• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team |OT| Us North Americans Don't Have Bros

1OSzGsr.jpg

Yay :)

Yep, just $20. Next time I see a special edition 3DS I need to have, I'm just going to make a custom skin of it instead. Someone on Reddit made high res graphics to make a skin of the Charizard 3DS XL from Japan, and I almost made that instead of this.

Here are the images I made:

That's awesome! I wonder if that would look strange on my FE 3DS :p

The level of complaints about this game is little short of ridiculous.

It's incredibly similar in style and execution to Bowser's Inside Story. I'd be tempted to call it a rehash were the details not so distinct.

ffdgh

Yeah...I'll skip digital and just abuse the demo and go to gamestop after I get up. Love the boss battles and that theme <3

Teknoman

SMT X FE credit activate!

After having fun with the demo (those battles are just too good, and the boss theme is pretty catchy...3D effects are really nice, especially when running away from things) decided to go ahead and download. It was either this or Pokemon for my first digital.

It'll be nice to volley between this and SMTIV / FE / EO4 whenever I want.

Bogeypop

Shortly after you get your first Bro. Attack spoiler: I just got to the
Underground Reservoir
and did a double-take at the map because I thought it looked like the
Super Mario World Vanilla Dome layout
, unfortunately I checked and it seems I was mistaken. Would have been an awesome Easter Egg.

jschreier

Shortly after you get your first Bro. Attack spoiler: I just got to the
Underwater Reservoir
and did a double-take at the map because I thought it looked like the
Super Mario World Vanilla Dome layout
, unfortunately I checked and it seems I was mistaken. Would have been an awesome Easter Egg.
Haha don't worry - there are other awesome Easter Eggs.

ttocs

I forgot this was coming out today! What a surprise to think a boring sunday would be upon me only to remember at the last minute that this was coming out and I had 30 bucks in eshop credit from the fire emblem SMT4 deal. It's going to be a good day!

anyone in Europe land get the same difficulties as me with the tilt controls on the dream battle @ the end.

Seems like I am fighting the 3DS gyro controls.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
anyone in Europe land get the same difficulties as me with the tilt controls on the dream battle @ the end.

Seems like I am fighting the 3DS gyro controls.

yes I posted about this. Damn infuriating, the controls work but I hated the fact that you fight the fella two times with great epicness and when you think its finally over, this gyro crap prevents you from finishing the fight

thank god I made it

yes I posted about this. Damn infuriating, the controls work but I hated the fact that you fight the fella two times with great epicness and when you think its finally over, this gyro crap prevents you from finishing the fight

thank god I made it

yeah i have spent 20mins on this so far.

gyro BS is horrid!

Should I get this game? Does it have a lot of RPG elements? I've never played any of the Mario & Luigi games but I loved Thousand Year Door if that counts for anything.

DaBoss

Should I get this game? Does it have a lot of RPG elements? I've never played any of the Mario & Luigi games but I loved Thousand Year Door if that counts for anything.

Yea, you should. Better yet, there is a demo, so you can try it out I guess.

ttocs

It has a lot more RPG elements than I thought it would. It's nothing like the previous sticker star game that was seriously lacking RPG elements. This one is more what you would expect a Mario and Luigi RPG to contain.

Like the others said though - check out the demo if you aren't sure.

Berordn

Great, it's a full game issue too? I thought maybe they pooped out a demo with absolutely horrible sound mixing.

It's a hardware issue, not a game issue. Playing with headphones right now and it all goes away, and sounds fantastic.

Shimomura was not meant to be harnessed by such pitiful audio output.

Mario & Luigi is full on RPG always, though battles are special since it's possible to completely avoid taking damage ever by making use of your abilities as enemies attack. Try out the demo, the battle system is the real draw.

Yuterald

I'm about to pick my copy up. Even though my plates full with way too many RPGs right now (still in the middle of SMT IV, Tales of Xillia, and the post-game content in Dragon's Crown) I'm going to have to dive right into this one. I just love the whole dream world concept. Looks way too cool. It's weird though, I own the other three Mario & Luigi RPGs, but I've never finished them. Meanwhile, I've played and finished all four Paper Mario games (three of which I played to 100% completion). I guess at this point I'll just work backwards, hah!

Berordn

I'm about to pick my copy up. Even though my plates full with way too many RPGs right now (still in the middle of SMT IV, Tales of Xillia, and the post-game content in Dragon's Crown) I'm going to have to dive right into this one. I just love the whole dream world concept. Looks way too cool. It's weird though, I own the other three Mario & Luigi RPGs, but I've never finished them. Meanwhile, I've played and finished all four Paper Mario games (three of which I played to 100% completion). I guess at this point I'll just work backwards, hah!

There's a lot of callbacks to Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story in Dream Team, but you probably wouldn't miss out on too much. Mechanically it's almost identical to BiS except for the tremendous power creep, which is odd to see in the series. You can probably play them in any order without missing out.

You absolutely should play them all at some point though, they're pretty great. Even the worst among them (Partners in Time) is only bad because it does away with the free world exploration and over complicates the battle system with the babies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Never played one of these, how is the combat?

I have so many portable games right now. I'm right in the middle of Fire Emblem, SMTIV, and Persona 4 golden...

Holy shit the sound on the demo is horrible. Please tell me this is just an issue with the demo and not the real game. I will not buy this game if the sound quality is that bad in the retail package. Horribly lazy.

Yuterald

There's a lot of callbacks to Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story in Dream Team, but you probably wouldn't miss out on too much. Mechanically it's almost identical to BiS except for the tremendous power creep, which is odd to see in the series. You can probably play them in any order without missing out.

You absolutely should play them all at some point though, they're pretty great. Even the worst among them (Partners in Time) is only bad because it does away with the free world exploration and over complicates the battle system with the babies.

Yeah, I definitely intend to go back to them. Actually, I was in the middle of Superstar Saga recently, but got distracted by some other games. I played a decent amount of Bowser's Inside Story as well, but couldn't remember why I dropped that game either, hah! I still haven't even unsealed my Partners in Time, lol!

Jrs3000

If you're in the usa grab the kmart ad for it at $34.99 and go get it price matched if you don't have a local kmart.

Hiccup

Banned
I've beaten all except for the two SMT, ETO, and Animal Crossing of course.

Those folders are
Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
NES
DS Ware
3DS Ware

the card is 32GB, but, I'll be upgrading to a 64 GB soon

I travel with my job, so having everything easily accessible is worth it to me.

uberluigi

Banned
2 hours in and I'm enjoying the game so far. Only complaint i have is there's too much hand holding, probably more then the previous games. Got a question, on club n I picked intend to buy the physical game but i decided to download instead. Can i change that to intend to download or am i too late?

Top Bottom