in the last curve but I think he decided to kill himself jumping off track lol

Haha, yes that would be me. I was Roo's twin yesterday: same setup + Luigi. And, y'all should know by now stay far away from me on the last lap of any course because something terrible is bound to happen. :p

Dat hit detection

Oh god, you GIFed my worst moment. I have to hand it to you, that was an incredible throw. I should've just took the regular route. Could you hear my tears through your TV screen as you did that? Because they were there. haha.

Timeaisis

So? what do you think about that setup? Did you like it?

I had more wins last night than I have in a loooong while, so yeah!
It was still only like 3 or 4, BUT STILL!
I had one stretch where I think I won 3 in a row.

So hell yeah, I like it. I'm gonna need to go with a different glider and character to differentiate myself from you (read: not get targeted by Greg) , but I think I'm gonna stick with it for a week and see.

Point being:
Oh, sorry Timeaisis I thought you were Roo :{
Still makes me laugh.

Roo

I had more wins last night than I have in a loooong while, so yeah!
It was still only like 3 or 4, BUT STILL!
I had one stretch where I think I won 3 in a row.

So hell yeah, I like it. I'm gonna need to go with a different glider and character to differentiate myself from you (read: not get targeted by Greg) , but I think I'm gonna stick with it for a week and see.

Point being:

Still makes me laugh.
I literally used every kart available in the game and the pipe frame and circuit special were the only ones that really clicked with me. Their handling is great. The pipe frame has great stats except for its weight. It's too light for my taste so that's why I changed to Circuit Special. Best decision ever. At least to me it has the perfect balance between accel/speed.

Ugh, HATE Rainbow Road. It's usually the start that messes me up. Either I get knocked off, I bump someone and the boost has me fly off, of I get a slipstream boost and that has me fly off.

Oidisco

Why do I keep playing this game when it always treats me like dirt!?

Comm Error, decided to change my set-up to a bike cos why the fuck not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom