• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

SpaceWolf

Banned
It's weird how they messed up with the "8 years later..." since they got it all so carefully laid out.

I hope they fix it for the home release.

Pretty sure there are a couple of instances where Toomes literally mentions The Battle of New York being 8 years ago in the movie within the dialogue.

There is no escaping this error. We have all become the victims of the breaking of our universe.

Pachimari

Pretty sure there are a couple of instances where Toomes literally mentions The Battle of New York being 8 years ago in the movie within the dialogue.

There is no escaping this error. We have all become the victims of the breaking of our universe.
I can't remember any instance where anybody mentions it being 8 years ago, but if so, we are all dead.

Pachimari

Peter Parker's classmate Sally will appear in Avengers: Infinity War:
”I'm in Spider-Man: Homecoming & Avengers: Infinity War," Amara said. ”They are filming both Infinity Wars back to back but I'm only in the first one."

Homecoming writers only had 3 days to write their pitch:
"There was no time to be nervous really." Daley explained. "We had such a ticking clock in getting this thing made and also in pitching it."
"I think it was the combination of the humor of it, along with the relatability, that we told a high school story that happened to have superpowers." Goldstein explained. "I think that's something everybody can relate to. Just because you get superpowers, doesn't mean you become an adult or sophisticated or can get the girl."
"In many ways," added Daley, "it veers you into a more irresponsible and immature direction."

Jon Watts addresses Homecoming's only real flaw:
”The only real flaw is that [in our movie] there are cars on the ferry, and there haven't been cars allowed since the '90s," Watts said to EW. ”So I'll declare that in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, they never had these rules."

SpaceWolf

Banned
A fan on how the timeline actually remains in tact:

DEMFa2PXUAA1f1l.jpg

GQBj94T.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Do people just assume Avengers took place in 2012 or had it been established before in-universe?

Pachimari

There's no way to fix this shit or make sense of it.

I'm already dead.

Make a deal with Warner Bros, so we can have a Flash cameo, who comes running in to fix the timeline. It's the only way.

Pachimari

So I took a look at my MCU rankings list, and I'm pretty surprised that Spider-Man: Homecoming is the one thing I like the most in the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe. I admit Homecoming had some flaws, and some things I didn't agree with, but the goods far outweighed the bad.

1. Spider-Man: Homecoming
2. Daredevil [S1]
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Agents of Shield [S4]
6. Ant-Man
7. Iron Man
8. Daredevil [S2]
9. Agents of Shield [S2]
10. Doctor Strange

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 pretty much disappointed me. I want to give it a rewatch as soon as its out on home video, because I tend to like movies better on a second watch. The humor and levity just didn't sit right with me.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Masterpiece: (10/10)
Daredevil (Season 1)

Great: (9/10)
Captain America: Winter Solider.
The Avengers.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2.

Good: (8/10-7/10)
Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Iron Man.
Ant-Man.
Jessica Jones
(Season 1)

Blah (6/10)
Luke Cage (Season 1)
Daredevil (Season 2).
Doctor Strange.
Captain America: First Avenger.
Captain America: Civil War.
Iron Man 2.
Iron Man 3.
Guardians of the Galaxy.
The Incredible Hulk.

This Is Just Junk (5/10-1/10)
Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Thor.
Thor: Dark World.

Iron Fist (Season 1)

Pachimari

The Avengers should be higher up on my list. But it all really comes down to ones mood. I can shift and turn it all I want all the time.
Damn, I'm still sad about Iron Fist. One of the coolest superheroes and they go to hire Scott fucking Buck.

I mean Iron Man 3 being 3 years later at least makes Tony's PTSD a little more believable, rather than getting past it over the Christmas break.

People get PTSD from giving birth and car accidents, he went into space and nearly died in a vacuum.

Loris146

For me,

Top tier:

Avengers
Winter Soldier
Spider Man Homecoming
Guardians of the Galaxy
Iron man

Good tier

Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Doctor Strange
Iron Man 3

Meh Tier

Captain America
Avengers 2
Thor 1
Ant Man

Bad Tier

Iron Man 2
Thor 2
Hulk

The Kree

Banned
I mean Iron Man 3 being 3 years later at least makes Tony's PTSD a little more believable, rather than getting past it over the Christmas break.

People get PTSD from giving birth and car accidents, he went into space and nearly died in a vacuum.
He never got past his PTSD. What do you think he keeps fucking up?

Any list that doesn't have Iron Man 3 in the top 5 can be safely ignored tbh.

I'm not about to start ranking things, but over time Iron Man 3 worked its way into the top tier for me. Even the third act being a big mess of drones vs no-name extremis goons ain't that bad.

My memory isn't the best. I remember the Russo brothers talking about it, the casting call, but I think that's about it, no? On the other side, we also have Feige sort of implying she would not appear prior to her movie.
Don't recall if Brie Larson was spotted on the set for Infinity War either.

Continuing from the BO thread, both how I'm inferring the comments and how the timeline works, it might make sense to have Carol appear in Infinity War, the Captain Marvel origin in her solo film (in March 2019), and then play a larger role in Avengers 4 (3-2?). We'll see.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so how much money are the Russos getting for Infinity War? All the money?

I have no idea how much directors are making these days for these blockbusters, but after WS and CW, they have to be making fucking bank right?

El Topo

Continuing from the BO thread, both how I'm inferring the comments and how the timeline works, it might make sense to have Carol appear in Infinity War, the Captain Marvel origin in her solo film (in March 2019), and then play a larger role in Avengers 4 (3-2?). We'll see.

