• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Black Sky is probably going to end up a whole lot of nothing.
Marvel Wikia is a deep, dark hole. The plan was to read up on Galactus for 5 minutes, 2 hours later I'm somehow reading about the most obscure Marvel shit possible.

And this happens every night -_-

Suffice to say, I got MCU ideas for dayssssssss
I know that feeling. I had the exact same thing happen when I was reading up on celestials.

Platy

This could be interesting...

72nX6gf.png

I am pretty sure they already had kree in the show ...

I think they're basically a handful of people (such as that boy in DD S1, Elektra) who The Hand actively weaponize in an as yet ambiguous way, as a means of bringing about mass destruction. Perhaps they're possessed by some kind of malevolent entity, perhaps they're carriers of some horrific disease, perhaps they're just assassins. We'll probably find out in The Defenders.

Honestly, I hope we see a permanent end to The Hand plot-line in The Defenders. They're a confusing, incredibly shallow antagonist that actively dragged down DD Season 2, and I'd greatly looking forward to the Netflix shows learning to move beyond them.

But I like Ninjas. I agree they could have been handled better. Is The Hand basically Marvel's League of Shadows?

Fhtagn

This could be interesting...

72nX6gf.png

Feels like an intentional background Easter egg to get observant fans excited rather than an accident to me, but hey it worked. Cosmic Marvel is a fun angle for AoS after seasons of "humans hate Inhumans" stuff (which is fine but maybe time to move to other foreground themes.)

SpaceWolf

Banned
But I like Ninjas. I agree they could have been handled better. Is The Hand basically Marvel's League of Shadows?

Essentially. I think that's actually a pretty fair comparison, considering both organizations are centuries old, radical ninja cults that are all about subtly infiltrating every echelon in civilized society as a means of furthering their own agenda. For me, The League of Assassins/Shadows are actually a much more interesting party...probably partly as a result of the fact the League of Assassins/Shadows don't usually have their motivations shrouded in mystery all the time. They're actually driven by clear goals, unlike the Netflix version of The Hand.

The Hand in the MCU is kinda garbo because they only have garbo people in it. Nobu was such a throwaway character and they brought him back! Maybe with Elektra being resurrected I can see myself giving a shit.

jph139

While we're on the subject - Madame Gao being Hand is a huge retcon, right? In Daredevil she's opposed to Nobu in both seasons, to the extent she goes into hiding in the second season.

I really hate the whole conglomeration of every Asian character and organization in Iron Fist. Linking K'un-Lun and the Hand was so dumb.

SpaceWolf

Banned
The Hand in the MCU is kinda garbo because they only have garbo people in it.

tumblr_nncwyhuZqO1uqfsrjo5_r1_400.gif

While we're on the subject - Madame Gao being Hand is a huge retcon, right? In Daredevil she's opposed to Nobu in both seasons, to the extent she goes into hiding in the second season.

Yes, it's a huge retcon that retroactively makes the political backbiting of the various criminal leaders during both seasons of Daredevil make far less sense.

Still, Madame Gao was one of the very few characters on Iron Fist who I actually enjoyed following, so it's kind of hard for me to entirely resent her presence on that show. Same with Claire.

I wasn't paying attention to what was going on in Iron Fist after episode 3 so I don't know.

In this rewatch of DDS2 I still don't like the guy at the Bulletin. He never apologized for how he did Ben especially when Ben turned out to be right. Someone there was in Fisk's pocket and Fisk was up to no good. Wouldn't let him write shit and said nobody gave a fuck and his writing is shit, but looky here he's helping the girl out.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Although the twist revolving around Ben's death in Daredevil was legitimately shocking for me, and his death scene itself was great...I think killing off Ben was something of a mistake for that show. He's a great character who's absence was sorely felt in Season 2. God knows, I felt Karen did an extremely poor job when it came to filling the void left in his place as an investigative journalist in the later episodes.

Karen: I think Castle was a victim of a conspiracy or something...

Daily Bulletin: Great job, as a secretarial assistant for a law firm with no past writing experience, we'd like to hire you as one of our top writers. Here's the office of our lead journalist. You start work tomorrow.

Karen: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A HERO? IN A WAY, ALL NEW YORKERS ARE HEROES...

Did Gao even do anything besides almost punching Daredevil into the movie-side MCU?

Haha, what?

