• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

-Digits-

What's the cap on crit rate again? My YJ is over 50% already so I might need to dump some.

Edit: found this reddit post that says

75% Critical Rate

200% Critical Damage

50% Skill Cooldown Reduction

75% Dodge

130% Attack Speed

130% Movement Speed

75% Crowd Control Time

50% Defense Penetration

250% Recovery Rate (this is brand new in 2.0)

200% Elemental Resist (also new in 2.0)

75% Ignore Dodge?

Drayco21

Unfarmable characters are still pretty lame, but at least they aren't locked behind a paywall. Shang Chi and Misty are cool characters.

Will pick up that Ghost Rider costume for sure, but probably none of the others.

Hmmmm im thinking I like this Giant Man stuff. pretty solid 6* and a good DPS boost on the Tier 2.

Disappointed in Yellowjacket Tier 2 but maybe his 6* will have good iframes

Also I really wanted Robbie Reyes GR costume instead, and Moon Knight doesn't look any different??

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Hmmmm im thinking I like this Giant Man stuff. pretty solid 6* and a good DPS boost on the Tier 2.

Disappointed in Yellowjacket Tier 2 but maybe his 6* will have good iframes

Also I really wanted Robbie Reyes GR costume instead, and Moon Knight doesn't look any different??
Robbie has a car! That's totally different! He should be a separate character!

scoot3r

Just started playing today and now I can't play because of the update lol. I have a 7 star ghost Rider who just wrecks everything, I'm almost through the second chapter of story mode.

Yellowjacket's 6* skill is sick.

I absolutely love it. I'm thinking about T-2ing him.

Is it worth going T-2 without a ticket, if I haven't touched any of my WBs yet? All of my WB are at lvl 40/40 1 Yellow * except Thanos, who is ~4 months from being unlocked (>_>).

My other reason for holding off on T-2ing YJ is that I only have two of them so far (ShaRog and Iron Fist) and one is also blue.

From toying around with it in Skill Preview, Ghost Rider's uniform seems awesome as well. I may grab it.

The Kree

Banned
These modes that require an entire roster of paywalled tier-2 characters to clear don't make sense to me. There is no balance to this game. I'm either steamrolling the AI with a single 6/6/60 character or throwing toothpicks at a brickwall. Nothing in between.

Shadowland is shit. Content that 5% or whatever of the user base is going to be able to complete is ridiculous. Used up all my best characters and I've made it to the third of twenty-five levels. C'mon Netmarble, World Boss was more than enough..

On the topic of ridiculous:

yKJsVEZ.jpg

Fuckin' Black Dwarf man.

The second level of shadowland was actually pretty easy for me, Songbird + Wasp(both T1) completely destroyed it with their shield skills.

Luckily we have a free T2 ticket coming with the new 7 day checkin event, I want to get T2 Gwenpool but she's not ready, maybe Songbird.

Also, what's a good 1v1 combat character? My She-Hulk and Cap just don't do it anymore. And finally, what's a good iso set for IF?

-Digits-

I see Shadowland the same way I do World Bosses. At first they seemed quite impossible to beat but as time went on I managed to get more kills. Shadowland will be the same, and it'll be a nice reason to invest in characters I've neglected because I've been focusing on the meta so much.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Shadowland was Daunting at first play.
- Only matching weakness / suggested types do damage. No "toss in Sharon R, and WIN!" here!
- Characters only used ONCE. Over a 3 day period. Eesh.
- Enemies use their abilities in full force. Carnage Spams his invincible states, Songbird binds people like crazy, etc.

But in the end, I have to agree with Digits:

I see Shadowland the same way I do World Bosses. At first they seemed quite impossible to beat but as time went on I managed to get more kills. Shadowland will be the same, and it'll be a nice reason to invest in characters I've neglected because I've been focusing on the meta so much.

A few good points to keep in mind:

- This makes a whole set of "useless for WB" characters viable. Status effects, DoT, and crowd control are a premium here. Not just "iframes".
- This also gives a lot more use to "anti-snare", "anti-web", etc. items. If you know your STR characters are always going to be fighting Spider Webs...
- You can use a single character to solo a stage. You don't need to use all 3 slots.
- This is constantly hard content that'll push the use of every character you have available.
- Simultaneously, it has good rewards for lower levels too. So more than whales, everyone gets benefit from this.
- It's giving you more access to items used to MAKE powerful characters.
- The lengthily-to-level World Bosses are pretty nice to use here, even when not maxed. It's very nice to have a place to use them while they're growing, rather than them seeing use only when 60/6/6/+20s.
- Universals not suffering such a harsh penalty also is a nice thing here. Gives a bit more flexability to where to use Carol or Queen of Hell Angela. They can help when you're lacking strong characters of a specific typer.

Personally, I LOVE having something that'll make characters like Lash and Spider Gwen more valuable to me. And the fact this can use some more strategy than "bash your head against it until victory!" is great. I really like the fact that it forces more solutions. Now I feel like getting a T2 STR character is more worthy beyond "get them for Str. Auto Battle days!"