I'm just sceptical, because (iirc) we haven't gotten any reports of Brie Larson on the set and combined with the (presumed) scope of the movie it's probably unreasonable to expect them to devote much screen time to introduce her.

I'm just sceptical, because (iirc) we haven't gotten any reports of Brie Larson on the set and combined with the (presumed) scope of the movie it's probably unreasonable to expect them to devote much screen time to introduce her.

As long as it's not as awkward than the Hawkeye cameo in Thor, it could work. If Infinity War battles are as huge as expected, you'd think the US Military and others would get involved. So she could be one of a number of soldiers, who ends up surviving and injured when they're outmatched. Maybe have a post-credits scene where she's waking up and hinting at her power. Captain Marvel the movie is her learning and coming to term with her powers. And then she plays a larger role next time. I suppose it depends on the state of things after Infinity War.

Pachimari

I'm pretty sure Kevin Feige already confirmed that Carol Danvers will not appear before her solo movie. So we will see her first in Captain Marvel and then in Avengers 4.

El Topo

I'm pretty sure Kevin Feige already confirmed that Carol Danvers will not appear before her solo movie. So we will see her first in Captain Marvel and then in Avengers 4.

He basically did. On the other hand, we had the Russo Brothers (sort of) talk about it and there's the casting call. That said, yeah, I wouldn't expect much.

Pachimari

This is so weird. They're showing Spider-Man: Homecoming in a baby cinema:

[edit] Of course Imgur doesn't work on mobile!

How do I use Imgur on mobile? They changed the whole thing and forces you to use their app, which doesn't give me a BB link for forums. You can't even use their website on mobile for uploads anymore.

Zoe

[edit] Of course Imgur doesn't work on mobile!

How do I use Imgur on mobile? They changed the whole thing and forces you to use their app, which doesn't give me a BB link for forums. You can't even use their website on mobile for uploads anymore.

I force it to use the desktop site.

strafer

Imgur removed the stats of every picture which was amazing, you could see where the pics were linked the most and in which country, shame they got rid of that.

I don't like how abload.de turns images into links, but imgur has been trending in that direction too. Oh well. At least neither is tinypic or one of the old image hosts that reuse links causing some, uh, interesting situations.

My new MCU rankings:

Winter Soldier
Avengers
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
The First Avenger
Age of Ultron
Iron Man 3
Ant-Man
Iron Man
Doctor Strange
Thor
Incredible Hulk
Thor 2
Iron Man 2

The bottom 4 are the only "I watched them and they were ok, entertaining, they happened, cool" of the bunch. Strange is the closest of the higher movies to that, but nowhere near it in my mind. Loved it, it's just where it falls on the list related to everything else.

The Kree

Banned
Imgur removed the stats of every picture which was amazing, you could see where the pics were linked the most and in which country, shame they got rid of that.

It was leading to abuse, harassment, etc. Some parts of the Imgur community are linked directly to the worst parts of reddit, so yeah. They make some of these changes to crack down on that stuff.

Pachimari

Abload.de didn't work here either. I chose to use "Link sum bild" link to the image.

I also realized recently that the pictures I upload they stay on Imgur. So it's kinda more like a service than a pure photo upload thing.

[edit] Oh, abload.de worked.

So they are showing Homecoming in a baby cinema. It's probably for parents who have to bring a baby to the cinema so they can watch the movie.

Pachimari

So all of this time we've thought the Battle of New York took place in 2012 when the movie released, but it turns out that it actually happened in 2010, for the timeline to make sense now? I wish Feige was more forthcoming and direct to the community.

I have trouble with the 3 year gap b/w Avengers and Iron Man 3. Coulson wasn't dead that long, and Tony wouldn't have gone untreated for his PTSD for 3 years.

Eh.

This is Tony. It's in character for him to force that down for an unhealthy length of time.

The Coulson bit is a valid concern....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
started a MCU marathon (just movies not tv shows), most of these movies I've only seen once ages ago. Iron Man still totally holds up, spotty CGI aside at times. Its uncanny how RDJ nailed this character from the get go. Gwyneth Paltrow is super cute in this, holy shit. And I dont even mean "super hot" in a creepy way, shes just...man shes cute lol. 2008 huh? Almost 10 years old...jesus time flies.

Pachimari

Just checked Netflix and there's not a single MCU movie on the service. This service totally sucks with the limited content. It got Amazing Spider-Man, and the various Netflix Marvel series, Fantastic Four and the Punisher movie geez.

Just checked Netflix and there's not a single MCU movie on the service. This service totally sucks with the limited content. It got Amazing Spider-Man, and the various Netflix Marvel series, Fantastic Four and the Punisher movie geez.

You must not be in America.

Even here, Netflix just started adding the more recent movies.

What country? US has Civil War and Doctor Strange.

Pachimari

You must not be in America.

Even here, Netflix just started adding the more recent movies.

What country? US has Civil War and Doctor Strange.
Scandinavia. There's nada here. Just some old comic book movies.

Anyway, I feel like I should give Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 a rewatch one of these days. Because I came out of the cinema really not liking it. I didn't like the levity it played with, the humor and jokes being everywhere, and Ego didnt leave an impression on me. I'm not even sure I remember what the threat was. [Gotg2 Ego spoiler:]
He could basically take over all of humanity and other races to make them extinct and himself stronger the more he killed?
I hated Baby Groot and I didn't get any action with Mantis at all. I liked the whole background and fight between Nebula and Gamora though, I think that was the strongest scene to me; where they fight and Nebula talks about their upbringing.

Top Bottom