• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Pachimari

6iXYPIf.jpg

tsXvlKt.jpg

wNZi1we.jpg

rcUmMA5.jpg

pZ2nJeL.jpg

Pachimari

'Defenders' Team on Challenges of Multi-Superhero Show
Thus she aimed to answer, “Who are the characters? What do they say? What do they want? And how can I show that cinematically and creatively?”

One method was through the palette she established: scenes with each lead are awash in their signature primary color (red for Cox’s Daredevil, blue for Krysten Ritter’s Jones, yellow for Mike Colter’s Cage, and green for Finn Jones’ Iron Fist). “Hopefully that’ll draw you in and then when they all come together it’s an even more exciting and bigger payoff.”

jph139

I forgot how much I liked Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones until the Defenders promo stuff starting popping up. So glad that JJS2 is coming up soon...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Not sure if this was posted but Deadline reports that Marvel and Netflix are gonna film 135 episodes by the end of the year.

Apparently they are currently filming a total of 26 episodes for Jessica Jones S2 and Luke Cage S2 and added 23 more for Daredevil S3 and Iron Fist S2.

Goddamn.

(You will also notice the lower total for DD S3 and IF S2)

your link phrasing is misleading, they arent filming 135 episodes by the end of the year, they will have filmed 135 episodes, which includes all their shows until now (or until then)

Vibranium

Banned
They? So it's an organization, not just a woman?

No, comics Ghost is a man who began as an Iron Man villain (with no revealed name, which is super cool), and eventually joined the Thunderbolts, the team of villains trying and pretending to reform.

We're getting a female version which is neat, and I hope that this means T-Bolts is on the way for the 2020s (feels weird to say that). Provided Ghost doesn't die, I hope not. I also believe that Walton Goggins is playing a hybrid of characters.

Neoxon

With all this Michael Douglas talk, I encourage you all to watch the movie version of Chorus Line. It's really good.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Personally, I think the MCU could do with more burgers.

Mmmm

You speak as if the Marvel Cinematic Universe didn't essentially start out as a Burger King advertisment!

tumblr_n48xylZtOF1srzrtyo1_r1_400.gif

gHuY91x.png

e8777eb7fab3c7ce850871d2e1a2b5cf.jpg

"There is no legitimacy, you are just trolling" is a cheap way to brush off criticism, whether or not there is a group that is guilty of that/whether or not ultimately legitimate or not. I'd also say that (at least at GAF) it seems to be way more often that Marvel fans bring this up to joke about it, but then I don't pay much attention to those squabbles. As for Reddit or Youtube, maybe I'm just too old to know what people there say about MCU.

I'm fairly certain that no one means that there are *literally* no stakes or no consequences at all.

If none of that is brushed away in a trivial manner, but lasts, then you are right. I don't think they have necessarily done a great job at dealing with the consequences of the movies though. To give an example, people bring up Hydra as a justification for Cap's irratic behavior in CW, but this enormous revelation doesn't really seem to have had much as much of an impact (not counting Agents of Shield) as one would have expected. I think the same could be argued for many other events in MCU. That's not per se bad, but I understand if someone is disappointed. People bring up death as the ultimate example of consequences because it is the ultimate consequence, the one you cannot get away from (barring shenanigans) and (as people here rightfully say) also in a way the cheapest way to have stakes.

I mean I just sort of wonder why we set up strawmen to knock down before anyone even levels a criticism. It's not like the MCU community thread is a hotbed of haters.

Good posts, both.

mreddie

I dunno if MCUExchange is legit with their scoops

So where has Carol been all this time? We are told that the comments by Marvel Stuido’s physics consultant, Dr. Spiros Michalakis, about the Quantum Realm playing a major part in Captain Marvel have an awful lot to do with where she’s been and why she sat out the events of Infinity War. With Captain Marvel releasing between Infinity War and the as-yet-untitled Avengers 4, we believe we have an answer to Danvers’ location and see her return to join the fray in Avengers 4.

Long time members of the Carol Corps are going to love the way the story pays homage to her long history. We know the Kree will have a large presence in the film and, according to the source, the film will absolutely include the Kree hero Mar-Vell! It’s well-established in Marvel Cinematic Universe mythology that the Kree have been to Earth before, so we aren’t surprised to find out that Mar-Vell might have been on Earth in the past to observe and report on the activities of humans especially given that film’s plot is expected to be driven by the longstanding Kree-Skrull war.

Though we don’t know if we’ll be seeing him on Earth as Dr. Lawson, we are told to expect to see a version of the Psyche-Magnitron accident from the comics and that accident will be responsible for altering her DNA and giving her powers. Furthermore, we are told that her unique half-Kree/half-human DNA will be used to explain why she hasn’t appeared to age since her disappearance, meaning they won’t need to age/de-age Brie Larson. Just like Thor and the Asgardians before her, Carol won’t necessarily age in the MCU.

Additionally and in somewhat of a surprising move, the earliest drafts of the script include references to her functioning as Ms. Marvel and that there will be a version of her early Ms. Marvel costume seen onscreen. Marvel Studios have been great about updating classic looks that respect the mythology without causing too much controversy and we expect something similar will be done here.

Anth0ny

Marvel Wikia is a deep, dark hole. The plan was to read up on Galactus for 5 minutes, 2 hours later I'm somehow reading about the most obscure Marvel shit possible.

And this happens every night -_-

Suffice to say, I got MCU ideas for dayssssssss

SpaceWolf

Banned
I still don't know what Black Sky is. Does anyone else know?

I think they're basically a handful of people (such as that boy in DD S1, Elektra) who The Hand actively weaponize in an as yet ambiguous way, as a means of bringing about mass destruction. Perhaps they're possessed by some kind of malevolent entity, perhaps they're carriers of some horrific disease, perhaps they're just assassins. We'll probably find out in The Defenders.

Honestly, I hope we see a permanent end to The Hand plot-line in The Defenders. They're a confusing, incredibly shallow antagonist that actively dragged down DD Season 2, and I'd greatly looking forward to the Netflix shows learning to move beyond them.

Top Bottom