Although the twist revolving around Ben's death in Daredevil was legitimately shocking for me, and his death scene itself was great...I think killing off Ben was something of a mistake for that show. He's a great character who's absence was sorely felt in Season 2. God knows, I felt Karen did an extremely poor job when it came to filling the void left in his place as an investigative journalist in the later episodes.

He's the one character I wanted to cross over into the movies so he could be like a mentor for Peter.

RIP Ben, we did not deserve you.

Daily Bulletin: Great job, as a secretarial assistant for a law firm with no past writing experience, we'd like to hire you as one of our top writers. Here's the office of our lead journalist. You start work tomorrow.

lmaoooo

Haha, what?

All I'm saying is, that punch almost made him see again.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Why should Ben Urich be a mentor for Peter (Parker?)

He's a New York newspaper journalist, Peter will later go on to work for a leading New York newspaper...

I can see it. Although personally, I'd rather see Peter enraging Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin with fat jokes.

Why should Ben Urich be a mentor for Peter (Parker?)

I guess it depends on what they have planned for Peter in the MCU but if he's gonna work for the Bugle, he's gonna need someone there to engage with and I don't think they're gonna go with JJJ again, for obvious reasons.

But I guess that's gonna be an aspect of his life that they're gonna leave out completely judging by Homecoming. Maybe they'll do Dr. Connors right this time?

Haha, what?

Oh yeah, Karen. I don't know how I forgot her name. She was pretty privileged there twice. I agree with you about Ben Urich. It was handled perfectly well. I sort wanted to see him live just to see him crossover into Luke Cage. Luke Cage pulled in every black character from the other shows except for that one cop, so if he lived I'm sure Ben would have had a cameo in it.

The Kree

Banned
Peter is not going to be a photographer in the MCU because everybody has a smartphone and journalism is dead in the 21st century.

He's going to be a tech mogul.

I guess it depends on what they have planned for Peter in the MCU but if he's gonna work for the Bugle, he's gonna need someone there to engage with and I don't think they're gonna go with JJJ again, for obvious reasons.

But I guess that's gonna be an aspect of his life that they're gonna leave out completely judging by Homecoming. Maybe they'll do Dr. Connors right this time?

I doubt the bugle is going to be in the MCU. Certainly not in the form from the comics. I don't see where they could fit it in either of the upcoming avengers films, and even if they could, should they try slandering spiderman, they'd probably get a one-to-one chat from iron man and/or his team of lawyers by the end of the week in the MCU.

Peter will be a YouTube influencer. SMH2 has a scene with Spidey at EA's E3 show, "What up guys. It's ya boy Spider-Man. Here to talk..um..about Star Wars..uh..Battlefront. I'm a YouTube influencer? I'll send it to my boy Frank here. Take it away, Fred."

The Kree

Banned
So you agree with Kingpin that people are more concerned with cat videos and celebrity drama?

I think Marvel Studios is going to do everything they can differentiate their Spider-Man on film from the previous versions. That includes dumping the Daily Bugle.

If they want to involve Jonah, they can have him as the mayor of NYC. Robbie can be his chief of staff.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Peter will be a YouTube influencer. SMH2 has a scene with Spidey at EA's E3 show, "What up guys. It's ya boy Spider-Man. Here to talk..um..about Star Wars..uh..Battlefront. I'm a YouTube influencer? I'll send it to my boy Frank here. Take it away, Fred."

Haha, I can totally picture this.

"It's that Spider-guy from YouTube!"

I certainly hope they don't ditch the Bugle entirely. I've been thinking a good plot for a sequel would be to use the Sam Bullit story from Amazing and Ultimate--a corrupt politician is running for district attorney and is running on an anti-Spider-man platform and the Bugle is heavily endorsing him. But then it turns out Bullit is working together with whoever the Scorpion's boss is. Tombstone or Silvermane or someone.

Wasnt that pointed put by the people in this thread via the leaked characterlisr? The dude who drove the gang to Washington?
Pretty sure this was on the sheet.
The teacher in charge of the Decathlon team that took them to Washington is Mr. Harrington. There is a teacher named "Warren" but it's the female teacher that catches Ned in the library at the end, and she's almost certainly named after Peter's original high school teacher Raymond Warren (who is technically Miles Warren's brother but no one remembers that).

Has anyone bought any of the the MCU art books? I'm gonna get the BP one. Maybe the Thor Ragnarok, Civil War, and Infinity Wars if I like the BP one.

Winter Soldier and original Avengers one is going for $800 on Amazon WTF?

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

Can't wait until he starts spouting racist and sexist views and tries to blame it on the symbiote.

Top Bottom