All of that paired along side a check-in-event T2 ticket, easy ones gotten from logging in for the month, the increase availability of items, the fact Shadowland takes NO stamina to get in, and all the characters one can level during the constant Hot Time events, and I think this is a very smart new mode that'll continue to reward players as they grow their army, for a decent amount of time. This game honestly has very smart updates, that makes some "full retail" games feel static and lacking imagination in comparison.

Shadowland is shit. Content that 5% or whatever of the user base is going to be able to complete is ridiculous.

There was a time when beating a WB more than once was a big feat. Now look where we are. The same will happen with Shadowland too, but for now it's a long term goal to work toward. I love that it's making us want to build up a big, strong roster. That being said, I think the rewards are pitiful for the difficulty of the mode.

Yeah I do agree that if they insist on giving these terrible rewards then shadowlands needs to be easier. I'm kinda okay with this difficulty(I have 2 T2s and got to level 5) but it's so not worth the rewards and I can't see myself grinding this once the novelty wears out when there's no incentive.

Also, I don't know if this is true of every stage, but on stage 5 when they say "X types have an advantage on this stage", that means that if your character is NOT X type you will do NO damage.

-Digits-

Yeah I do agree that if they insist on giving these terrible rewards then shadowlands needs to be easier. I'm kinda okay with this difficulty(I have 2 T2s and got to level 5) but it's so not worth the rewards and I can't see myself grinding this once the novelty wears out when there's no incentive.

Also, I don't know if this is true of every stage, but on stage 5 when they say "X types have an advantage on this stage", that means that if your character is NOT X type you will do NO damage.

Yeah, I noticed that on stage 6. Picked a Speed stage and threw my best remaining Speed characters at it. Did about 4% damage to them.
I don't think the rewards are terrible, they are exactly the type of things we'll need to build up more characters but they cost no resources at all to aquire. I actually think it's quite ingenious.

Yeah, I noticed that on stage 6. Picked a Speed stage and threw my best remaining Speed characters at it. Did about 4% damage to them.
I don't think the rewards are terrible, they are exactly the type of things we'll need to build up more characters but they cost no resources at all to aquire. I actually think it's quite ingenious.

The rewards start decent enough, but they don't escalate well relative to the roster you need to have to clear this place. Beating floor 19 for example gives you 20 chaos norns, the same as floor 1. Then at the very end on floors 24 and 25, you only get 5* custom gear and card chests. Why not 6*? Someone who is fully clearing this place has no need for 5* items like that, especially at a rate of once a week.

LaNaranja

So I have put pretty much all my focus into War Machine (who I got to T2) whenever I play this game (which isn't actually that often) and I also have a 5 star Drax and a 5 star Destroyer. I got completely destroyed in the first level of Shadowland and did 0 damage. :(

-Digits-

The rewards start decent enough, but they don't escalate well relative to the roster you need to have to clear this place. Beating floor 19 for example gives you 20 chaos norns, the same as floor 1. Then at the very end on floors 24 and 25, you only get 5* custom gear and card chests. Why not 6*? Someone who is fully clearing this place has no need for 5* items like that, especially at a rate of once a week.

That is a problem, indeed. I didn't look into the higher level rewards much, they should definitely tweak that.

The Kree

Banned
There was a time when beating a WB more than once was a big feat. Now look where we are. The same will happen with Shadowland too, but for now it's a long term goal to work toward. I love that it's making us want to build up a big, strong roster. That being said, I think the rewards are pitiful for the difficulty of the mode.

I have three tier-2 characters and can't win at WB.

What's the consensus on Misty and Shang? Top tier? Mediocre?
Debating whether or not to invest my 20 daily bios into them now I've gotten Carnage to 20/20/20/20 gears.

What's the consensus on Misty and Shang? Top tier? Mediocre?
Debating whether or not to invest my 20 daily bios into them now I've gotten Carnage to 20/20/20/20 gears.

Shang seems really good. I only managed to get him up to 56 yesterday but he was holding his own for a good bit against Corvus Glaive, and I managed to get pretty far with just him and two trash level heroes in Shadowland stage 1.

I have three tier-2 characters and can't win at WB.

Who are they? At this point I can 5/5 Proxima and Supergiant and can usually 4/5 Ebony Maw and Corvus Glaive and last week I got 3/5 on Thanos for my first time. Can only beat Black Dwarf once lol. I only have Ant-Man and Moon Knight T2'ed right now.

Proxima and Ebony Maw are pretty doable even without T2s(Corvus as well if you have at least 3 ignore dodge characters), I don't know how you're playing but obviously you have to still learn and dodge their big attacks. Also my cards aren't amazing but I assume that also makes a big enough difference.

Unless you have Sharon Rogers T2, in which case you can literally mash your face against your phone and still win any WB.

Panther seems like it would be tough to win with if trying to split those up on 3 teams

Lately I've been getting solid results with these teams, but make some changes depending on the boss.

Ronan, Loki, Ultron
Star Lord, Wasp, Iron Man or Rocket
Spider-Man or She-Hulk, Ant-Man, Iron Fist
Groot, Moon Knight, Hyperion
Quake, Songbird, Captain America

First being my leader, second being the main hero I use for the fight and third basically being fodder or bonus damage

I only have two Ignore Dodge strikers right now so I sometimes struggle with Corvus for the 5th win. Ebony Maw throws me off sometimes because I can't get Loki Songbird and Wasp to withstand him as easily as the others.

I really suck against Black Dwarf though, I didn't have as many viable heroes for him until recently so don't have enough practice. Last week was my first win against him.

I'd suggest working towards a similar team or two because with the right support, Loki & Wasp and a few others are basically guaranteed wins on most days without needing Tier 2.

Drayco21

I still only consistently get one, sometimes two wins per day- though I confess to not really trying to git gud or try new teams.

Ronan-Loki-Coulson is easy mode, don't even need a tier 2 to steam roll everyone but Thanos and Black Dwarf without thinking.

Star-Lord-Sharon Rogers-Sharon Carter takes even less thought and handles everyone.

Occasionally I try Giant Man-T2 ANTS-Yellowjacket, and haven't pulled it off yet, but I figure I just need to spend more time getting used to using them first.

So far, I've had success with these teams:
T2 Sharon Rogers, Sharon Carter, Captain America
Ronan, Lady Loki, Red Skull
T2 Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Throot

I T2'd Silk as well, but I'm not sure if I can use her well for WB yet.

Panther, Silk, Yellowjacket.

I just tried Supergiant with them and lost.

For Panther and Silk just get yourself a 30% physical attack leader like Elsa, Crossbones, or Deathlok and a third character that gives you a good team bonus. Silk should easily solo all bosses except Dwarf/Thanos. For YJ do team Pym with GM lead. That should be an easy win as well. Load up on attack strikers.

Occasionally I try Giant Man-T2 ANTS-Yellowjacket, and haven't pulled it off yet, but I figure I just need to spend more time getting used to using them first.

There's really no strategy. Just go through all of your attacks while the T2 buff is up then either run around or switch to YJ for 10 sec till your T2 buff can proc again.

Panther, Silk, Yellowjacket.

I just tried Supergiant with them and lost.

Silk can totally solo Supergiant at T1. I've done it before. Practice getting those patterns down and like mentioned above, give her a good physical leadership and another character that gives her a team bonus. How are her gears set up?

Wondering who to use my third T2 ticket on... I have T2 Silk and Sharon so far... so maybe a combat or universal character next?
Throot? Or Giant Man? Wasp? Ant Man? Would quite like a T2 team Pym I guess.

Wondering who to use my third T2 ticket on... I have T2 Silk and Sharon so far... so maybe a combat or universal character next?
Throot? Or Giant Man? Wasp? Ant Man? Would quite like a T2 team Pym I guess.

I think ant man benefits the most out of those three. The research still needs to be done on Giant Man, and honestly unless you are really needing the damage boost, Wasp can handle most fights at tier 1 thanks to her invincibility.

I finally Tier'ed 2 Sharon. Beat WB for the first time EVER.

I will have 2 more tier two upgrades. Who should I get next? Would you recommend a team of 3 tier-2s? Or 3 different groups with 1 tier 2 per group?

YES.

For Panther and Silk just get yourself a 30% physical attack leader like Elsa, Crossbones, or Deathlok and a third character that gives you a good team bonus. Silk should easily solo all bosses except Dwarf/Thanos. For YJ do team Pym with GM lead. That should be an easy win as well. Load up on attack strikers.
Thanks for the advice.
I now have 4 teams for WBs. :D

I finally Tier'ed 2 Sharon. Beat WB for the first time EVER.

I will have 2 more tier two upgrades. Who should I get next? Would you recommend a team of 3 tier-2s? Or 3 different groups with 1 tier 2 per group?

YES.

The latter, as there are a number of heroes who can do the majority of the work on WB on their own, with a good leader and some support. Until you can upgrade tier 2s more frequently it's better to maximize your wins by spreading them out among a few different teams.

I can do 3/4 WB clears right now, my T2 Silk and SR get free wins basically and after that I use a Wasp team(her leadership is good and she can accumulate a LOT of damage through her invincibility) and a Loki team to get 2 more wins. I could get 5 wins every day(except Thanoses and Black Dwarf prob) if I actually optimized my teams but I prefer getting 3-4 easy wins.

I have 17,810 Cakes left and the following options of stuff to grab:

Rabbit's Foot: 15,000 cakes (1).
Mini Burst Pot: 10,000 cakes (10).
Metal Gigantuar: 100 cakes (100).
Holy Crystal: 150 cakes (10).
Elixir: 100 cakes (10).
Remedy: 30 cakes (10).
X-Potion: 20 cakes (10).
Turbo Ether: 20 cakes (10).
Tent: 5 cakes (10).
Ether: 5 cakes (10).
Hi-Potion: 5 cakes (10).

Should I ignore the foot / pots, buy everything else and sell the remaining cakes? If I do so, I'd likely end up expanding my unit slots by 100 to hold the Gigantaurs for future units (have 7.5k lapis and it costs 2k lapis for 100 unit slots).

With that many cakes you should T2 your Gigantaur :p

Top Bottom